ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

My mate got in, put our groups details in, selected the coach time, I then approved it in my banking app, but then it didn't process the payment. Motherfucker.

Oh no - I thought they switched that approval nonsense off for Glastonbury ticket sales? Worrying now about Sunday, as my credit card app is unreliable. Also wastes precious seconds. Can’t anyone who got tickets tonight confirm?

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

That dispels the idea that demand might be lower this year due to the price increase and cost of living issues.

Not necessarily, you’re only paying the £50 deposit right now. When it comes to paying the other £300+ then we will see

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

My mate got in, put our groups details in, selected the coach time, I then approved it in my banking app, but then it didn't process the payment. Motherfucker.

That is bloody awful. I feel hard done by by just getting through to the departure selection page and not being able to proceed further 

2 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Oh no - I thought they switched that approval nonsense off for Glastonbury ticket sales? Worrying now about Sunday, as my credit card app is unreliable. Also wastes precious seconds. Can’t anyone who got tickets tonight confirm?

I had that and opted for the one time passcode, which came through straight away. Once you’re at the payment stage your tickets are reserved for a few minutes so no need to panic!

Something changed at See's end mid-sale.

At 1803 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 31.x.x.x IPs.......at 1829 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 167.x.x.x IP's.

I didn't check when they changed as I was too busy mashing F5 but it's *possible* that they had big issues and failed over to a separate platform to fix it.

*If* that was the case then a lot of us may have been stuck with DNS cache pointing to the 'failed' IPs....at least until they timed out or were flushed manually.

Just a theory...but something odd did happen.

DNS now has them back on the 31.x.x.x IPs as at the start.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Got through at 6.07pm, into coach selection at 6.09pm, every option I chose from there gave me another error though, incredibly annoying. Not sure if being in a smaller group would've been easier (group of 5)? 
Or selecting somewhere that's not-London to go from, where there's no messing about with choosing a coach time.

6 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Much easier getting through on normal ticket day without having to piss around playing pot luck with which bus has a spare seat. 

Yeah, I really hate that. At least general sale is easier in that sense. Doesn’t make it any less nerve-wracking though!

Edited by CJB

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

I had that and opted for the one time passcode, which came through straight away. Once you’re at the payment stage your tickets are reserved for a few minutes so no need to panic!

Hmmm…this does not fill me with confidence! Thanks for the tip though. One time passcodes definitely better.

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

This happened for my bro in law. He’s with NatWest. He’s so annoyed. Glad I used my card with Barclays for ours. Who do you bank with?

19 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

anyone using auto refresh extension get through? ive never failed to get past the holding page in 10 years... my first time using auto refresh (set to 2seconds) and it didnt even get past holding this time. i blame auto refresh

I got through with Refreshinator loads of times but always allocated. Did get through to payment page but crashed on me and said sold out