Taylor swift

brettredmayne

I really like Evermore but I don’t think there’s anything on there that desperately needs to be played on her next tour. My favourite songs on there are the Bon Iver and The National features but they’re not exactly essential cuts for a live set. Bringing Justin Vernon on for a Pyramid headliner set didn’t exactly go too well last time either.

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think Evermore is a great record. Could have been a tighter record, but there’s some really top tier tracks on there. Hard to follow up one of the greatest records of all time, but as a Folklore 1.5 it’s still a great album.

Wow, talk about hyperbole.

I'd be shocked if it's in the top 1000 records of all time.

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I really like Evermore but I don’t think there’s anything on there that desperately needs to be played on her next tour. My favourite songs on there are the Bon Iver and The National features but they’re not exactly essential cuts for a live set. Bringing Justin Vernon on for a Pyramid headliner set didn’t exactly go too well last time either.

Yeah I think I largely agree. When you’re condensing such a massive back catalogue to 24 or so songs it’s hard to see much from it making the cut. I think Willow gets played either on its own or part of a medley but that’s all I’d expect.

Id personally love to see Gold Rush, Tis the Damn Season and Long Story Short. If you’re making a Folklore/Evermore super mix, those two tracks definitely make the cut for me but I think there’s next to chance they get aired on this tour.

I do think Justin would blow the roof off the pointy one if he came out for Exile though. I suspect most Taylor fans have that near the top of their setlist wishes for the tour. Whereas not sure Woods featured high on the Kanye fan wish list…

Edited by jparx

My issue with Evermore is that other than 1-2 songs I prefer pretty much every song on Folklore and as an album I prefer Folklore. So when I'm choosing what to listen to I always put Folklore on.

I think if we get a greatest hits we'll get a 3 (the trilogy as a melody/Then Justin comes out) from Folklore and maybe 1 from Evermore. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Do we even know what type of album its gonna be? Pop focused? Alternative/folk? 

Guardian feature suggests pop - but not based on very much:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/oct/14/taylor-swift-celebrate-album-release-midnights-pop-acclaim?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Snapes has interviewed Swizzle at home before so *may* have some inside intel. But who knows...

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Guardian feature suggests pop - but not based on very much:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/oct/14/taylor-swift-celebrate-album-release-midnights-pop-acclaim?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Snapes has interviewed Swizzle at home before so *may* have some inside intel. But who knows...

If she can manage a banger of an album like 1989, after bridging the indie gap and the people who got into her because of Folklore come along, its gonna do numbers.