ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

From past experience and from looking at todays responses, its clear there are no tips and tricks, its pot luck

Some people get through on super fast ethernet while others manage to get throguh on a slow mobile phone connection, the browser doesnt matter, age of computer doesnt matter, all you can do is keep hitting F5 and hope you'er lucky enough to get through before they sell out

15 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Did we learn anything tonight for Sunday?

If your bank needs to to approve large transactions through your banking app (natwest do this now with the new MasterCard debit cards), don't use that device to try and buy tickets unless you want to risk accidentally closing the browser when switching between apps 😬

Edited by kaytee...

2 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Lots of long term regulars missed out this year.

That's what happens when you book shite mainstream pop acts, you get the whole party in the park NPC crowd going to take photos for their instagrams

It's literally a festival of contemporary music. 

What did you expect? Of course they'll book pop, because it's what's popular. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

It’s pure luck 

hammer F5

First time in ages got a coach ticket and I try every year, no way I’m driving home on Monday. 

F5 is your best mate, give it some.

I was hammering f5 before I clicked the Wednesday coach button. Think I fucked up and should’ve waited for the button to respond maybe?

I actually feel less disappointed than I thought I would given how much I think about Glasto. 

Somehow tonight felt just like the dress rehearsal for Sunday and as I at least got through to selecting cities, it's a positive sign for the next try.

Then there's also the resale. 

Still two bites at the cherry!

Got through to the location page about 6.15, furiously trying various cities the length and breadth of Britain to no avail. All tickets allocated. The coach sale is an extra level of hellish angst, with they’d bin it and stick them back in the main pot. Not entirely sure people travelling to towns miles from their home just to bag a golden ticket, as happens, is all that green anyway?

• Upvote 1

as soon as the button showed up for the wednesday tickets popped up i clicked it and got in immediately, was so shocked i almost didn't write in the right registration info.

Fucked up and got single tickets instead of return ones but im in and that's what matters. I emailed them about changing that but not sure if I emailed the right email and fairly sure it's a fools errand anyways. Has anyone ever managed to change from a single to a return ticket?

2 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Got through to the location page about 6.15, furiously trying various cities the length and breadth of Britain to no avail. All tickets allocated. The coach sale is an extra level of hellish angst, with they’d bin it and stick them back in the main pot. Not entirely sure people travelling to towns miles from their home just to bag a golden ticket, as happens, is all that green anyway?

I did exactly the same thing. Kept getting 'All tickets allocated' and weirdly options for some places to choose between either 0 or 3 tickets.

At least the main sale is only two pages that need to be loaded instead of three. So, if you got that far once, hopefully you can go one better Sunday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shivroy said:

as soon as the button showed up for the wednesday tickets popped up i clicked it and got in immediately, was so shocked i almost didn't write in the right registration info.

Fucked up and got single tickets instead of return ones but im in and that's what matters. I emailed them about changing that but not sure if I emailed the right email and fairly sure it's a fools errand anyways. Has anyone ever managed to change from a single to a return ticket?

You can just book a return anyway with National Express? They offer far better departure times on the Monday and I doubt you'd pay a big difference in price. Maybe an extra 15%.

4 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Not entirely sure people travelling to towns miles from their home just to bag a golden ticket, as happens, is all that green anyway?

Agree with this. Perhaps the coach tickets should be limited to people who live within a catchment area of each departure town...

It's great for me, as I am within walking distance of the departure point, but of course, some of my group will be travelling further to get to the departure point. At least they won't be making a detour to get the coach, but it definitely happens that some people travel away from the festival to get a coach.