ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, 09matthewsw said:

Yeah true. I’ve been getting tickets since 2014 but it definitely feels like since the 2020 sale it’s been much harder. 

I got tickets 2013, 14, 15. Since then I’ve not even seen a booking page. 16, 17, and 22 were all purchased by a mate. 19 I got lucky with Oxfam.

Im surely due a run of luck again. 

I have seen reference to auto-refresh apps and using a specific phrase to bring this about.  I don't have time to read through the 112 pages between now and Sunday to try and come to understand this.  Is there a way to explain this in simple terms for non-tech people?  I can imagine you'd rather keep the numbers in-the-know low, but no harm in asking....

32 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Re: auto refresh apps

I may be being dumb here,but which url do we need to refresh for Sundays sale? Is it just  glastonbury.seetickets.com. ?

Nah - you've got to get from glastonbury.seetickets.com to the holding page of doom ("You will be held at this page until the lifeforce seeps away from your soul.....") and *that's* the one you have to refresh..... but not more than 60 times in a minute

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I have seen reference to auto-refresh apps and using a specific phrase to bring this about.  I don't have time to read through the 112 pages between now and Sunday to try and come to understand this.  Is there a way to explain this in simple terms for non-tech people?  I can imagine you'd rather keep the numbers in-the-know low, but no harm in asking....

You don't really need to stop the autorefresh by using a specific phrase - if the autorefresher gets you to the registrations page, then any further refreshes will still keep you on that page, so you're not in danger of losing it, it'll just stay lovely and refreshed.

If you *really* want to stop it on that page, then something like "ADD UP TO 5 ADDITIONAL TICKETS" might be a good choice - it don't appear anywhere else....

You add that in Auto Refresh Plus for Chrome using the  Page Monitor tab

Edited by billum

1 minute ago, billum said:

You don't really need to stop the autorefresh by using a specific phrase - if the autorefresher gets you to the registrations page, then any further refreshes will still keep you on that page, so you're not in danger of losing it, it'll just stay lovely and refreshed.

If you *really* want to stop it on that page, then something like "ADD UP TO 5 ADDITIONAL TICKETS" might be a good choice - it don't appear anywhere else....

“Postcode” is the one I’ve always gone with. And before anyone asks… it is one word (no space). Got through on Thursday so was able to check 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, Radiochicken said:

Multiple horror moments but lucky in the end:

1) Buy tickets button not working first time, 2 mins of horrid refresh and pray

2) bank verification can fuck off

3) this horrendous countdown for over a minute waiting for the payment to confirm

P.S anyone know what time the Taunton coaches leave? Can’t remember if I picked a time, and nothing on email.

just reading back through this .... Taunton coaches you don't select a time but anecdotal evidence points toward earlier departures for earlier bookings 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billum said:

You add that in Auto Refresh Plus for Chrome using the  Page Monitor tab

Many thanks for your reply @billum(and @09matthewsw), but I would really be in need of a "for dummies" explanation from the start....   If anyone knows of an info page or tutorial that might send me in the right direction I'd be grateful!

2 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

Just noticed Sticklinch Farm's for sale if you're looking for something to spend your winnings on. Bargain at £1,3500,000... I'm just a bit short... about £1,3499,950 short to be honest.

https://www.roderickthomas.co.uk/properties-for-sale/property/11730832-sticklynch-west-pennard-glastonbury

Does it come with tickets?  Maybe if we all chip in £50 each, and make up the shortfall by covering the 4 acres with yurts... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Awesome. Thank you. Is it the case that once the system has accepted the post codes and reg numbers, you 'should' be grand? That was the page I couldn't get past on Thursday 

Not  necessarily grand unfortunately from our experience on Thursday as still ticketless due to the authorisation issues but one of us was trying to put the (failed) payment through which blocked myself when I got in

Edited by Helsbels
Changing reply

2 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Not  necessarily grand unfortunately from our experience on Thursday as still ticketless due to the authorisation issues but one of us was trying to put the (failed) payment through which blocked myself when I got in

Sorry no more reactions but thanks for your reply. If we have authorisation issues after all this... Gah! 

4 hours ago, 09matthewsw said:

“Postcode” is the one I’ve always gone with. And before anyone asks… it is one word (no space). Got through on Thursday so was able to check 

‘Postcode’ does appear on the holding page, so will not work.

4 hours ago, billum said:

A long string is likely to fail. You only need to have one letter wrong for this not to work.