Taylor swift

brettredmayne

On 8/6/2024 at 11:06 AM, Dales said:

They badged them as "production holds" which is a bit of a joke and sure the view will be very poor or non-existant. Hoping to see some of the runway but who knows how bad they are going to be. 

Most of the production holds still get quite a good view. She spends a lot of her time on the “diamond”/runway, so most people see her. Not my pics but just wanted to share so you can see 🙂

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6469.webp

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

Most of the production holds still get quite a good view. She spends a lot of her time on the “diamond”/runway, so most people see her. Not my pics but just wanted to share so you can see 🙂

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6469.webp

Thanks for sharing. I plan to go not expecting to see much and any if I get any sort of view its a bonus. It should be a good atmosphere anyway.

On 8/8/2024 at 1:04 AM, Suprefan said:

Doesnt football start back up on the 16th. That should clear the streets

Lower league football actually starts up this weekend, and given it doesn't seem as though there is an expectation for things to be as f**king crazy as they were here last weekend (touch wood), that might help.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:08 AM, ls2408 said:

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6469.webp

I remember finding it odd seeing footage of Paramore's set supporting TS at Anfield a few months ago and seeing people sat behind the stage.

In fairness I imagine the view of the show itself will be not-zero, but it is still unusual.

Wembley yesterday

Holly Humberstone was good, what I saw

Paramore were excellent and should be on the farm

Taylor. Well, as others have said what a show from start to finish. Production was outstanding, she was on top form and just a brilliant performance . We were on the pitch near the diamond so when she winked I knew it was towards me. Had good room around us to to get a groove on. 

We got London boy and a mashup of Dear John and Sad Beautiful Tragic.

We hung out in Wembley before to soak up the swiftie atmosphere,  they all seem a wholesome bunch. Loved them swamping the policemen after the show to cover their arms in Braclets, they were loving it.

The collecting of the confetti at the end was funny. Saw one girl with a carrier bag full. 

The fireworks at the end seemed a bit pathetic but she had us all in delirium 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Wembley yesterday

Holly Humberstone was good, what I saw

Paramore were excellent and should be on the farm

Taylor. Well, as others have said what a show from start to finish. Production was outstanding, she was on top form and just a brilliant performance . We were on the pitch near the diamond so when she winked I knew it was towards me. Had good room around us to to get a groove on. 

We got London boy and a mashup of Dear John and Sad Beautiful Tragic.

We hung out in Wembley before to soak up the swiftie atmosphere,  they all seem a wholesome bunch. Loved them swamping the policemen after the show to cover their arms in Braclets, they were loving it.

The collecting of the confetti at the end was funny. Saw one girl with a carrier bag full. 

The fireworks at the end seemed a bit pathetic but she had us all in delirium 

I saw here the night before and we got Ed Sheeran as a guest, superb show and really something quite amazing to witness. 

I really do hope that she does play the farm one day, but I don't think it will be for another few years now. This tour has been huge and she needs a well deserved break.

20240815_205135.jpg

20240815_220228.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

I saw here the night before and we got Ed Sheeran as a guest, superb show and really something quite amazing to witness. 

I really do hope that she does play the farm one day, but I don't think it will be for another few years now. This tour has been huge and she needs a well deserved break.

20240815_205135.jpg

20240815_220228.jpg

Those photos alone are mesmerising.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Great images. Shows what we missed out with the covid cancellation 

We definitely missed out on something special, but it probably would have been quite different to what she's doing at the moment.

When the Lover shows were announced, it was said to be a more stripped back, festival type setup than she'd been doing previously - which suited the album and would have made it work well at Glastonbury.

Whereas the Eras Tour pretty much goes in the exact opposite direction, and is a really intricately designed, choreographed, and expansive show that really couldn't be transplanted in a recognisable form onto the Pyramid (or elsewhere) without an unrealistic amount of effort going into it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2024 at 11:47 AM, Kalopsia said:

20240815_205135.jpg

20240815_220228.jpg

We were there on Saturday.  I'd been looking forward to it for a long time and had deliberately not watched any footage or the cinema release, and although I fully expected it to be pretty great we were still blown away by the scale of the production and the tech involved.

