2024 Festival

Chad888

On 6/18/2024 at 5:35 PM, Benj said:

Leeds daily capacity is ~80,000 according to the interenet. Can't see the day/ camping breakdown listed anywhere though, I'd have thought it was way more than 5,000 though.

If sales are like last year, there will be way less than 40,000 in front of each stage...

I think the 5,000 figure must just be referring to campers specifically.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:30 AM, glastorome said:

I think there will be enough dance and rap/hip hop/grime acts touring each year to make the new stage a success if it proves a hit this year. 

Just off the top of my head for potential headliners in the next few years

Bicep, Camelphat, Justice, Becky Hill, Charlie XCX, Barry Cant Swim, Blessed Madonna, Peggy Gou, Switch Disco, Chase and Status, The Streets, Central Cee, Steve Lacy, Shy FX, LF System. 

A fair few of these are nowhere near big enough.

I know Sonny Fodera is there this year but thats only because he's on before Fred, so likely will be names more of Prodigy / Skrillex size for all 3 in future years

Given prodigy are there wouldn't shock me if they continue whacking bands on it too (and move to more indie / rock ones vs dancey)

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

The moved blink 5 minutes earlier and cut the prodigy by 10 mins 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240717-122715.png

Nice cost saving for them! joke festival

21 hours ago, gfa said:

A fair few of these are nowhere near big enough.

I know Sonny Fodera is there this year but thats only because he's on before Fred, so likely will be names more of Prodigy / Skrillex size for all 3 in future years

Given prodigy are there wouldn't shock me if they continue whacking bands on it too (and move to more indie / rock ones vs dancey)

Nice cost saving for them! joke festival

I agree, A fair few arent big enough right now but if this stage becomes a mainstay of the festival these are acts that could become big enough over time to headline it. 

Did someone say Lambrini Girls are sh*t earlier?

I assumed they would be given the awful name, they're really f**king good though if you like that kind of thing, which is unlikely for the majoirty of the population though.

Glad I listened despite the fact someone said they were sh*t on here, properly loving it

If anyone likes, Idles, Fontaines, Slaves/ softplay, Bob Vylan etc... its hard to see how'd you'd not like this, unless you don't like female vox, which is obv not a sin, or cant take it seriously, as theyre women doing punk rock etc, in which case...

9 hours ago, kirkwood said:

Mannequin Pussy cancelled all UK and Europe shows next month. Burnt out.

GARHHHHHH 😭

my most looked forward to act

On 7/24/2024 at 1:55 PM, Trnsmt12311 said:

My presumption would be these are going to be silent discos 

Yeah, website has them down as Chevron after hours now. So maybe Anachronica is gone.

With the intro of Chevron being a large after hours party, it probably makes sense. 

Chevron
LS23
Picadilly

Plenty to choose from there without Anachronica. 

image.thumb.png.e950e0b0505b8c951998b70dd4046e41.png

Edited by Cammers

28 minutes ago, northernangel said:

This is the point, you don't need to know everything, be involved in everything and have everything explained to you like you feel you do on here constantly.

You won’t explain what you meant by ‘they’ because you know what it implies. Or maybe you don’t realise how it sounds because it’s you. 

5 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cydv218d8pqo.amp

Could be another act to be out?

when the livestream came out of him getting arrested I knew that it was inevitable he would be replaced, wouldn't surprise me if they announced his replacement with only 2 weeks to go, the question is who would replace him tho

19 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

when the livestream came out of him getting arrested I knew that it was inevitable he would be replaced, wouldn't surprise me if they announced his replacement with only 2 weeks to go, the question is who would replace him tho

JME, please. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You won’t explain what you meant by ‘they’ because you know what it implies. Or maybe you don’t realise how it sounds because it’s you. 

I don't really care what you think or feel it implies, there is nothing racial behind it though or anything like that if that's what you're getting at.

Either way, get it absolutely clear now! You don't run there boards, nor do you need or are getting an answer to everything people post that you don't like.

Don't want to read it, block simple as that, no sleep is it.