2024 Festival

Chad888

So looking at something - Melvin has stated that Chevron is 40k Capacity. Leeds Capacity is 75k + Day tickets (correct me if I am wrong please) - so having a headliner with only just a higher or amount or potentially even less in terms of crowd numbers seems odd to me? say 40k show up for Prodigy, and then less for Blink, all just seems abit odd? 

42 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

So looking at something - Melvin has stated that Chevron is 40k Capacity. Leeds Capacity is 75k + Day tickets (correct me if I am wrong please) - so having a headliner with only just a higher or amount or potentially even less in terms of crowd numbers seems odd to me? say 40k show up for Prodigy, and then less for Blink, all just seems abit odd? 

Leeds daily capacity is ~80,000 according to the interenet. Can't see the day/ camping breakdown listed anywhere though, I'd have thought it was way more than 5,000 though.

If sales are like last year, there will be way less than 40,000 in front of each stage...

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, Benj said:

They’ve kind of shot themselves in the foot having a large dance stage as the second stage as there’s a limited number of acts they can book in that slot.

Although it’s a scene I know nothing about really. Who’s Prodigy/ Skrillex type size who could have played there?

Disclosure?

Chemical Bros?

David Guetta 

Steve Aoki

(are those two way too big?)

chainsmokers?

I’ve got no idea.  It almost feels like they’ve just put it in place for the after hours stuff, although Leeds didn’t really need it. 

It will be v interesting to see how it goes down overall

Probably none of these

Get in chase and status, bicep kind of size acts

There really aren't many options though that are suitable. Chems have the same issue as prodigy - ie both older acts, while disclosure might be too big

and then even if you get disclosure, who does it next year. flume perhaps, major lazer?

your right with what i bolded though its a weird one - gcse crowd only really know the most accessible dance acts who are generally too expensive, or smaller ones that just won't be impressive and are too niche for many to care about. Not sure Bicep is exactly who the GCSE lot want for example, a levels and uni more so but its difficult

They should just stick rappers on it against an act like Blink tbh

Edited by gfa

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Probably none of these

Get in chase and status, bicep kind of size acts

There really aren't many options though that are suitable. Chems have the same issue as prodigy - ie both older acts, while disclosure might be too big

and then even if you get disclosure, who does it next year. flume perhaps, major lazer?

your right with what i bolded though its a weird one - gcse crowd only really know the most accessible dance acts who are generally too expensive, or smaller ones that just won't be impressive and are too niche for many to care about. Not sure Bicep is exactly who the GCSE lot want for example, a levels and uni more so but its difficult

They should just stick rappers on it against an act like Blink tbh

Yup, it’s not even like they need a BIG act, just a decent alternative to what’s programmed.

I think Prodigy do do this well but given the weakness elsewhere on the line up, can appreciate why people are pissed off they clash

A rapper wouldve been a good option against Fred too.

They don’t need to be a massive act, just provide another option, even if they only attract 1-2,000 or so. Give people something to see