ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Feel stupid for asking this... but can anyone more techy than me help with a tethering question? Gonna have one laptop on wifi and considering setting up a second laptop on my phone's hotspot. I can't seem to get my Pixel 5 to tether to my Macbook via bluetooth – if I use a wifi hotspot instead will this use my home wifi and therefore be competing for wifi with my other laptop, thus slowing the connection? Or will it just use my phone's 4G?

Something to ease the nerves.

Sell out times since 2002:

2002: 25 days
2003: 26 hrs
2004: 24 hrs
2005: 1 hr 45 mins
2007: 2 hrs
2008: 10.5 weeks (last tickets went on the gates on Thursday)
2009: 4 months
2010: 4 hrs
2013: 1hr 40 mins
2014: 1hr 27 mins
2015: 26 mins
2016: 33 mins
2017: 50 mins
2019: 36 mins
2020: 34 mins

52 minutes ago, rainbowrhythms said:

Feel stupid for asking this... but can anyone more techy than me help with a tethering question? Gonna have one laptop on wifi and considering setting up a second laptop on my phone's hotspot. I can't seem to get my Pixel 5 to tether to my Macbook via bluetooth – if I use a wifi hotspot instead will this use my home wifi and therefore be competing for wifi with my other laptop, thus slowing the connection? Or will it just use my phone's 4G?

If you want to tether it and use 4G for a separate connection you need to turn off WiFi connection on phone 

• Like 1

Did anyone find any evidence if running in an incognito tab made any difference to how the queue worked?

I'd use a tor session but the latency and pumping my debit card number across it makes me think it's a non-starter.

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Sunday's url will probably look like this if previous years are anything to go by

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-ticket/worthy-farm/nnnnnnn

or 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023/worthy-farm/nnnnnnn

nnnnnn being literally the missing link.

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

If you are on Apple 

image.png.2ab7b6971c4222dd086bde44ad208c61.png

No idea about Android but it should be possible 

I have a lot of these to do and have a python3 script that automates it. Basically, if you start with text file of your shortcuts, it creates a .plist file which you can import into the text replacement app. Saves loads of copying/pasting. If anyone wants it, DM me.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I have a lot of these to do and have a python3 script that automates it. Basically, if you start with text file of your shortcuts, it creates a .plist file which you can import into the text replacement app. Saves loads of copying/pasting. If anyone wants it, DM me.

I find on Apple if you share the same ID with the other devices it auto updates them all. But you do have to enter them 1 by 1

22 hours ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I used an extension this time called "Magical Text Expander". Just had 1(CODE 1), A(POSTCODE 1), 2(CODE2), B(POSTCODE2)..etc. It got me through the reg page lightning fast as all I had to type was 1A,2B,3C,4D,5E,6F.

Also on IOS settings there's a keyboard "shortcut" thing which basically does the same.

Can someone please help me out with setting this up? I’m not good at stuff like this.

I’ve set the extension up on Chrome but can I fxxk work out how to use the bloody thing, I’ve watched videos on YouTube and I’ve now got steam coming out of my ears 😂

Do you add each one as a shortcut on Magical ie

Shortcut 1 Registration 1

Shortcut A Postcode for reg 1

Shortcut 2 Registration 2

Shortcut B Postcode for reg 2 etc?

If I’ve got that bit correct, what do you do when you get to the booking page?

Do you type // in the required box and pick the required shortcut?

Sorry for the daft questions just struggling here and getting frustrated 

13 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I find on Apple if you share the same ID with the other devices it auto updates them all. But you do have to enter them 1 by 1

Yes, mine have synced quickly to iPhone and iPad. But using the script I didn't have to enter them in one by one.

I did just test got and realised that using a combo of letters and numbers is good on a real keyboard, but a hassle on a phone where you have to switch between 'keyboard'.

1 minute ago, TrippyDip said:

Can someone please help me out with setting this up? I’m not good at stuff like this.

I’ve set the extension up on Chrome but can I fxxk work out how to use the bloody thing, I’ve watched videos on YouTube and I’ve now got steam coming out of my ears 😂

Do you add each one as a shortcut on Magical ie

Shortcut 1 Registration 1

Shortcut A Postcode for reg 1

Shortcut 2 Registration 2

Shortcut B Postcode for reg 2 etc?

If I’ve got that bit correct, what do you do when you get to the booking page?

Do you type // in the required box and pick the required shortcut?

Sorry for the daft questions just struggling here and getting frustrated 

I use r 1 ( no space ) for reg and p 1 for postcode . I only typed the spaces on here because it wants to autofill 

Can’t help but think it’s all getting very over complicated on here? Do keyboard shortcuts really help? Surely the main challenge is getting to the booking page. After that, it’s a case of taking your time, being precise, and praying for no glitches. Trying to speed up the process once on that page can only cause problems. There’s plenty of time to input up to six registrations, and postcodes, calmly and accurately within the time you are allowed.

Now any assistance or shortcuts to the actual booking page.... now THAT would be helpful!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. I’ve got the fear.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Can’t help but think it’s all getting very over complicated on here? Do keyboard shortcuts really help? Surely the main challenge is getting to the booking page. After that, it’s a case of taking your time, being precise, and praying for no glitches. Trying to speed up the process once on that page can only cause problems. There’s plenty of time to input up to six registrations, and postcodes, calmly and accurately within the time you are allowed.

Now any assistance or shortcuts to the actual booking page.... now THAT would be helpful!

But getting to the registration page doesn't mean you've secured tickets so anyone else quicker could be buying the last remaining ticket whilst your still typing 😱

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

But getting to the registration page doesn't mean you've secured tickets so anyone else quicker could be buying the last remaining ticket whilst your still typing 😱

Think they’ve got to start throttling access to that page as the number of tickets left are running low.

27 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Depends on how shakey you get … 

31 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Can’t help but think it’s all getting very over complicated on here? Do keyboard shortcuts really help?

Helped us in the 2020 sale would have had to get someone to read them out and type them in then check. We were right towards the end of the sale and had to refresh to get the tickets allocated.