2024 Festival

Chad888

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You’re really boring. You’re destroying what’s left of this part of forum like you have in the past by incessantly repeating the same, tired statements day in day out. 

While you’re trying to make out all is great, while we have zero bands to watch

You’ve not even been in 3-4 years have you?  

Go on then let’s hype it it up, who’s everyone going to see?

Oh no one really there’s barely anyone playing…

Unless we complain nothing will change, they will just continue to rip us off

No need to worry though, if this is indeed it, there’s no chance I’ll be back again

18 minutes ago, Benj said:

Those Extra acts and stages promised never came

Well as much as I dont like it, they have added the Aux stage. As well as adding introducing so they have done exactly what they said they would. Maybe not to the extend I, or others would want, but it is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

While you’re trying to make out all is great, while we have zero bands to watch

You’ve not even been in 3-4 years have you?  

Go on then let’s hype it it up, who’s everyone going to see?

Oh no one really there’s barely anyone playing…

Unless we complain nothing will change, they will just continue to rip us off

No need to worry though, if this is indeed it, there’s no chance I’ll be back again

Last year is the only time I haven’t been since 2010. 

No bands playing? Get a grip. Look at the poster. You’re being obtuse and hyperbolic for the sake of it. 

I’m happy to pay what I’ve paid this year, I don’t feel ripped off. 

It’s not going anywhere. It’ll be fine come August and just as busy as any normal year.  2021 and 2022 weren’t normal years. 

You pissing and moaning about the same things every single week isn’t going to change anything. 

5 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Well as much as I dont like it, they have added the Aux stage. As well as adding introducing so they have done exactly what they said they would. Maybe not to the extend I, or others would want, but it is what it is.

Fair enough, I’m guessing Aux is just the new name for the Alternative stage, so expected but at least not another cut

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Last year is the only time I haven’t been since 2010. 

No bands playing? Get a grip. Look at the poster. You’re being obtuse and hyperbolic for the sake of it. 

I’m happy to pay what I’ve paid this year, I don’t feel ripped off. 

It’s not going anywhere. It’ll be fine come August and just as busy as any normal year.  2021 and 2022 weren’t normal years. 

You pissing and moaning about the same things every single week isn’t going to change anything. 

Good for you.

Many aren’t and were not gonna shut up so you can have you’re cliquey little circle jerks about band you like while taking the piss out of people who like bands you don’t like.

You can have still have your little conversations. Oh hang on, the rest of the clique have f**ked off to go somewhere good it seems

As things stand

2024 has 34 acts a day scheduled over the 4 stages (based on Friday count only)

2023 had 47 acts a day over 5 stages (based on Friday count only)

2019 had 60 acts a day over 6 stages (based on Friday count only)

Seriously, are people not going to call out a nearly half as many acts being booked as 5 years ago?

It is deffo fair for an individual to say the particular line up is still good value for them, at the same time they should be able to see why others think its amazingly weak compared to previous years, even last year...

To add a positive post. Saw Bleachers tonight, absolutely brilliant.

It's a shame they'll get a relatively short set, it wont be short of sing along bangers though, great sound and spectacle

9 hours ago, Benj said:

Good for you.

Many aren’t and were not gonna shut up so you can have you’re cliquey little circle jerks about band you like while taking the piss out of people who like bands you don’t like.

You can have still have your little conversations. Oh hang on, the rest of the clique have f**ked off to go somewhere good it seems

You sound mental. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You sound mental. 

Says the man hoping for a return to the old discourse, not realising the actual reason why it’s died. 

I’m sorry that all the bros who used to like this kind of reply have f**ked off elsewhere. Even that properly mad one, madder than Chad.

At some point you’ll realise why they’ve actually gone, why the conversation has died and make the actual connection…

Its only you and me still going at this stage

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

See you down the front for Reading 2031?

Oh aye, will no doubt still be dumb enough to get a ticket on line up release day!

On 6/10/2024 at 11:14 PM, Benj said:

As things stand

2024 has 34 acts a day scheduled over the 4 stages (based on Friday count only)

2023 had 47 acts a day over 5 stages (based on Friday count only)

2019 had 60 acts a day over 6 stages (based on Friday count only)

Seriously, are people not going to call out a nearly half as many acts being booked as 5 years ago?

It is deffo fair for an individual to say the particular line up is still good value for them, at the same time they should be able to see why others think its amazingly weak compared to previous years, even last year...

One thing that is for sure is that Reading isn't close to being worth the cost it is but Download is even worse!

If people pay it, it wont change though. Inflation or not, these festivals are booking multiple same acts that were much better when they were cheaper.

Some people are very bias when it comes to festivalling though.

On 5/28/2024 at 2:56 PM, glastorome said:

Im 42 next week and the strength of the Fred Again day and the new Chevron stage has pulled me back in for a day ticket, first time attending Leeds fest since 2019. 

I have to say, fairplay but at currently £195 for a day ticket it's horrendous! At £125 for a day ticket it was horrendous!, but i do think it's the strongest further the main stage options....forget the other stages that's the new generation of kids which is fine, they like what they like. 

But we are taking about Reading Festival and that a top two of LDR and Fred Again who does have a very high percentage of djing form in his set, Raye and very much a dj on the second stage outselling Blink 182, Gerry Cinnamon, The Prodigy, Liam Gallagher, Catfish, TDCC and 21 Savage at Reading Festival. That rings to me where this festival has gone. They have also booked Pendulum 4th down on the main stage which is absolutely awful spot for them, they were crap in daylight at Download.

