2024 Festival

Chad888

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Audience has gone so young its harder and harder to get reunions people care about

A lot of the audience would consider catfish a big reunion mind you

I totally didn’t think about Catfish. 

I also guess it’s because it’s only really bands who tend to split up and seen as being out of the picture; solo artists just kind of go in active, if that makes sense?  And with bands not being as popular as they were at the festival, I guess it’s less likely the audience will have excitement for bands who get back together. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Audience has gone so young its harder and harder to get reunions people care about

A lot of the audience would consider catfish a big reunion mind you

It’s certainly been marketed as such

A full 3 years since they last played…😂

Its also not really a reunion as opposed to a new band isn’t it?

guess it’s still a reunion with the fan base…

15 hours ago, Benj said:

It’s certainly been marketed as such

A full 3 years since they last played…😂

Its also not really a reunion as opposed to a new band isn’t it?

guess it’s still a reunion with the fan base…

Not sure many people really care - van mcann is still there and its the same songs

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure many people really care - van mcann is still there and its the same songs

Exactly. Reunion of him and fans after 3 whole years, as opposed to “the band” reuniting after 10-15

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Who do we think could do a surprise set? And / or play the BBC introducing stage? 

I could see The Wombats doing an acoustic set on the Introducing stage, maybe Beabadoodee as well. 

Secret set? My loose guess is Architects in the FR. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 12:02 PM, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had a thought; when was the last time R&L got someone who was on a big reunion? We always used to get the likes of The Libertines, Pulp, At The Drive In, Fall Out Boy, Alexisonfire, The Distillers. 

Oasis reunion confirmed

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I could see The Wombats doing an acoustic set on the Introducing stage, maybe Beabadoodee as well. 

Secret set? My loose guess is Architects in the FR. 

Would love them but ane architects a Bloodstock exclusive? While She Sleeps would be eye catching too

20 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Would love them but ane architects a Bloodstock exclusive? While She Sleeps would be eye catching too

Their Bloodstock show is next Saturday so it will have been and gone by the time of R&L. 

• Upvote 1

Just noticed parking tickets haven’t sold out for either campsite, aren’t these one of the first things to go?

Overall how to we think this has sold?

There seems to be few going on here, they never got to the point where they felt they were able to raise the tier prices of the Weekend tickets?

Bar the Fred and Lana day it’s clearly not sold brilliantly, do people think it’s done better or worse than last year though?

I think we’ll see (Readign wise) a quieter than normal (pre 23) year. Bar the Saturday. It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like with all the Lana stans in!

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Just noticed parking tickets haven’t sold out for either campsite, aren’t these one of the first things to go?

Overall how to we think this has sold?

There seems to be few going on here, they never got to the point where they felt they were able to raise the tier prices of the Weekend tickets?

Bar the Fred and Lana day it’s clearly not sold brilliantly, do people think it’s done better or worse than last year though?

I think we’ll see (Readign wise) a quieter than normal (pre 23) year. Bar the Saturday. It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like with all the Lana stans in!

LG day is the only one with low availability on ticketmaster in Leeds, but Blink day is cheapest, with Fred’s day the priciest. It’s hard to call.

It will have done well this year, it’s a very good lineup for what it is now

13 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

LG day is the only one with low availability on ticketmaster in Leeds, but Blink day is cheapest, with Fred’s day the priciest. It’s hard to call.

It will have done well this year, it’s a very good lineup for what it is now

What is good for what it is now?

75% capacity?

11 hours ago, Benj said:

What is good for what it is now?

75% capacity?

The map will be interesting to see, Leeds had the biggest campsite I’ve been in years last time. Lineup is strong but does it translate to weekend sales. If the big stages revamp doesn’t work, what will?

46 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

been past the festival site today and it looks like the chevron stage is something akin to the second stage at glasto or what the second stage at download used to look like before covid

If it’s that big, they can deffo fit full sized bands on it, it’s interesting they’ve kept it strictly dance/ hip hop

intrigued now as to how the visual element will be built in. What are we expecting, a full Vegas Freemont St type thing or just a few LEDs on a string 🤣

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

If it’s that big, they can deffo fit full sized bands on it, it’s interesting they’ve kept it strictly dance/ hip hop

intrigued now as to how the visual element will be built in. What are we expecting, a full Vegas Freemont St type thing or just a few LEDs on a string 🤣

If I don’t walk in saying “it’s like Blackpool illuminations in here” then they’ve failed

8 hours ago, Benj said:

They put a video on YouTube the other day of them testing a section of the LED ceiling setup and, to be fair, it looks pretty awesome. It’s basically a giant projector. 

14 hours ago, Benj said:

I think its to really show off they are catering to this audience - especially dance, which has become very popular with the core R&L audience but was before always a bit of a poor showing

57 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think its to really show off they are catering to this audience - especially dance, which has become very popular with the core R&L audience but was before always a bit of a poor showing

Shame it will only be prime for a couple of acts if out door

Although it may make the silent disco a lot better

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Shame it will only be prime for a couple of acts if out door

Although it may make the silent disco a lot better

will be good to easily be able to get in at least

so many festivals its impossible to get into them