Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Taylor’s team are mad smart. They have been securing venues for a long time under a code name / project name. People associated were scratching their heads to who it could be, but if you’re following her at the moment you can probably guess what that codename was.

But months ago people didn’t have a clue.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Taylor’s team are mad smart. They have been securing venues for a long time under a code name / project name. People associated were scratching their heads to who it could be, but if you’re following her at the moment you can probably guess what that codename was.

But months ago people didn’t have a clue.

100% Emily had her booked at the time of that interview and was being coy about it. No way she’d say “we’ll have her when she tours”, then a couple months later a tour is announced and she’s playing shows elsewhere that weekend.

It’s onnnnn.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

100% Emily had her booked at the time of that interview and was being coy about it. No way she’d say “we’ll have her when she tours”, then a couple months later a tour is announced and she’s playing shows elsewhere that weekend.

It’s onnnnn.

Her team are very good at keeping things quiet. They go to extreme (and probably downright crazy) lengths..

3 hours ago, jparx said:

That’s the set closer for me. End the main set with Shake it Off, then end the encore with this. Perfection!

This snl performance is so good. I must have watched it 50 times now. The facial expressions! The leaves! The hair flicks! The drama! 

To scream “you get older but your lovers stay. My. Age” at Glastonbury… I’m not sure I’d survive. 

My legs already feel like jelly at the prospect of ticket day 😣😣 I'd never been more excited by a headliner announcement than when we got Taylor for 2020, or more gutted when she didn't come back for '22 (genuinely, couldn't listen to her for a few months). 

This is all too exciting/anxiety provoking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

And this is why indie labels and artist are shifting away from vinyl. Always remember when you see these kinds of numbers that it affects smaller acts even more than you realize. The funny thing is youll end up seeing these in a bargain bin in a year for half the cost. 

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And this is why indie labels and artist are shifting away from vinyl. Always remember when you see these kinds of numbers that it affects smaller acts even more than you realize. The funny thing is youll end up seeing these in a bargain bin in a year for half the cost. 

Man, sometimes you really talk out your arse. Can you even get some Taylor Swift vinyls? I thought they were out of stock and going for extortionate rates second hand?

• Upvote 1

What is the general demographic at a Taylor Swift gig? Would it be 90% screaming teenage girls?

I am 38 and would want to take my 5 year old to his first gig, but I couldn't deal with it if was the classic screaming teenagers situation. 

Ideally I just get a Glastonbury ticket so I don't have to use my son as an excuse to go an see Taylor... 😉

12 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

What is the general demographic at a Taylor Swift gig? Would it be 90% screaming teenage girls?

I am 38 and would want to take my 5 year old to his first gig, but I couldn't deal with it if was the classic screaming teenagers situation. 

Ideally I just get a Glastonbury ticket so I don't have to use my son as an excuse to go an see Taylor... 😉

To be honest I’m not sure we know anymore. She’s not toured since 2018, and released a few very different records in the meantime. It’ll be interesting to see how broad the demo has become as a result.

Edited by jparx

6 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Having seen her 7 times (3 tours, 3 Jingle Bell Balls and one summertime ball) I can say that it was 90% screaming teenage girls for the 4 non tour shows. However for the tours, it's still quite high but I'd say it's more down to around 60-65%.

That may have changed though as it's been so long since she's toured.

• Like 1

When I (35) went to see her at the reputation tour, I was sitting next to a couple who were in their 60s (who were wearing cat print T-shirts) and some teenagers on the other side. I think the new albums will widen the demographic even more so…. 🤷‍♀️

However, although not a teenager, I was screaming and sobbing like a teenage girl 

Edited by GeezLouise

33 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I think the demographic has broadened the more Taylor has developed as an artist. Taking those younger fans from the early tours who have now grown up with her and then people like myself (in my 50s now) who belatedly crashed the party once we discovered a little of our own story in her songs.

The youngsters are still there but the older demographic is growing, I have many friends who are 40+ who are huge Taylor fans.

Following on from my previous 

28 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

Having seen her 7 times (3 tours, 3 Jingle Bell Balls and one summertime ball) I can say that it was 90% screaming teenage girls for the 4 non tour shows. However for the tours, it's still quite high but I'd say it's more down to around 60-65%.

That may have changed though as it's been so long since she's toured.

Following on from this, it did seem as though there were less screaming teenagers as each tour went by.