Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

It looks like they’re carving it up so only one date per city will be on sale at a time - so one day it’ll be one of the Cardiff dates and one of the London dates, and you’ll have a code for a city on with TM or AXS but not a date. Once your code is spent you’re done, so everyone has multiple chances until they succeed. That was my read anyway

Wait let me re read it again, that might not be right

That’s what I thought too, but wasn’t sure with the staggered times how that work work. Everybody will have 3 chances essentially.

Liverpool Saturday 15th for example is the date I want .. but I can’t really put all eggs in that basket can I? So will have to start with the Thursday and work my way down?

Just now, st dan said:

That’s what I thought too, but wasn’t sure with the staggered times how that work work. Everybody will have 3 chances essentially.

Liverpool Saturday 15th for example is the date I want .. but I can’t really put all eggs in that basket can I? So will have to start with the Thursday and work my way down?

And some days have two London dates - but weeks apart (ie one June date, one August date on the same day)

Just now, JayDiesel said:

As someone with next to no interest in Taylor Swift, this insane ticket logistical process is absolutely hilarious. Why can't they just release the tickets like everyone else?

Cause their servers will crumble with the sheer volume of traffic if they left it to a regular ticket sale.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

This doesn't make sense to me seeing as the email sent out saying 'you'll find out on the 14th of July if you've been selected' when the presale is before that date?

That selection bit is for the Verified sale. The midnights presales are the ones next week and there’s no ‘selection’ for that, you either registered or you didn’t 

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

As someone with next to no interest in Taylor Swift, this insane ticket logistical process is absolutely hilarious. Why can't they just release the tickets like everyone else?

To reduce touting.

e: and as @Tartan_Glasto says, the different on-sale days/times are to stop the whole site grinding to a halt.

Having some people given codes to buy, and others on a waitlist, helps with both too.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

Cause their servers will crumble with the sheer volume of traffic if they left it to a regular ticket sale.

Also after the congressional inquiries into the US sale, the corporate overlords over there know that there’s going to be a lot of interest over there in how these sales go - have they learned any lessons etc?

2 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Because (in the context of the UK), this tour will have (substantially) more people trying for tickets than any in recent memory. Way more than a Glastonbury ticket sale, and they'll be looking to sell over a million tickets in a short space of time.

2 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

They did a standard presale  in the States and it broke twitter and Ticketmaster for the full day, to the point they had to apologise and cancel the proper 'sale' as there wasn't enough tickets after the presale. 
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/11/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-presale-concert-tickets/672181/

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

That selection bit is for the Verified sale. The midnights presales are the ones next week and there’s no ‘selection’ for that, you either registered or you didn’t 

Right, so even though I'm on the verified sale list there's gonna be hardly any tickets left after the Midnights presale.

Fantastic... 😞 

So the emails that have just gone out are for the verified sale for which you had to register for specific venues?

Codes and emails for pre-ordering Midnights are coming by the weekend in time for the sales next week? And these codes can be used for any venue?

5 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Do you want the ticket buying process to take you an entire day? Thats what happened back in November last year. Theyre trying to spread the dales out and not kill the website.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

To reduce touting.

e: and as @Tartan_Glasto says, the different on-sale days/times are to stop the whole site grinding to a halt.

Having some people given codes to buy, and others on a waitlist, helps with both too.

Touting is gonna be worse. Get ready for the prices that are already happening in north america.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Right, so even though I'm on the verified sale list there's gonna be hardly any tickets left after the Midnights presale.

Fantastic... 😞 

Would imagine there’ll be plenty locked out of the Midnights sale. They wouldn’t go through all this faff without holding back a good chunk of the stadiums. 

Just now, Andeeroo said:

So the emails that have just gone out are for the verified sale for which you had to register for specific venues?

Codes and emails for pre-ordering Midnights are coming by the weekend in time for the sales next week? And these codes can be used for any venue?

Some people are getting a similar email about the Midnights sale. But yes, no codes for that part yet. 

Just now, JayDiesel said:

Thanks to everyone for replying, didn't actually think of things like that, was unaware Ticketmaster had the capability to actually make useful changes!

They just dont want to violate more anti trust laws than they have already. If they botched this then the EU could force their hand and break the company up along with the u.s government.

fyi, the demand is artificially inflated anyway. Because everyone got their mum and dad and cousin and aunt and uncle to sign up to get a code. And i wont be shocked if codes get put up for sale within the next few days. Even the midnights presales one i bet will get sold on the secondary market.

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Anyone got a midnights presale email from ticketmaster? Hearing it’s just the axs ones that have gone out 

Not from Ticketmaster, I've just had one from UMG.

Confirms the changed on sale dates, and that a code will be sent "between 10am Thu and 10am Fri".

Only just caught but 1. Thank god she’s out of the Glastonbury conversation early on, as much as I would’ve liked to have seen Swifties flip out when she wasn’t on the lineup, and 2. Paramore supporting? f**k yeah. Honestly wasn’t expecting her to bring them along and thought we’d be getting something decidedly underwhelming instead. Also makes the price a hell of a lot worth it for me.

13 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

in the UK or Ireland yes

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Only just caught but 1. Thank god she’s out of the Glastonbury conversation early on, as much as I would’ve liked to have seen Swifties flip out when she wasn’t on the lineup, and 2. Paramore supporting? f**k yeah. Honestly wasn’t expecting her to bring them along and thought we’d be getting something decidedly underwhelming instead. Also makes the price a hell of a lot worth it for me.

Well she was going to stick to a female artist and there likely can be one more support added later on unless what she is doing on the current leg just for north america with 2 acts a night is just for here.