2024 Festival

Chad888

5 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Seems really strange they have not booked Pendulum for this stage instead of the main one? 

Agree with this, Pendulum would've been ideal at night under the LEDs, feel like they might've missed a trick with this one. 

Hopefully they won't be like Bicep in the daytime and not really hit 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

been past the festival site today and it looks like the chevron stage is something akin to the second stage at glasto or what the second stage at download used to look like before covid

So it's an outdoor stage? How will the Silent Disco work if it's raining?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

will be good to easily be able to get in at least

so many festivals its impossible to get into them

Hopefully they won’t sell out of headsets this year…

5 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed on here yet, but surely the secret slot on the FR stage on Friday at Reading/Saturday at Leeds is Soft Play? Playing Victorious on the Sunday. 

Any evidence beside coincidental scheduling availability?

27 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed on here yet, but surely the secret slot on the FR stage on Friday at Reading/Saturday at Leeds is Soft Play? Playing Victorious on the Sunday. 

Didn’t they only play a secret set at last year’s festival? 

37 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

My money’s on YMAS farewell gigs

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Any evidence beside coincidental scheduling availability?

Scheduling mainly. But they’ve got a long history with R/L, plus is seems like they’ve played every other UK festival this summer so they may as well complete the set!   

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

I was thinking the secret set could be Biffy Clyro. Playing Halifax on the Friday. Could open the BBC Radio 1 stage at Reading on Saturday and Leeds on Sunday? 

My mate is also convinced by this but he’s never been right before 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

I was thinking the secret set could be Biffy Clyro. Playing Halifax on the Friday. Could open the BBC Radio 1 stage at Reading on Saturday and Leeds on Sunday? 

They’re headlining Victorious on Sunday, I doubt it 

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

My money’s on YMAS farewell gigs

Don’t think they have anything going on but I think they’ll stick to Slam Dunk being their last festival show 

3 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

FR Secret slot is Friday Leeds/Sunday Reading, when Soft Play are at Victorious

25 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Definitely Friday at Reading. Between bad nerves and loveless. 

My bad, that was Mannequin Pussy’s slot which they’ve since pulled out of (was looking at the insta post from beforehand). Selfishly hoping it’s not Soft Play because I’ll be at Spiritbox but it well could be!

55 minutes ago, kirkwood said:

What have the secret sets been like over the years? Last time i camped it was Them Crooked Vultures which is crazy really. Camping again this year and prepared to feel old af!

A mixed bag but generally guitar bands, BMTH, Nerd, Soft Play, Don Broco, Frank Carter, The Interrupters, The Sherlocks are ones that spring to mind for me. The 1975 until they were asked to step in and headline

1 hour ago, kirkwood said:

What have the secret sets been like over the years? Last time i camped it was Them Crooked Vultures which is crazy really. Camping again this year and prepared to feel old af!

Pendulum in 2022 stole the entire day frankly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

So it's an outdoor stage? How will the Silent Disco work if it's raining?

didnt they do the double silent disco thing on the main stage last year? like with half of sigala wasn't it at both sites

3 hours ago, kirkwood said:

Less and less spectacular

Peaked at Green Day

QOTSA and BMTH followed, now we’re lucky to get the likes of Don Broco and Soft Play

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Less and less spectacular

Peaked at Green Day

QOTSA and BMTH followed, now we’re lucky to get the likes of Don Broco and Soft Play

Don't forget Jake Bugg in 2021!