Mad Cool 2023

edge235

No way that they will tour in June, July and August. 

This is the problem, not Sziget, because they are still in negotiations. From mygnr forum:

“Seems like the Vigo concert is a given and everyone is just waiting for the announcement (reached out to the journalist of the vigo article)”

12 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

No way that they will tour in June, July and August. 

This is the problem, not Sziget, because they are still in negotiations. From mygnr forum:

“Seems like the Vigo concert is a given and everyone is just waiting for the announcement (reached out to the journalist of the vigo article)”

Hmm, I guess if that is correct then it would be a stretch. But what we know for a fact is June 30. And from there, Sziget is not that far away. Will see. Likely GNR and Bille would be too expensive for Sziget anyways, it's just a guess from me.

GNR are also rumoured for Firenze Rocks and/or Graspop, both in mid-June. And both festivals still need to announce two more headliners. Graspop news coming next week, info by trustworthy user from festileaks forum.

Let’s wait few more days, maybe they will finally announce a tour.

Edited by SweetJesus
  • Upvote 1

It's the never ending story, they entice people with question marks or asterisks or whatever and then the artist pulls out, and all the other festivals improvise without having to fill auto imposed gaps except MC. 

Guns are likely as it's a Live Nation tour and apparently they haven't closed it yet. Maybe the route makes it impossible or they are really confident they can sell out a big stadium in 2023, but right now I think I'd bet my money on them. 

1 hour ago, Naran Jitu said:

It's the never ending story, they entice people with question marks or asterisks or whatever and then the artist pulls out, and all the other festivals improvise without having to fill auto imposed gaps except MC. 

Guns are likely as it's a Live Nation tour and apparently they haven't closed it yet. Maybe the route makes it impossible or they are really confident they can sell out a big stadium in 2023, but right now I think I'd bet my money on them. 

Sorry, I got lost in this lol. What are you saying? I can't follow any of this, maybe I'm missing something. 😄

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I assume the GnR prediction is for the Friday?

Is there any intel on the Saturday final headliner?

Nothing solid, I could see Chemical Brothers or Interpol. Even GnR is more like an educated guess. Although what makes me doubt that is the fact that if it IS GnR, then we will have 3 main headliners with the target audience of 30-40 or even 40-50. Seems very odd. 

But it would make sense if the original plan was Billie (as there was info about this) and they are scrambing for an available headliner with that magnitude. 

I just hope it's not Stray Kids or Black Pink, as sadly they are still plausable.

2 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Don’t think so. Maybe missing Saturday spot, but not main headliner. 

That would be the slot they would play in my head; but don’t underestimate them. They were booked as a main headliner in 2020 and in 2021 when it came back they were the main headliner of the Friday before pulling out and being replaced by KOL. 

Would much rather GNR for that Friday slot though 

26 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I did note this contains both Marcus Mumford solo and the full Mumford & Sons experience... does this raise the possibility other festivals they might turn up at may also have to get a double dose?

Maybe, but they are playing in Canada on the 12th, so I doubt they will play MC.

13 hours ago, Akujin said:

Maybe, but they are playing in Canada on the 12th, so I doubt they will play MC.

Not necessarily impossible but yeah, those circumstances make it likelier than not that they won't be around.

Tbh, it's been so long since I'd last heard a Mumford & Sons song that I'd forgot they were still a thing.

Just a reminder that Kendrick is playing PS Madrid on Friday and then Governors in NY on Sunday. 

5 days are more than enough for M&S to end the European tour and go back to Canada. 

We'll see in the next few days, once they have announced a LN festival there should be no reason to postpone MC announcement unless it's not them. 

I, d bet 100 pounds MUMFORD & SONS will be the main header friday, it fits MC politics of recovering announced acts that could not play, and M&S were in the 2021 cover, along FNM, if I,m not mistaken

Not so much impressed, by the way

Let,s wait for the remaining header slot saturday and at least 5 main undercard acts that left to fill, but not so many hopes of brilliance...