Green Man sells out in record time - what does this mean for November Glasto ticket sale?

billum

Yep, can’t see it being any easier or demand reduced. 

Arctic monkeys had a queue on SeeTickets for about 45 minutes earlier this morning; and have shifted tens of thousands of tickets at £85 a pop. Other gigs are selling out in seconds (Fred Again last week being a good example).

We’ve got our biggest group trying for tickets this year and I know more people signed up to try than ever before. I think with the £50 deposit  it will mean everyone will try as normal - it will be when the balance is due and the real cost of living has hit next year that I think things will change. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thats the same every year though .... now we have people being priced out added in .... absolutely no chance of demand being higher 

Yeah that’s the thing - Green Man normally takes weeks to sell out, but today the demand was definitely higher with it selling out in hours

There may actually be an increase in demand for domestic festivals next year, this summers weather was exceptionally good, virtually no rain at any of the festivals I went to, if people are strapped for cash this year they may well opt for a local festival rather than an expensive summer holiday in order to save money.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thats the same every year though .... now we have people being priced out added in .... absolutely no chance of demand being higher 

I'm not sure... it was a good year for the festival - it looked glorious on the tele.  This will be fresh in peoples minds.  I know a massive group of lads from the gym who've never been before but are all registered and primed after seeing it on TV and hearing our stories! 

Others might choose a festival instead of doing a friends holiday abroad. 

There are too many variables. 

There are also sections of society that won't be affected by the current financial situation - for example, those living with parents won't be seeing much difference in their disposable income.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

not so sure ... despite being outnumbered a bit here ill stick to my Guns on this ..... will never find out though unless it doesnt sell out 🙂 

We will have a rough idea of overall demand from the results on here, if most or all of the regulars get tickets we can assume demand isn't exceptionally high, if a lot of us fail that would suggest a higher demand from the general public.

Just now, gizmoman said:

We will have a rough idea of overall demand from the results on here, if most or all of the regulars get tickets we can assume demand isn't exceptionally high, if a lot of us fail that would suggest a higher demand from the general public.

most of the regulars id say get them as they probably are better prepared than the casual attendee .... but not long till we find out .... good luck to all  🙂

Think there's still a lot of hungry people out there who want to get out again after the pandemic, esp to Glastonbury. Think of all the people who missed out last year - I'm sure a lot are chomping at the bit to get tickets.

Including this guy!

Anyway, yeah, I get what people are saying about if less people try then you have a higher chance of getting through, but when demand outstrips supply - which Glasto will prove in Nov, then it'll still require a lot of F5ing. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

most of the regulars id say get them as they probably are better prepared than the casual attendee .... but not long till we find out .... good luck to all  🙂

That wasn’t the case last time… lots of regulars were ticketless! Including your good self 😀

I do think it means that a great deal more people are preferring the smaller events. If a festival gets it right, and maintains a standard, people are very brand loyal. There are a few out there in a similar vein, End of the Road and Beautiful Days being cases in point.

But in terms of Glastonbury, absolutely nothing whatsoever is going to change the fact that, as has been the case for a decade, tickets are going to be extremely difficult to get. Be under no illusions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Most are successful eventually, but may have to try again in the resale, if most get a ticket in the original sale that would support your view of less demand, as you say, we will soon know one way or the other. Of course the price may well have a big influence once announced, if it is say £350 or thereabouts (and I wouldn't be surprised at that) that will dampen demand.

1 minute ago, billum said:

It seems GM sold out in three days, following a pattern of getting more popular every year, so maybe today’s sellout is just part of their trend and doesn’t say too much about Glasto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58562144

yeah that demand just gets pushed earier because people knew when it sold out previously .... not necessarily because of increased demand .... although that might well be the case as GM seemed to get very good reviews 

10 minutes ago, billum said:

It seems GM sold out in three days, following a pattern of getting more popular every year, so maybe today’s sellout is just part of their trend and doesn’t say too much about Glasto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58562144

Lots of people had tickets rollled over from previous years though, so selling out in one day is a big step up

As for Glasto demand 

Last time out our syndicate was 18, with 15 of us getting in one way or another

This time out we're 42 people.... We'll soon see the comparitatve success rate

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

My feeling is that October (well, November) will be as busy as ever, but there'll be more in the resale pot come April.

Yeah....cost of living crisis only starting to bite and it's easy enough to put £50 deposit down, another all together to pay off the rest which may end up being £300+. I don't think we'll see the effect of CoL on tickets until payment week. 

12 minutes ago, Scrump said:

I've had a quick skim through this thread.... Did I imagine it or did someone call people a "lame-o" for not going to GM That actually was something someone thought... then typed...then pressed submit?

Sincerely,

A lame-o

Not only that, but they both opened AND closed the sentence with "tbf" - like a modern day Jim McDonald

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Ticketline's inadequate website seemed to be the main obstacle to buying Green Man tickets, while Glasto has many hurdles to combat touting. You can buy 20 tickets per order for Green Man - I wonder how many are going to be sold on?  I suspect this morning's scramble wasn't all just desperate festival-goers.

Festival tickets don't really get resold i think unless its like AM at reading or something. not on nearly the same scale as standard gigs.

no doubt it will be under rrp come next summer like all fests are

Can see why it sold out as a first time visitor this year. Superbly run and well organised  festival. Reminded me of  how the Park area used to  be without the crushes ques and litter all over. Abliet in a larger scale.  Stunning surroundings as well 

• Upvote 2