2024 Festival

Chad888

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I don't really care what you think or feel it implies, there is nothing racial behind it though or anything like that if that's what you're getting at.

Either way, get it absolutely clear now! You don't run there boards, nor do you need or are getting an answer to everything people post that you don't like.

Don't want to read it, block simple as that, no sleep is it.

See, you know exactly what your poor wording implied. 

31 minutes ago, northernangel said:

What exactly I am implying?, given you're obviously way more invested than anyone else.

A story about a young, black male being arrested for drugs charges. You said ‘this is what they do.’ You know exactly how that sounds.

’A drill artist being arrested isn’t surprising, it happens a lot.’ If you had said something like that, it directly states exactly what you mean and doesn’t carry the dodgy undertones that ‘this is what they do’ does. 

Mind you, I wouldn’t think you capable of considering semantics. 

Edited by Andre91

Semantics indeed.

Lets give Northernangel the benefit of the doubt and move on.

.....after we DEMAND he names his 5 favourite black aritstes to prove he's not a horrible racist

(Bloc Party don't count)

13 minutes ago, Benj said:

Semantics indeed.

.....after we DEMAND he names his 5 favourite black aritstes to prove he's not a horrible racist

(Bloc Party don't count)

YOU DON’T RUN THERE BOARDS

Neck Deep posted about their double sets. Kinda bummed they’re not doing something special for Wishful Thinking’s 10th birthday but that tent set is going to be full of bangers regardless. Also, I absolutely love the old skool poster design. 

IMG_0169.jpeg

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

A story about a young, black male being arrested for drugs charges. You said ‘this is what they do.’ You know exactly how that sounds.

’A drill artist being arrested isn’t surprising, it happens a lot.’ If you had said something like that, it directly states exactly what you mean and doesn’t carry the dodgy undertones that ‘this is what they do’ does. 

Mind you, I wouldn’t think you capable of considering semantics. 

58 minutes ago, Benj said:

Semantics indeed.

(Bloc Party don't count)

I mean rappers and the artists such like are constantly pulled up for their drugs stuff in some way. MTS was etc etc if you really have to know. Had nothing to do with his color or race. 

Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Snoop Dog, Janelle Monae, The Libertines because Gary is black to name a few. I'm not into the rap scene off today that much which is where a lot of them are and I'm allowed to not follow rappers/drill/grime etc as a genre if I don't like it.

If that makes me racist by your standards then there are lots of woke groups you can join.

Just move on Andre, bloody hell, you're a grown man! You can tell you follow Download and lick Coppings arse over anything as he hates anyone having a different opinion to him too. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I mean rappers and the artists such like are constantly pulled up for their drugs stuff in some way. MTS was etc etc if you really have to know. Had nothing to do with his color or race. 

Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Snoop Dog, Janelle Monae, The Libertines because Gary is black to name a few. I'm not into the rap scene off today that much which is where a lot of them are and I'm allowed to not follow rappers/drill/grime etc as a genre if I don't like it.

If that makes me racist by your standards then there are lots of woke groups you can join.

Just move on Andre, bloody hell, you're a grown man! You can tell you follow Download and lick Coppings arse over anything as he hates anyone having a different opinion to him too. 

Sign me up! 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sign me up! 

Sign yourself up as a Karen! while you're at it....no one is allowed to like or think any different on a thing to them either. WE MUST ALL LIKE THE MODERN DAY RAPPERS AND SUCH LIKE BECAUSE WE'RE RACIST IF WE DONT. bore of you clown!

Tried to get into 21 Savage but just can’t find a single aspect of it that I enjoy

Like Polo G (on record) so I’m hoping the experience of the both live vs on record is reversed re my enjoyment

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Sign yourself up as a Karen! while you're at it....no one is allowed to like or think any different on a thing to them either. WE MUST ALL LIKE THE MODERN DAY RAPPERS AND SUCH LIKE BECAUSE WE'RE RACIST IF WE DONT. bore of you clown!

Ahhhhhhhh, irony. Go and have a lie down, bud. 

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Tried to get into 21 Savage but just can’t find a single aspect of it that I enjoy

Like Polo G (on record) so I’m hoping the experience of the both live vs on record is reversed re my enjoyment

I don’t mind a couple of tracks from the latest 21 Savage album (it’s not really the kind of Hip Hop I’d typically go for) but the videos I’ve seen of his Wireless set gives me hope that’ll it’ll be a really decent show. 

