Taylor swift

brettredmayne

I’ve never listened to a Taylor album but like a lot of the singles.. just from the reviews and being a big fan of big pop shows (Madonna, gaga) I think I’d probably love it. 

Looks like there’s a chance of picking up a last min single ticket at a reasonable price if you can get a code.. or get lucky on twickets..

Edited by Pipine

Taking the family tonight (partly to fill in the lost 2020 headliner) and think I’m looking forward to it more than the kids, can’t wait. What was tube like getting away? Tends to take quite a while after football and thinking it might be worth considering alternatives. 

On 6/19/2024 at 11:57 PM, Neville Street said:

Anyone getting tickets without a code? Daughter (28) didn’t get a code last year and is now gutted that the last minute stuff is still locked down,

Two of our daughters were outside Wembley last night but ticket prices were crazy. Really want to get them inside in August. Any useful tips for picking up face value tickets?

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Has she ever phoned in a dud on this tour?

My daughter has been live streaming every night on the tour and says no. She’s a bit of a fan though. 

We went on Friday and I was absolutely blown away. Never been to a stadium gig like that before and it was just brilliant. We were sat in the top tier and had a perfect view of everything. I’m no die hard fan of Taylor but boy can she put on a show. Incredible.

Decided to avoid the mad crowd getting into Wembley Park underground and instead walked to the next station which proved to be a good choice.

To anyone else going - enjoy!

4 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

We went on Friday and I was absolutely blown away. Never been to a stadium gig like that before and it was just brilliant. We were sat in the top tier and had a perfect view of everything. I’m no die hard fan of Taylor but boy can she put on a show. Incredible.

Decided to avoid the mad crowd getting into Wembley Park underground and instead walked to the next station which proved to be a good choice.

How was the sound up there?

29 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Which one? Preston Road?

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Has she ever phoned in a dud on this tour?

No- I think 1 got cancelled in Brazil due to storm but other than that she has powered on through, including rain. In Edinburgh her hand cramped up due to the cold during the acoustic section and she just came out the following night with gloves on! 
seems like she always gives 100% and genuinely appreciates the fans  in each city, adapts each show with different costumes, local references etc. starts on time, ends on time and delivers a truly professional performance each time for 3hours and 20 mins. 

1 hour ago, Neville Street said:

Two of our daughters were outside Wembley last night but ticket prices were crazy. Really want to get them inside in August. Any useful tips for picking up face value tickets?

Given the sheer scale of demand, I'd suggest prayer.

2 hours ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

What was tube like getting away? Tends to take quite a while after football and thinking it might be worth considering alternatives. 

I didn't find it so bad after seeing England win the Women's Euros final on my last trip to Wembley. Just a slow wander back to Wembley Park. I certainly didn't find it as difficult as the Tottenham Stadium.

Admittedly this was at around 5pm, rather than 11pm when the likelier vibe is just going to be feeling super tired.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Have any turned up there? I must confess I haven't been looking out for them in the way I am for, say, The Killers, but I thought it was exclusively done through Ticketmaster's platforms.

Officially they say to use Ticketmaster/AXS for resale, as you use their apps to get in so it's the only 100% safe route.

But can arrange a sale outside that and then use the apps to transfer a ticket. Would need a degree of trust though as twickets (or other resale platforms) can't verify the ticket is legit or that the seller will actually transfer it.

Got a twickets ticket on Friday morning for that night. You just have to refresh with glasto levels of commitment and it's possible. It was side on in the gods ticket and the view was still excellent.

Re leaving, I detoured and walked down Empire Way - there's a second roadside entrance into Wembley Park that was almost completely empty. I got back to North London at 23:45 so I'd say it's worth it.

Hi.  For anyone looking to buy on Twickets I can perhaps shed a little light ... we had a spare ticket for Edinburgh and so I popped it on Twickets a day or so before (at face value obviously) and it went within minutes.  I transferred the ticket through the Ticketmaster app, and messaged the girl a few times to make sure she got it ok.  

At the gig she was sat with us so we had a chat (and swapped friendship bracelets 😃 with my daughter) and she said she was on Twickets and just happened to refresh the page at the right time and snapped it up.  

For the Taylor Swift gigs they are not using the Paypal immediate route of payment, they are paying to your bank account approx 5 days after the date of the gig.  I guess this is to lessen the risk to buyers of the tickets being fraudulent.  Anyway I'm not sure if "officially" I was supposed to resell on Twickets but I would have hated for the ticket to go unused.  

4 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Hi.  For anyone looking to buy on Twickets I can perhaps shed a little light ... we had a spare ticket for Edinburgh and so I popped it on Twickets a day or so before (at face value obviously) and it went within minutes.  I transferred the ticket through the Ticketmaster app, and messaged the girl a few times to make sure she got it ok.  

At the gig she was sat with us so we had a chat (and swapped friendship bracelets 😃 with my daughter) and she said she was on Twickets and just happened to refresh the page at the right time and snapped it up.  

For the Taylor Swift gigs they are not using the Paypal immediate route of payment, they are paying to your bank account approx 5 days after the date of the gig.  I guess this is to lessen the risk to buyers of the tickets being fraudulent.  Anyway I'm not sure if "officially" I was supposed to resell on Twickets but I would have hated for the ticket to go unused.  

They did the same for Eagles tickets that I sold. Maybe they have fallen out with paypal

10 hours ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Taking the family tonight (partly to fill in the lost 2020 headliner) and think I’m looking forward to it more than the kids, can’t wait. What was tube like getting away? Tends to take quite a while after football and thinking it might be worth considering alternatives. 

It took a while to get to the tube afterwards with the Stop Go crowd control, but it was okay really and very good humoured.  There was even a Taylor singalong at one point.  I doubt the alternatives would be any better.

4 hours ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Glad to hear your spare ticket went to a genuine fan and not to some tout.

I bagged my 2 tickets the same way about 10 days ago at the first attempt.  I was trying repeatedly every since as I needed one more, but was never quick enough.  I feared I was up against a global army of touts seeking to put them on Stubhub for 10 times the price, but if it's mainly genuine Swifties then I'm okay with that.

Took my 11 year old daughter last night and was completely blown away by the whole experience. I don't know much of her material outside of the singles that I've heard on the radio but the 3 hours just flew by and there was no point where I felt even the slightest bit bored or distracted. We were up high to the side of the stage and although we couldn't see the front, we did have an excellent view of the walkway and the stadium as a whole. The screen worked well but I loved seeing all the lights and visuals around the platform. They had hung speakers from the roof so the sound was superb where we were. Thought from about halfway through when it started to get a bit dark and all the wristbands lit up it was just fantastic! We had a great view of the whole stadium and it was crazy how intimate it felt with almost 90,000 people there.

Agree with what everyone has said about the atmosphere and the levels that people went to with costumes and bracelets etc was off the charts. From the moment we got on the bus from our hotel, where we met a group from Bristol, it was just amazing to see how hyped and up for it everyone was. We went into Boxpark beforehand which was a great warm up as they were playing non-stop Taylor, and I could get a beer and food! 

Would love to take my wife in August but the tickets are just silly prices and I doubt they will come down much.

• Upvote 1