ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, Calum stoke said:

Hopefully Glastonbury number 10 for me this time. Last one was the Brexit 2016 year. Toughest Glastonbury ever. 18 hour coach ride from Stoke, then no decent pitch available plus rain, mud and brexit (plus some other personal issues) made this my least favourite year. Still had a laugh. Does anyone get the vibe that this years pricing may put some off? I’m trying for Taunton coach Thursday (mum lives there so can go from her’s) then general sale if fail. Missed this forum. Hopefully get stuck back in if all goes well. 

Some do think that, but tbh with the massive number who are always registered I think for every person put off there are others who aren't.

There are still plenty of folks going on holiday, going to the shops etc atm

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Interested to see how quickly coach tickets take to sell, will give an idea of how much ticket prices, cost of living etc. has impacted demand, when compared to previous years.

Unless they don't sell out in the initial rush at all, the number is utterly meaningless. If the servers are managing the rate, which they do usually, then there's no difference between 5 seconds and 5 hours in terms of our ability to determine demand levels.

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Does the Mr/Mrs prior to name matter when buying tix?

they’ve sent that e mail a few weeks ago with ‘mr and mrs’ before everyone’s names but when you retrieve reg details it’s not there.

Names aren’t needed you put in registration codes and the form auto fils with the pre loaded details when you submit . 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Names aren’t needed you put in registration codes and the form auto fils with the pre loaded details when you submit . 

Only my pals have got in before for me so I wouldn’t know haha. Hopefully that changes this year. Do you put post code in manually? Could’ve sworn we had a problem with a 0 and an O last time?

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Only my pals have got in before for me so I wouldn’t know haha. Hopefully that changes this year. Do you put post code in manually? Could’ve sworn we had a problem with a 0 and an O last time?

Yep you’ll need to be accurate on that but no need to worry about spaces . So for avoidance of doubt check now 

Edited by Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Shitting myself now tbh.

I don't think demand will be down at all for the main sale. I think balance payments will be when people review their finances and potentially drop out. 

Who knows tbh we are all guessing .. might be slightly but probable we won’t see any difference in sale times … the only way I’d guess we will notice is If the general sale are still there an hour later … stomach starting to churn a bit now not sure if it’s nerves yet or the fact I need to have breakfast 😀

Question regarding coaches. Does anyone know if the amount of departures leaving on Weds/Thurs are roughly split down the middle for both days or are there more on the Weds / lower amount of departures on Thurs vice versa? I ask because although I love my Wednesdays at the fest I was willing to just try for Thurs departure in the coach sale as in my mind I believe the Weds to be more in demand. 

7 minutes ago, CJB said:

Question regarding coaches. Does anyone know if the amount of departures leaving on Weds/Thurs are roughly split down the middle for both days or are there more on the Weds / lower amount of departures on Thurs vice versa? I ask because although I love my Wednesdays at the fest I was willing to just try for Thurs departure in the coach sale as in my mind I believe the Weds to be more in demand. 

Just now, mufcok said:

What is the actual split, in terms of how many coach packages they sell on the Thursday vs. general tickets on the Sunday, had that ever been confirmed?

I don't think this information has ever been disclosed.

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

What is the actual split - in terms of how many coach packages they sell on the Thursday vs. general tickets on the Sunday, had that ever been confirmed?

22,000 coach+ticket packages sold in 2019.....so you're looking at around 115,000 - 120,000 general tickets for Sunday sale.

Edited by parsonjack

1 hour ago, CJB said:

It looks from this anecdotal list as though there are more Wednesday coaches, but I don't think this is a definitive list:

6 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Where does the coach drop off? Partner and I are looking at booking WV or Sticklinch to treat ourselves but don't want to get dropped off on the other side of the site.

At the bus station, which is indeed at the top of the site. 

For WV there's a shuttle, but you walk to Sticklinch so we just travelled as light as possible. 

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

At the bus station, which is indeed at the top of the site. 

For WV there's a shuttle, but you walk to Sticklinch so we just travelled as light as possible. 

How long is the walk? Thinking of trying Sticklinch next year (have stayed in WV twice now) but not sure I fancy a long trek with all my stuff!