Edited by Andre91

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t mind a couple of tracks from the latest 21 Savage album (it’s not really the kind of Hip Hop I’d typically go for) but the videos I’ve seen of his Wireless set gives me hope that’ll it’ll be a really decent show. 

hopefully he sings and doesn't just abuse the backing music and or rely on the crowd

17 hours ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

hopefully he sings and doesn't just abuse the backing music and or rely on the crowd

Given it’s not part of a larger tour, there is the fear, as with Polo G, that it will be exactly that. Keep the production cheap as, meet the contractual obligation

will be interesting to see either way

I’ve been getting into Confidence Man recently and I’ve just seen they’re clashing with TDCC. My group want to see TDCC and then a few of us are going to peel off early to head up to Denzel Curry so I know I’ll likely watch TDCC instead of CM. In the wise words of our beloved @Benj though, at least we’ve got clashes back 😜

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve been getting into Confidence Man recently and I’ve just seen they’re clashing with TDCC. My group want to see TDCC and then a few of us are going to peel off early to head up to Denzel Curry so I know I’ll likely watch TDCC instead of CM. In the wise words of our beloved @Benj though, at least we’ve got clashes back 😜

I wish, choice is truly, truly lacking, it really is a piss poor lineup depth wise when you compare it to what you had on offer at any one time in 2019

Looking back at that Clashfinder there were plenty of 3 way clashes everyday, almost a choice to be made all day

…this year I have maybe 2 clashes in total (as in hard decisions), and plenty of times I’ve highlighted someone to see as the least worse option

Edited by Benj

These are my clashes as things stand this year and by clashes I don’t mean heart wrenching decisions, simply that’s there’s two acts on that I would actually be slightly interesting in seeing. 

One down at the mo post Mannequin Pussy canx. 

Friday Reading-

Oozes - Disgusting Siters. Will prob see a bit of both

Neck Deep - Bad nerves. Will pick on mood

Amity Affliction - David Kushner can see most of both may leave Amity early if not feeling it

Saturday-

Last Dinner Party - The Scratch. Saw The scratch last time they played so prob Last Dinner Party

Bleachers - Militarie Gun. Only a slight crossover but a tough one this, as both two of the acts I’m most looking forward to now. Saw Bleachers in June so will prob skip the end to see all of MG

Fred - Wombats. Great headline programming by the festival. Will watch Fred but head to Wombats if we’re not feeling it, as you know what you get with them and it’s always a good time and will be a great way to end the night

Sunday-

Pendulum - Artemas. Amazingly I don’t think I’ve ever seen Pendulum live, that I can remember anyway, so kind of feel I should see them. 

49 minutes ago, Benj said:

These are my clashes as things stand this year and by clashes I don’t mean heart wrenching decisions, simply that’s there’s two acts on that I would actually be slightly interesting in seeing. 

Friday Reading-

Amity Affliction - David Kushner can see most of both may leave Amity early if not feeling it

Saturday-

Last Dinner Party - The Scratch. Saw The scratch last time they played so prob Last Dinner Party

Bleachers - Militarie Gun. Only a slight crossover but a tough one this, as both two of the acts I’m most looking forward to now. Saw Bleachers in June so will prob skip the end to see all of MG

Fred - Wombats. Great headline programming by the festival. Will watch Fred but head to Wombats if we’re not feeling it, as you know what you get with them and it’s always a good time and will be a great way to end the night

Sunday-

Pendulum - Artemas. Amazingly I don’t think I’ve ever seen Pendulum live, that I can remember anyway, so kind of feel I should see them. 

I was so looking forward to Bleachers but Militarie Gun were one of my Top 3 albums of the year last year and I had to miss the tour I had tickets for last winter so I’m going to see 15 mins of Bleachers and then head up to the tent to lose my head crowdsurfing to Do

It Faster.  

On 7/28/2024 at 1:18 PM, Benj said:

Friday Reading-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Based on the two times I’ve seen bad nerves at Leeds I’d pass on them. Pretty much empty tent both times and the sound quality was awful. Their records are good but it’s just noise in the tent

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had a thought; when was the last time R&L got someone who was on a big reunion? We always used to get the likes of The Libertines, Pulp, At The Drive In, Fall Out Boy, Alexisonfire, The Distillers. 

Audience has gone so young its harder and harder to get reunions people care about

A lot of the audience would consider catfish a big reunion mind you