I'm getting on a bit now and I've seen hundreds of gigs and shows over the years but I think I can honestly say this was one for the ages, and I'm possibly unlikely to see anything this incredible ever again.  Not a doubt she'd struggle to match this scale of performance on the Pyramid.

We got 'I Did Something Bad' for the acoustic section.  First time live since 2018 apparently and firing up expectations of an imminent Rep TV release  The Swifties went wild.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/17/2024 at 11:47 AM, Kalopsia said:

20240815_205135.jpg

20240815_220228.jpg

Sorry to hear about Ed...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys! Any chance any of you have a code for the Ticketmaster last minute tickets? Two of my best mates are traveling to London tomorrow and they’d like to attend this. They have an email with access to the sale, they’re just missing a code. Thanks! 🙂

I went Saturday and was in the "cheap seats" but happy enough that I could see the runway and even more pleased I did not have to sell a kidney to get the tickets. £120.15 for a pair of Swift tickets is not so bad even with a obstructured view. The photo is of Suki Waterhouse.

I am a bit of a casual fan and it was Folklore that got me listening to her but obviously already knew some of the big pop songs. This was so different to most live gigs I go to and so loved the theatrics/show style of it. 

I thought the Swifties are a lovely bunch even if a few were a little scary. It was a little unsettling to hear and watch a few fans scream the lyrics to some of the songs with so much vile and passion almost as if they hated the songs or maybe the person they associate with them. Those Swiftie Ultras are a bit sccary and i pity the fool who dares critise Taylor.

All in all a great day out and so glad I took the opportunity to get tickets when I got the code the other day. My only critisim is she could have had more Folklore/Evermore in the set.

If you are reading this and are a Swifty Ultra who screams every lyric with all the pent up hatred of every partner who has ever wronged you, Taylor got the set list right and there is no need to add anymore Foklore Evermore Tracks.

image.thumb.jpeg.31f9e6c85396526ee7b4c390b15d8c6d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

If you are reading this and are a Swifty Ultra who screams every lyric with all the pent up hatred of every partner who has ever wronged you, Taylor got the set list right and there is no need to add anymore Foklore Evermore Tracks.

Except The Last Great American Dynasty.

Crying shame that got cut when the show was rejigged for 2024.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Except The Last Great American Dynasty.

Crying shame that got cut when the show was rejigged for 2024.

Obviously, I would have loved that but dont want the real scary ultras adding my name to the list 🙂

After reading reviews from friends who’d been I really wanted to go.. in the end I didn’t see any tickets come up on twickets for the dates I could do.  I’m quite sad not to have seen it given how legendary everyone says it is.   It does sound like something quite special.  Will give the show a rewatch on Disney plus instead and have a little cry 😭 

On 8/19/2024 at 6:07 PM, Dales said:

All in all a great day out and so glad I took the opportunity to get tickets when I got the code the other day. My only critisim is she could have had more Folklore/Evermore in the set.

I think that Folkmore was the main casualty of The Tortured Poets Department being added as a further era. Although personally I was more gutted about Long Live and The Archer dropping out of the setlist. That said, I thought the TTPD era worked really well, and really elevated some of those songs in my estimation.

2 hours ago, stuartasmith85 said:

I think that Folkmore was the main casualty of The Tortured Poets Department being added as a further era. Although personally I was more gutted about Long Live and The Archer dropping out of the setlist. That said, I thought the TTPD era worked really well, and really elevated some of those songs in my estimation.

Yeah, when i look at the older set lists, they clipped a fair few tracks across the Folklore & Evermore sets before they merged them in to one era.

Shame about The Archer, that seemed an odd one to chop but I guess the commercial pressure to push the new stuff must be huge. She was always going to dissapoint someone with the choices over what to chop.

On 8/17/2024 at 11:00 AM, fred quimby said:

I'd mock but I still have a bag full of red & silver foil confetti from two Killers gigs I saw in 2012/13 and a large pile of pink streamers from a Foals show five years ago. So fill yer boots.