Taylor swift

brettredmayne

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca spied at Wembley tonight

Probably cause of early curfew.

Grohl took a shot. This is likely in response to his daughter getting harrassed so badly by swifties that they sent death and r*pe threats to her because she talked about the jet usage. 

For anyone doing Wembley in August - yesterday I went to Wembley Central after the gig, about 20 minute walk and straight onto a train to Euston - very little queuing. Would recommend that v Wembley Park. 

Wow, what a show. I like her but wouldn't class myself as a huge fan but was genuinely blown away. Gutted we lost her in 2020, what a year that would have been with McCartney the next night. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Grohl took a shot. This is likely in response to his daughter getting harrassed so badly by swifties that they sent death and r*pe threats to her because she talked about the jet usage. 

Feel like I missed something because I wasn't aware about Swift fans making comments about his daughter.

I thought it was just banter that some Swift fans took to it's most negative interpretation. Though I was amused by one fan calling their show in London at a "much smaller venue" as that's the first time I've ever heard anyone described London Olympic Stadium as small.

Late to comment on this............ but....

Cardiff was incredible. Felt properly welled up on occasion.

I am becoming very grumpy and cynical, but found the energy from the yoof and the passion and atmosphere in that stadium was joyous to the point of being overwhelming.

So glad we went, and so glad we got to share it with all the family before they are too cool to go to concerts with their Dad. 

• Upvote 2

Just getting back on here after missing the festival again this year.

Attended night 1 at Wembley and, blimey. That must be how people who saw Queen at Wembley felt. I've been to plenty of big shows, shows that I've loved with incredible atmospheres, but this was something beyond. Swifties keep banging on about how she's our generations Beatles, but nah. She's not a "new" anything, she's created an entirely new thing altogether. It's almost like the Taylor Extended Universe or something. I'm not interested in the comparisons with other mega acts through history, I think it's quite a dull discussion point, but there's no doubt she's reached the biggest level possible.

I've not really commented on the new album here either - for my money it's one of the best things she's done, and the live show takes it to another level. Folklore will always have a special place in my heart, but TTPD may well be some of the best work she's done. Phenomenal record.

On a Glastonbury note, I dunno if this was just me being well out the bubble this year, but the festival this year felt to me, for the first time in a long while, like it struggled to drum up the massive hype in the mainstream. Just didn't see the same amount of discussion, anticipation etc. It looked great on TV and I'm sure it was a blast, it always is, and the coverage was good this weekend, but it just felt like something was slightly missing. I'm not sure if the Eras tour, and also the likes of Bruce, P!nk and Foos, being major events that Glastonbury missed out on perhaps diverted some of the oxygen away from the festival? I might be way off, but it was a thought my friends and I had. 

I've also reached the point where I don't think TS headlines for a long time. She's in a different universe to the other acts in the mix to headline.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Just getting back on here after missing the festival again this year.

Attended night 1 at Wembley and, blimey. That must be how people who saw Queen at Wembley felt. I've been to plenty of big shows, shows that I've loved with incredible atmospheres, but this was something beyond. Swifties keep banging on about how she's our generations Beatles, but nah. She's not a "new" anything, she's created an entirely new thing altogether. It's almost like the Taylor Extended Universe or something. I'm not interested in the comparisons with other mega acts through history, I think it's quite a dull discussion point, but there's no doubt she's reached the biggest level possible.

I've not really commented on the new album here either - for my money it's one of the best things she's done, and the live show takes it to another level. Folklore will always have a special place in my heart, but TTPD may well be some of the best work she's done. Phenomenal record.

On a Glastonbury note, I dunno if this was just me being well out the bubble this year, but the festival this year felt to me, for the first time in a long while, like it struggled to drum up the massive hype in the mainstream. Just didn't see the same amount of discussion, anticipation etc. It looked great on TV and I'm sure it was a blast, it always is, and the coverage was good this weekend, but it just felt like something was slightly missing. I'm not sure if the Eras tour, and also the likes of Bruce, P!nk and Foos, being major events that Glastonbury missed out on perhaps diverted some of the oxygen away from the festival? I might be way off, but it was a thought my friends and I had. 

