Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Just back from Murrayfield and that was absolutely incredible.

She was absolutely brilliant but the crowd absolutely made the whole show. Have never heard a crowd like that at anything in my life before. Wore earplugs and I've still got a slight ringing in them just now.

The Bolter/Getaway Car mashup was phenomenal.

Visually stunning, dancers and set design were great. 10/10, lived up to the hype and then some.

5 hours ago, GordonMcG said:

Just back from Murrayfield and that was absolutely incredible.

She was absolutely brilliant but the crowd absolutely made the whole show. Have never heard a crowd like that at anything in my life before. Wore earplugs and I've still got a slight ringing in them just now.

The Bolter/Getaway Car mashup was phenomenal.

Visually stunning, dancers and set design were great. 10/10, lived up to the hype and then some.

The crowd is in another level

On 6/8/2024 at 1:34 AM, MEGABOWL said:

Probably one of the best gigs I’ve ever witnessed 

Having slept on it I stand by this statement. The production was superb, she’s got star quality like very few people and the crowd was amazing. Never been to a stadium gig before where the entire place stood 5 minutes before the show began and stayed stood throughout.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There was a moment after Champagne Problems when she seemed genuinely staggered by the volume of the bedlam. 

That was about 3 minutes of solid noise 

37 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Having slept on it I stand by this statement. The production was superb, she’s got star quality like very few people and the crowd was amazing. Never been to a stadium gig before where the entire place stood 5 minutes before the show began and stayed stood throughout.

Why would you need to sleep on it to stand by it?, it doesn't need justifying. It's not a show people didn't expect to be great or were likely to slate.

Paramore at 6 and swift around 7, theres no chance of her coming to the farm this year for any reason

went to edinburgh night 1 with 2 massive swifties and it was incredible - easily as good as advertised!

Edited by Memory Man

On 6/6/2024 at 9:43 PM, jow95 said:

finishes at 5, her recent set times have her on stage at 8. 

3 hours to down a cider, get Air swift over to Dublin and a costume change if you ask me.

She comes on at 7 or 7:15 to have it done by half 10. Its just not happening this year

Just now, Memory Man said:

She comes on at 7 or 7:15 to have it done by half 10. Its just not happening this year

Well the fact that she announced 3 shows in 3 nights for Dublin over Glastonbury weekend meant it was at best a 0.005% chance.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Why would you need to sleep on it to stand by it?, it doesn't need justifying. It's not a show people didn't expect to be great or were likely to slate.

Because I wanted to see if it was a snap judgement or not? To see if my opinion changed once the adrenaline wore off?

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Well the fact that she announced 3 shows in 3 nights for Dublin over Glastonbury weekend meant it was at best a 0.005% chance.

Yep, she's doing 3 hours plus on consecutive nights and clearly she doesn't phone it in. There's no way she's adding side trips into the mix.

On 6/8/2024 at 7:33 AM, MichaelsBeard said:

Got in last minute last night. Some show.

Real shame Covid curtailed her playing the farm. 

On 6/8/2024 at 9:42 AM, LockdownP said:

How did you manage this if you don’t mind me asking?

Yeah I'm interested in that too, assume you paid some big money? I've been looking at Edinburgh to get an idea of what Liverpool might be like next week, and it looks like £500+ even on the day

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I'm interested in that too, assume you paid some big money? I've been looking at Edinburgh to get an idea of what Liverpool might be like next week, and it looks like £500+ even on the day

Apparently they released a chunk of restricted view seats at 2 yesterday afternoon. 

12 minutes ago, tarw said:

Apparently they released a chunk of restricted view seats at 2 yesterday afternoon. 

Even then presumably you needed a code to buy them?

3 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Because I wanted to see if it was a snap judgement or not? To see if my opinion changed once the adrenaline wore off?

Yes, things can definitely change in retrospect. There are some gigs that are great at the time but forgettable, then others that just linger with you.

32 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah it's invite only or whatever so only to certain accounts.

They defo released some of all types of tickets on the friday for the show that night

Interesting. Was this Ticketmaster do you know? If so I assume this was for anyone who was eligible for the original sales. Will keep an eye out on the Liverpool days! Would pay a normal price or would take a restricted view also to be there 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Interesting. Was this Ticketmaster do you know? If so I assume this was for anyone who was eligible for the original sales. Will keep an eye out on the Liverpool days! Would pay a normal price or would take a restricted view also to be there 

I think TM but unsure. Also some went up today for today's show. Probs some restricted view but also a few standing ones. I was front left standing on Friday and it was pretty spacious and not busy at the back.

I tried to join the queue on TM earlier out of curiosity but it said your account is not eligible or whatever. I think cause i originally had presale I never was fussed about signing up for the actual sales back last summer.

On 6/9/2024 at 12:42 PM, efcfanwirral said:

It was a bit unorthodox to be honest haha

Can't say anymore but I didn't pay 👀 @LockdownP

Second night in Edinburgh here. Coach up from Carlisle was surprisingly sedate, and took what felt like a curious route, but can't complain if it gets you there in one piece.

Having seen Beyonce in Sunderland last year, feel the production elements on this aren't quite as audacious, but it's a close-run thing. Swift, for all her foibles, absolutely has both star power in the show sense and live grit in the gig sense, if that kind of sums it up, and definitely comes out on top if we're drawing comparisons. (Helped immensely by a setlist like that too.) Top five gig of the year, easily.

Kudos to Paramore for playing Burning Down the House to a crowd that were absolutely dead for it in the rafters, but not much beyond that. Was sadly underwhelmed; Williams had some terrific moments, and some noticeable flubs. Hope others enjoyed more than me!