2024 Festival

Chad888

15 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

I could be wrong but I checked the schedule on the app last night and it seemed like a lot of set times have changed 

Just cross-referenced the app and clashfinder and it doesnt appear timings have changed by the look of it but I had thought the same 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thescientist said:

Fish56Octagon announced he is playing the ‘Jagermeister Tent’ 5:30 on Friday at Reading. Guessing it will just be like Casa Bacardi etc.,  hopefully another announcement from the festival today too?

Great spot, imagine that one will be very busy and hit max capacity quite early as he's very popular with the TikTok crowd 

21 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Received the access information yesterday, so i thought id share the map looks like Chevron is basically a rebrand of the other mainstage

map.jpeg

So they’ve gotten rid of a stage so they can have the lounge - crazy 😂

also quiet camp is huge

13 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Received the access information yesterday, so i thought id share the map looks like Chevron is basically a rebrand of the other mainstage

map.jpeg

In that case what’s the difference from the previous format, dance tent upgrade and MSW downgrade into R1 tent?

29 minutes ago, nathanh said:

map.jpeg

Quiet Camp is massive, surely their aren't that many people signed up for it. I've camped in nearly the same spot in Orange for 3 years but will have to change up now! 

1 hour ago, thescientist said:

Fish56Octagon announced he is playing the ‘Jagermeister Tent’ 5:30 on Friday at Reading. Guessing it will just be like Casa Bacardi etc.,  hopefully another announcement from the festival today too?

This will be absolutely heaving - good to see they have learnt from Boardmasters with Sammy Virji. Will be ridiculous

14 minutes ago, ElliotBudakova said:

I think Charli XCX might replace Digga D because the Reading and Leeds account liked a comment about it on their most recent post 🤷‍♂️

She's hardly doing any shows - seems unlikely

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

This will be absolutely heaving - good to see they have learnt from Boardmasters with Sammy Virji. Will be ridiculous

Agreed. However, the only this that might stop a repeat of Virji is that last year Casa Bacardi was fenced off with a max capacity but obviously that won't stop people crowding around outside. 

Also interesting how he said 'Jagermeister Tent' - making it seem like it's inside 

16 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If they did they’ve unliked it now but you never know

IMG_9581.thumb.jpeg.1d79d6bf6aa72b6c031cf4101f21e89a.jpeg

I have found what I think they are talking about however its a joint post and it has been liked by Jodie, the other person not R&L. But f**k I'd love it to be Charli

16 minutes ago, ElliotBudakova said:

They haven’t check this out!

(It’s the top comment by the way - says liked by author)

IMG_3598.png

They’re not putting Charli XCX in the radio one tent in what is in effect a gap in scheduling on other stages

Theres 100 reasons why it wouldn’t happen

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

map.jpeg

They have some concessions or similar in the gap between main and the chevron now which was not there the last few years, which I assume are for some level of sound proofing and division between the two environments.

Overall though it’s an unsurprising disappointment though. Radio1 no bigger, hopefully they’ll at least have much better, if not bigger screens though as they were always sh*t, esp during the day (does anyone know if they were better last year)

Otherwise this is basically confirmation that we’ve lost a stage and yet more acts for some LED lights that you’d assume will only be effective for two acts a day and a silent disco…

Good news, no further reduction in camping levels 

17 minutes ago, Benj said:

They’re not putting Charli XCX in the radio one tent in what is in effect a gap in scheduling on other stages

Theres 100 reasons why it wouldn’t happen

To be fair we are talking about a Chevron slot freed up by Digga D dropping out which is essentially a rebrand of the other main stage. Radio 1 would be a no go I do agree though.

15 minutes ago, Benj said:

They have some concessions or similar in the gap between main and the chevron now which was not there the last few years, which I assume are for some level of sound proofing and division between the two environments.

Overall though it’s an unsurprising disappointment though. Radio1 no bigger, hopefully they’ll at least have much better, if not bigger screens though as they were always sh*t, esp during the day (does anyone know if they were better last year)

Otherwise this is basically confirmation that we’ve lost a stage and yet more acts for some LED lights that you’d assume will only be effective for two acts a day and a silent disco…

Good news, no further reduction in camping levels 

They’re turning it into Glasto without the quality or the depth. No stages, just vibes.