2024 Festival

Chad888

So looking at something - Melvin has stated that Chevron is 40k Capacity. Leeds Capacity is 75k + Day tickets (correct me if I am wrong please) - so having a headliner with only just a higher or amount or potentially even less in terms of crowd numbers seems odd to me? say 40k show up for Prodigy, and then less for Blink, all just seems abit odd? 

42 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

So looking at something - Melvin has stated that Chevron is 40k Capacity. Leeds Capacity is 75k + Day tickets (correct me if I am wrong please) - so having a headliner with only just a higher or amount or potentially even less in terms of crowd numbers seems odd to me? say 40k show up for Prodigy, and then less for Blink, all just seems abit odd? 

Leeds daily capacity is ~80,000 according to the interenet. Can't see the day/ camping breakdown listed anywhere though, I'd have thought it was way more than 5,000 though.

If sales are like last year, there will be way less than 40,000 in front of each stage...

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, Benj said:

They’ve kind of shot themselves in the foot having a large dance stage as the second stage as there’s a limited number of acts they can book in that slot.

Although it’s a scene I know nothing about really. Who’s Prodigy/ Skrillex type size who could have played there?

Disclosure?

Chemical Bros?

David Guetta 

Steve Aoki

(are those two way too big?)

chainsmokers?

I’ve got no idea.  It almost feels like they’ve just put it in place for the after hours stuff, although Leeds didn’t really need it. 

It will be v interesting to see how it goes down overall

Probably none of these

Get in chase and status, bicep kind of size acts

There really aren't many options though that are suitable. Chems have the same issue as prodigy - ie both older acts, while disclosure might be too big

and then even if you get disclosure, who does it next year. flume perhaps, major lazer?

your right with what i bolded though its a weird one - gcse crowd only really know the most accessible dance acts who are generally too expensive, or smaller ones that just won't be impressive and are too niche for many to care about. Not sure Bicep is exactly who the GCSE lot want for example, a levels and uni more so but its difficult

They should just stick rappers on it against an act like Blink tbh

Edited by gfa

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Probably none of these

Get in chase and status, bicep kind of size acts

There really aren't many options though that are suitable. Chems have the same issue as prodigy - ie both older acts, while disclosure might be too big

and then even if you get disclosure, who does it next year. flume perhaps, major lazer?

your right with what i bolded though its a weird one - gcse crowd only really know the most accessible dance acts who are generally too expensive, or smaller ones that just won't be impressive and are too niche for many to care about. Not sure Bicep is exactly who the GCSE lot want for example, a levels and uni more so but its difficult

They should just stick rappers on it against an act like Blink tbh

Yup, it’s not even like they need a BIG act, just a decent alternative to what’s programmed.

I think Prodigy do do this well but given the weakness elsewhere on the line up, can appreciate why people are pissed off they clash

A rapper wouldve been a good option against Fred too.

They don’t need to be a massive act, just provide another option, even if they only attract 1-2,000 or so. Give people something to see

• 2 weeks later...

It still chronically highlights the paucity of headline options for people now

If there was no Prodigy clash, EVERYONE is forced to watch Blink 🤣

Hopefully they’ll be a few additions that push people up. The fact that times are out may mean this isn’t going to happen though

This was my Sunday experience in 2022. Was just walking around aimlessly because the choice was 1975 or hybrid minds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good look through the lineup at acts I’m not familiar with and I’ve sorted my weekend plans and the top 10 acts I’m not looking forward to: 

Alfie Templeman > Good Neighbours > Destroy Boys > Pendulum > 21 Savage > Catfish and the Bottlemen > Skrillex 

Frozemode > Kneecap > Lambrini Girls > Neck Deep > Spiritbox > Two Door Cinema Club > Denzel Curry > Neck Deep > Blink-182 

The Last Dinner Party > Yours Truly > Bleachers > Militarie Gun > Fontaines DC > Barry Can’t Swim > Lana Del Rey > Fred again 

1. Fred again.. 

2. Blink-182 

3. Kneecap

4. Militarie Gun 

5. Denzel Curry

6. Alfie Templeman 

7. Spiritbox 

8. Skrillex

9. The Last Dinner Party 

10. Fontaines DC 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Had a good look through the lineup at acts I’m not familiar with and I’ve sorted my weekend plans and the top 10 acts I’m not looking forward to: 

Alfie Templeman > Good Neighbours > Destroy Boys > Pendulum > 21 Savage > Catfish and the Bottlemen > Skrillex 

