Arcardia at the blood world cup

zahidf

I can't imagine after the issues with Pangea that that team are on the best of terms with the festival anyway. That's not to knock them, it was a crazy creative endeavour and these things don't always work out. But from a festival perspective they didn't really deliver. May be the Arcadia team already see the writing on the wall. I can't imagine they went into the World Cup thing not knowing that this could strain the Glastonbury relationship. 

21 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I can't imagine after the issues with Pangea that that team are on the best of terms with the festival anyway. That's not to knock them, it was a crazy creative endeavour and these things don't always work out. But from a festival perspective they didn't really deliver. May be the Arcadia team already see the writing on the wall. I can't imagine they went into the World Cup thing not knowing that this could strain the Glastonbury relationship. 

You think? They got a bigger field than ever this year and got Calvin who could have been on one of the main stages and also Chems decided to play it who are directly linked to Emily. Feel like they were just fine until now

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

You think? They got a bigger field than ever this year and got Calvin who could have been on one of the main stages and also Chems decided to play it who are directly linked to Emily. Feel like they were just fine until now

agree I also think the festival don't have an issue with Arcadia, just the promotors of the event.

As part of hosting the world cup / olympic games they make the host pass loads of law around trademarks and gorilla marketing.  but here is an event for the world cup making a living of another events trademark.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

It may be down to my social media echo chamber, but over the last 48 hours the issue of the ethics of Arcadia deciding to go to the world Cup has blown up in quite a spectacular fashion. 

Amongst festival people? Not much on twitter but I expect it will kick off soon! 

Looks like Glastonbury might have wanted to be disassociated, comparing these tweets: 

37 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Nina Kraviz was kicked out for less 😄

BURN THE SPIDER

(the sound is pretty shit anyway)

Yeah I was a bit upset the festival/Arcadia/whoever removed Kraviz from the lineup over not even stuff she said but stuff she *didn’t* say (aka: she didn’t strongly condemn Putin/Russia) and basically gossip about her political opinions. For Arcadia people to then turn around and do this (and assuming they will still be hosted at Glastonbury) is just offensively hypocritical. 

How hard was it to turn down the offer of likely not paying to ship the thing back and forth, then being paid for everything else along with it just for being there. Glastonbury was going to offer them double to keep it from going to Qatar so they could keep their morals? Likely not. They made a business decision and thats all it is. We have to live with it regardless. What pressure do you think they had when it came to Nina anyway. That was happening at the festival so you def can imagine the eavii had a thought or 2 about it. When was Glasto the sole keeper of the spider anyway. They dont own the damn thing. Arcadia probably didnt like to have to make this choice, but if its either take the qatar money or not being able to make it to next year, theyre going with survival.

Surprised having a member of BTS performing didnt spark more out rage in their fanbase and such. 

how many people here are even boycotting the whole tournament anyway. Cause if youre not then what can you say about the spider being there and youre tuning into every match.

Edited by Suprefan

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

How hard was it to turn down the offer of likely not paying to ship the thing back and forth, then being paid for everything else along with it just for being there. Glastonbury was going to offer them double to keep it from going to Qatar so they could keep their morals? Likely not. They made a business decision and thats all it is. We have to live with it regardless. What pressure do you think they had when it came to Nina anyway. That was happening at the festival so you def can imagine the eavii had a thought or 2 about it. When was Glasto the sole keeper of the spider anyway. They dont own the damn thing. Arcadia probably didnt like to have to make this choice, but if its either take the qatar money or not being able to make it to next year, theyre going with survival.

Surprised having a member of BTS performing didnt spark more out rage in their fanbase and such. 

how many people here are even boycotting the whole tournament anyway. Cause if youre not then what can you say about the spider being there and youre tuning into every match.

They don’t own it, but Glastonbury give them a budget to develop stuff and an environment to test it out and let it evolve without commercial pressure. Without Glastonbury the spider would not exist.

49 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

They don’t own it, but Glastonbury give them a budget to develop stuff and an environment to test it out and let it evolve without commercial pressure. Without Glastonbury the spider would not exist.

Nail on the head there. 

From the inception I've heard that GFL bankrolled it's development.

The first year that Arcadia had The Afterburner in the SE corner GFL, along with everyone else including me, were completely blown away. As I understand it, Pip Rush then worked with the festival to develop it. I could be wrong though. 

If it is the case, then although the festival don't own it nor have any say in its direction now, the festival is inextricably linked to it. 

The festival, as far as I'm aware, has not made any statement regarding it being at the World Cup but I can imagine what they are thinking. There are few large events that have a policy more ethically sound than Glastonbury. 

As to the future of Arcadia at the festival, there's probably a contract in force covering the next year or five. 

I know many people involved in the festival circuit and from what I've heard Arcadia may not be flavour of the month now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Yeah but they gave them the freedom to take it places in the end. Dont think they made a non compete clause be in there.  It cant just be a one weekend a year thing. As mentioned above if there is a contract that has them locked in for a period of time then theyll have to live with this. I mean in the end anyone who is attending next year can just protest by not showing up. But will there be enough awareness to make a move like that and show them that theyll just have an empty  field?