I've also reached the point where I don't think TS headlines for a long time. She's in a different universe to the other acts in the mix to headline.

Glastonbury had fun moments this year but the spark and buzz from pitching up and cracking a can open is more in celebration of dropping your stuff that you've made it! We will be trying for 2025 given 26 is fallow

• 1 month later...

I was checking which surprise songs were left unplayed and I thought I was going to get totally shafted on the last night in Warsaw yesterday, especially after Suburban Legends went on Thursday. Then we got this:

1. (spoken intro; mashup on guitar)
must be the best of the entire tour! I still can’t believe it. And just what a show in general, even set in the gods of a 70k seat stadium.

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I was checking which surprise songs were left unplayed and I thought I was going to get totally shafted on the last night in Warsaw yesterday, especially after Suburban Legends went on Thursday. Then we got this:

1. (spoken intro; mashup on guitar)
must be the best of the entire tour! I still can’t believe it. And just what a show in general, even set in the gods of a 70k seat stadium.

The Black Dog/Exile is a top combination

Doesn't match YOYOK/Long Live mashup at Lisbon N2 and Cornelia Street and YOYOK at Mexico City N3 in terms of making me jealous though 

• Like 1

My colleague managed to pick up two restricted view tickets (i.e round the side of the stage) via an AXS/ticketmaster code yesterday afternoon, 60 notes each, so it's definitely happening

32 minutes ago, Mardy said:

My colleague managed to pick up two restricted view tickets (i.e round the side of the stage) via an AXS/ticketmaster code yesterday afternoon, 60 notes each, so it's definitely happening

Yeah, I got a message last night and managed the same restricted style tickets. Far from ideal but thought better then not going at all. They badged them as "production holds" which is a bit of a joke and sure the view will be very poor or non-existant. Hoping to see some of the runway but who knows how bad they are going to be. Did get aisle seats, so will be going on plenty of wondering around to see if I can improve things without causing to much fuss to others in the same row.

Hello,

You’ve been selected from the waitlist to participate in the Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour ticket sale, powered by Ticketmaster, for the on-sale for the following show dates:

Wembley Stadium, London - 15, 16, 17, 19 and 20 August 2024 

A limited supply of production hold tickets for the dates above of Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour have been released and are on sale NOW.

Holly Humberstone and Raye as the supports for my shows

Never particularly listened to Raye much but appreciate she is very critically praised

Holly is literally my second favourite artist behind Taylor though so there could not possibly be a better support for me personally, I am absolutely over the moon!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Holly Humberstone and Raye as the supports for my shows

Never particularly listened to Raye much but appreciate she is very critically praised

Holly is literally my second favourite artist behind Taylor though so there could not possibly be a better support for me personally, I am absolutely over the moon!

That's amazing, I've followed her since during lockdowns and she's got better and better. Saw her at Leeds Fest on her own with backing tracks, Glastonbury with just the drummer, Liverpool last year acoustic and Y Not this weekend with the full band, and I couldn't believe the evolution and just how good she was on the most recent two over the last year. 

Before it hadn't even crossed my mind but now I think she could be a headliner for the smaller festivals in future. This Taylor support slot will be a big boost

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Flipping heck, that amounts to a lot of very disappointed Austrian Swifties ☹️

Travelling moreso. Theres a contingent of people already upset they wont get refunds for travel expenses and thats what theyre upset avout. Not the potential dying part.

So is Wembley going to be a fortress next week then? Dont see how they dont add a perimeter that maybe checks your ticket before you get anywhere close. And maybe no merch pop up.

49 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Travelling moreso. Theres a contingent of people already upset they wont get refunds for travel expenses and thats what theyre upset avout. Not the potential dying part.

So is Wembley going to be a fortress next week then? Dont see how they dont add a perimeter that maybe checks your ticket before you get anywhere close. And maybe no merch pop up.

They'll need everything to calm down a bit to be able to spare the resources for that...