Frozemode > Kneecap > Lambrini Girls > Neck Deep > Spiritbox > Two Door Cinema Club > Denzel Curry > Neck Deep > Blink-182 

The Last Dinner Party > Yours Truly > Bleachers > Militarie Gun > Fontaines DC > Barry Can’t Swim > Lana Del Rey > Fred again 

1. Fred again.. 

2. Blink-182 

3. Kneecap

4. Militarie Gun 

5. Denzel Curry

6. Alfie Templeman 

7. Spiritbox 

8. Skrillex

9. The Last Dinner Party 

10. Fontaines DC 

No Mannequin Pussy?

thought they’d be right up your strasse

Them clashing with Spiritbox  is seemingly the worst for me

Edited by Benj

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

1. Fred again.. 

2. Blink-182 

3. Kneecap

4. Militarie Gun 

5. Denzel Curry

6. Alfie Templeman 

7. Spiritbox 

8. Skrillex

9. The Last Dinner Party 

10. Fontaines DC 

Just got a day ticket for the Friday.

Bad Nerves, Spiritbox, Amity Affliction and Prodigy are the main four for me, rest of the time I’ll just generally wander around with a beer in my hand.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:35 PM, Benj said:

Yup, it’s not even like they need a BIG act, just a decent alternative to what’s programmed.

I think Prodigy do do this well but given the weakness elsewhere on the line up, can appreciate why people are pissed off they clash

A rapper wouldve been a good option against Fred too.

They don’t need to be a massive act, just provide another option, even if they only attract 1-2,000 or so. Give people something to see

I think there will be enough dance and rap/hip hop/grime acts touring each year to make the new stage a success if it proves a hit this year. 

Just off the top of my head for potential headliners in the next few years

Bicep, Camelphat, Justice, Becky Hill, Charlie XCX, Barry Cant Swim, Blessed Madonna, Peggy Gou, Switch Disco, Chase and Status, The Streets, Central Cee, Steve Lacy, Shy FX, LF System. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lawsie said:

Who's Dasha and what's she done to be labelled a Special Guest? From what I can see she only has one big song 

Country singer. She has a massive hit at the moment, but yeah, that's the only thing of note that she's done. 

The follow up is out on Friday, so we'll see how that does I guess. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 3:51 PM, Alex Winstone said:

They probably don't suit it but would love to see what Carpenter Brut would come up with for the chevron stage

They had about 12 people watching them last time they played Reading, are they big with the casuals now?

22 hours ago, nathanh said:

Do we think the Alternative stage is now the AUX or will we still get comedians?

I’d have thought it would be everythign else

comedians

podcasts

cabaret

etc…

On 7/10/2024 at 2:55 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

Country singer. She has a massive hit at the moment, but yeah, that's the only thing of note that she's done. 

The follow up is out on Friday, so we'll see how that does I guess. 

I’m guessing it will be a classic kids pile in to hear the one song and then pile back out to the campsite situation

The perils of modern music consumption for festivals today

1 hour ago, Benj said:

They had about 12 people watching them last time they played Reading, are they big with the casuals now?

No way big enough to headline the Chevron. He’s 4th stage at Download headline material (a tent that holds about 2.5k). 

On 7/6/2024 at 10:27 AM, Andre91 said:

1. Fred again.. 

2. Blink-182 

3. Kneecap

4. Militarie Gun 

5. Denzel Curry

6. Alfie Templeman 

7. Spiritbox 

8. Skrillex

9. The Last Dinner Party 

10. Fontaines DC 

Good Neighbours > Destroy Boys > Pendulum > Dom Dolla > Liam Gallagher 

Kneecap > Lambrini Girls> Bad Nerves > Spirit Box > Amility Affliction > Prodigy

Dead Pony > Thus Love > Yours Truly > Bleachers (if possible) Militaire Gun > Fontaines DC > Wunderhorse > Barry Can't Swim > Lana Del Ray > Fred Again 

1) Prodigy

2) Fred Again

3) Spiritbox

4) Militaire Gun

5) Fontaines DC

6) Wunderhorse

7) Dead Pony

8. Bleachers

9) Yours Truly

10) Kneecap

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Secret set slots seem to be: 

Leeds Fri - Festival Republic - 14:30 - 15:00

Leeds Sun - R1 Stage - 12:00 - 12:45

Seems to be the available slots? 

The 1975 for the R1 slot just for the bants of them showing up for a third year in a row. 

No one on the Chevron until 2pm on Friday and Sunday at Reading 

There also seems to be the same gap (between 5:05 - 6:25) on the Introducing stage on all three days