ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

38 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

OK - thanks! 

In that case, has anyone been from Edinburgh beofre and know the rough time? The National express (which I have taken my two previous times) leaves at 10pm on the Wednesday. I am hoping the See coach is another night bus. 

I’ve been on See from Edinburgh twice (2015 and 2016) and both times it was scheduled 10:30pm on the Tuesday. Left around 11pm 2015, but was quite late arriving in 2016. People were panicking. Anyway, it usually leaves from Waterloo Place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

We live about an hour and 20 away by train / bit further drive.. is it worth trying for coach just for the extra chance? Heard its a pain if you are taking crates and you can't buy them on site like at Reading/Leeds

As someone who has got the coach the last 3 festivals and likes to take a lot of alcohol, it can be hard work but it depends a lot on where you want to camp and the sort of group you’re with. The coach drops you within a 5 minute walk of PGA but if you’re not camping near there then you’ll be carrying your booze a long way. You’re not technically supposed to take trolleys on the coach but I do know people who have managed it, they’ll basically go on as a last priority item and only at the drivers discretion. With a long walk and no trolley, you’ll need some strong people in your group😂 we’ve always mitigated this by camping in the first field you see after you walk through PGA. Hope this helped 

• Like 1

Never seen this before

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again."

Brutal

11 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

The how do I buy bit on this covers it

https://supportcentre.seetickets.com/?website=glastonbury

Systems change, in the old days back was better.

6 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Never seen this before

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again."

Brutal

When you're trying for tickets with a group who are, shall we say, a tad less than technically literate, this is what keeps me awake at night...

9 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Never seen this before

Brutal

So this means if you enter your reg number, but the incorrect postcode? That is extremely brutal

41 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Did we settle on best autorefresh chrome extension? 

What was the name of the one which stops when certain texts appears? For Firefox, there is Tab Auto Refresh which gives the option to bypass cache, not sure if this would serve any advantage? Is this in effect a "hard" refresh?

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 16.00.08.png

3 minutes ago, tj95 said:

What was the name of the one which stops when certain texts appears? For Firefox, there is Tab Auto Refresh which gives the option to bypass cache, not sure if this would serve any advantage? Is this in effect a "hard" refresh?

Would this put you on a random server of the 5 each time (bypass cache ?)

wife just nearly gave me a heart attack when she came in and asked me if i was ready for tonight's ticket sale, it took  me a few minutes to wise up. once i's calmed down i realised we should raise the bar a bit for the "my super-special set-up guarantee's me getting tickets", cos if you don't get thru on the very first try its nothing to do with your set-up. 😛 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

wife just nearly gave me a heart attack when she came in and asked me if i was ready for tonight's ticket sale, it took  me a few minutes to wise up. once i's calmed down i realised we should raise the bar a bit for the "my super-special set-up guarantee's me getting tickets", cos if you don't get thru on the very first try its nothing to do with your set-up. 😛 

I presume you don’t go for coach tickets either  !!!  

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So you have a few more days to relax before Sunday 🙂 

i need to do two "tickets on  sale" pages before then, one for tomorrow night and one for Sunday.

tomorrow isn't relaxing, as i have my first gym session tomorrow, from having my doctor refer me to the gym, i'm really looking forward to it.

words i never thought i'd say: "i go to the gym and have a personal trainer"

1 hour ago, tj95 said:

Auto Refresh Plus is the one I've gone for on Chrome - it has a Page Monitor that looks for specified text appearing, or disappearing

7 minutes ago, neil93 said:

The coaches from Glasgow, are there time options and day options or is it just the one offering on the Wednesday given the time it takes to get there?

Don’t know about Glasgow, but for Edinburgh, it’s just one coach which leaves on the Tuesday night, so you only (misleadingly) can go for the Wednesday option.