ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Ah I see. Thanks! May opt for 'Glastonbury' then?

The hold page probably has that on it.

Its unnecessary anyway, if you don't stop it intime it will just keep refreshing the booking page - you won't lose it.

30 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

What am I missing? Why do you need a keyword for auto refresh??

(Edit: worth asking as it promoted me to efest 'Experienced' status. Wow. Are You Experienced? Yes.)

Something to say between refreshes to prevent you doing more than 59 refreshes in a minute, whilst staring at the screen hoping for the reg page to appear. I also find it helps prevent refreshing by mistake if it appears. 

51 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Only makes me more nervous about the idea of auto-refreshers honestly. Rather refresh a few devices manually like a waltz.

1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3...

I go for something rockier. 4 laptops. Need to find the make a playlist with the right bpm. hmmmm Nirvana Lithium!

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Think you can set some up to stop once the page displays a certain keyword. So in theory the payment page should have "postcode" on it. Might have "post code" though...

image.png.0f1cb0374f81493d2adf101cf196df62.png

10 minutes ago, moogster said:

I go for something rockier. 4 laptops. Need to find the make a playlist with the right bpm. hmmmm Nirvana Lithium!

To music or not to music, that is the question.

I find it too distracting tbh. Perhaps something very quiet like Massive Attack if anything, but when I'm in the zone with my four browsers, three devices, and the pressure's on, I just go without altogether. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I've been the last few years and we've always failed on the coach tickets (one of our friends magically seems to get through GA everytime)

Obviously, there's alot less coach tickets available, but would you guys say it's "easier" to get one or more difficult?

Beyond terrified for next week.

Probably depends where your going from, if your willing to do thursday and how picky you are on times/locations. If your solo and flexible, towards the end of the sale getting a random space with a few helpers would likely be quite easy.

Its an extra chance, ahead of main sale. Thats why i do it

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

It’s funny how anecdotally the posters on here get through in the last few seconds before sell out. I think that’s a testament to our perseverance! Too many fairweather wannabees that are on Twitter complaining about how difficult it is after 10 mins.

Exactly this....and why I fully believe there is a 'sweet spot' about 15 minutes in where demand drops off due to successful purchases now completed, and those who give up as you say.  Demand will still be huge, but it's the time to fully focus your efforts (if you haven't been up to that point that is...).

5 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

It’s funny how anecdotally the posters on here get through in the last few seconds before sell out. I think that’s a testament to our perseverance! Too many fairweather wannabees that are on Twitter complaining about how difficult it is after 10 mins.

I got through in the resale after the official site said sold out.  Keep going foreverrrrr

4 minutes ago, moogster said:

No you keep your hands on the keyboard! That's why you need a straw!

I realize I don't have a straw but do have a hydration backpack. Is this too much?

It probably solves all spilling issues - obviously you say a straw already does this.  Make sure not to drink too much though, for obvious reasons.  Normally Glastonbury suggestion would be to stick to spirits to reduce any urges to dash away from your keyboard - but obvious risks there too!