Edited by northernangel

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I have to say, fairplay but at currently £195 for a day ticket it's horrendous! At £125 for a day ticket it was horrendous!, but i do think it's the strongest further the main stage options....forget the other stages that's the new generation of kids which is fine, they like what they like. 

But we are taking about Reading Festival and that a top two of LDR and Fred Again who does have a very high percentage of djing form in his set, Raye and very much a dj on the second stage outselling Blink 182, Gerry Cinnamon, The Prodigy, Liam Gallagher, Catfish, TDCC and 21 Savage at Reading Festival. That rings to me where this festival has gone. They have also booked Pendulum 4th down on the main stage which is absolutely awful spot for them, they were crap in daylight at Download.

Don’t forget that Fred and Lana are pretty exclusive, while the others have toured / are touring a fair bit.

Gallagher has a huge number of dates around Reading/ Leeds, inc 3 nights/ 60,000 tickets in London and 4 nights, getting on for 100,000, in Manchester.

Blink did 40,000 in London and Manchester a piece last year.

Catfish have sold 20,000 tickets in Cardiff, 32,000 in Liverpool

Paying more money and then having to get to and then stand in a field (whatever the weather), GA with 60,000+ others, just can’t compete.

You could see Blink and Liam in Manchester for £150, or pay similar and have to get to/ from Branham park and risk rain/ mud. 

Fair play to Liam for still seemingly shifting a load of tickets in Leeds, obv huge demand for him up there, despite a load of touring the last couple of years too.

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

Don’t forget that Fred and Lana are pretty exclusive, while the others have toured / are touring a fair bit.

Gallagher has a huge number of dates around Reading/ Leeds, inc 3 nights/ 60,000 tickets in London and 4 nights, getting on for 100,000, in Manchester.

Blink did 40,000 in London and Manchester a piece last year.

Catfish have sold 20,000 tickets in Cardiff, 32,000 in Liverpool

Paying more money and then having to get to and then stand in a field (whatever the weather), GA with 60,000+ others, just can’t compete.

You could see Blink and Liam in Manchester for £150, or pay similar and have to get to/ from Branham park and risk rain/ mud. 

Fair play to Liam for still seemingly shifting a load of tickets in Leeds, obv huge demand for him up there, despite a load of touring the last couple of years too.

In fairness Lana is always a bit of a rarer booking anyway, she's not a constantly touring person. She probably knows her market and if she toured every other year like many her interest would stale.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

In fairness Lana is always a bit of a rarer booking anyway, she's not a constantly touring person. She probably knows her market and if she toured every other year like many her interest would stale.

Deffo. Its why festivals are always so keen to point out “UK exclusive” etc…

If Fred and Lana had done 80,000 London and Manchester tickets this year, their Reading/ Leeds dates would not have sold so well

Whats interesting for ‘24 is that they seemingly have not help moved the dial much on the weekend tickets, which still sit at tier one at both sites.

Just now, Benj said:

Deffo. Its why festivals are always so keen to point out “UK exclusive” etc…

If Fred and Lana had done 80,000 London and Manchester tickets this year, their Reading/ Leeds dates would not have sold so well

Whats interesting for ‘24 is that they seemingly have not help moved the dial much on the weekend tickets, which still sit at tier one at both sites.

That's because beyond the main stage, the lineup is shite except for The Prodigy lol.

Set times are out already! My weekend looks like this: 

FRIDAY: Alfie Templeman > Destroy Boys > Pendulum > 21 Savage > Catfish and The Bottlemen > Liam Gallagher / Skrillex (half and half) 

SATURDAY: Kneecap > The K’s > Neck Deep > Spiritbox > Two Door Cinema Club > Denzel Curry > Neck Deep > Blink-182 

SUNDAY: The Last Dinner Party > Bleachers > Militarie Gun > Fontaines D.C. > Lana Del Rey > Fred again.. 

I’ve got a fair fee gaps so I’ll wander round different stages and check things out. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Bring back the clashes! Bring back the choice!

No, not like that! 

The one day to make the first and second stage not clash would have been the Blink day. 

Tells you a lot about where Leeds is going when the only day there isn't a top two mainstage clash is where it's a DJ closing the set before another DJ.

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

Heres a act/stage breakdown as it stands

Main stage

Friday- 9

Saturday - 9

Sunday- 9

Chevron

Friday- 8

Saturday- 8

Sunday- 7

R1

Friday- 9

Saturday- 10

Sunday- 9

FR

Friday- 9

Saturday- 11

Sunday- 11

Great that the main stage is up to 9. Assume they’ll add a couple more to the Chevron too 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Set times are out already! My weekend looks like this: 

FRIDAY: Alfie Templeman > Destroy Boys > Pendulum > 21 Savage > Catfish and The Bottlemen > Liam Gallagher / Skrillex (half and half) 

SATURDAY: Kneecap > The K’s > Neck Deep > Spiritbox > Two Door Cinema Club > Denzel Curry > Neck Deep > Blink-182 

SUNDAY: The Last Dinner Party > Bleachers > Militarie Gun > Fontaines D.C. > Lana Del Rey > Fred again.. 

I’ve got a fair fee gaps so I’ll wander round different stages and check things out. 

Looks like a gap on Friday (Leeds) Festival Republic Stage between Paris and Kingfishr.

Then Saturday and Sunday Leeds on BBC Introducing Stages between 5 and 6pm