2024 Festival

Chad888

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Bit of PR to push any late ticket sales. Melvin says Chevron and Aux stages have been behind the “massive ticket sales”.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/reading-leeds-2024-predicted-to-sell-out-this-weekend-3784106

Arf... or maybe the date when they have to say their sold out/ offer no more tickets for licensing reasons

Don't introduce tiered pricing and then not use it, yet say your're selling out 

Hopefully 2/3rds off the 'loyalty' tickets next year.

Then cut the lineup by another 1/3rd.. which still makes it a rip off!

Edited by Benj

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Arf... or maybe the date when they have to say their sold out/ offer no more tickets for licensing reasons

Don't introduce tiered pricing and then not use it, yet say your're selling out 

Hopefully 2/3rds off the 'loyalty' tickets next year.

Then cut the lineup by another 1/3rd.. which still makes it a rip off!

My immediate thought was the cut off point. £210 for the loyalty tickets seemed like a bargain at the time, I’d have probably taken it if I knew I could go back then

I paid £210 for loyalty tickets and honestly I feel like I've got a good deal but i would certainly be a bit apprehensive paying £350 for this lineup. If loyalty gets offered this year, I will probably take them up on it for that reason

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

My immediate thought was the cut off point. £210 for the loyalty tickets seemed like a bargain at the time, I’d have probably taken it if I knew I could go back then

Yup. Great value at that price point. Much less so at 50% more

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

For Leeds the R1 tent is where MSW was and the Chevron stage looks to be where the old arena entrance was. Interesting. Glad the R1 tent isn’t where the Dance tent used to be on that hill bank.

IMG_2253.jpeg

Gonna have to get a wriggle on to see blink and prodigy 😂

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

I paid £210 for loyalty tickets and honestly I feel like I've got a good deal but i would certainly be a bit apprehensive paying £350 for this lineup. If loyalty gets offered this year, I will probably take them up on it for that reason

I got mine in resale at £195, happy with that but £350 would be ridiculous. I’m not even counting the aux stage as anything

6 hours ago, FeverDream said:

For Leeds the R1 tent is where MSW was and the Chevron stage looks to be where the old arena entrance was. Interesting. Glad the R1 tent isn’t where the Dance tent used to be on that hill bank.

IMG_2253.jpeg

Thought we'd got a bloody roller coaster at first glance then realised it was Aux Stage 😄

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Please could someone explain what is going on with the Silent Disco? I thought it was going to be at the Chevron Stage? However there are some acts announced for After Chevron, so are they the DJs for the Silent Disco? Or does this start after the DJs play? 

They are the silent disco dj’s

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Late addition to working there this year, confirmed will be on site Monday after leaving We Out Here and only working Thur-Sun this time.

👍🏼

let us know if there are any interesting site changes

8 hours ago, Benj said:

👍🏼

let us know if there are any interesting site changes

Was looking at the site plan and all seems as usual that I could tell

I'd have The Vaccines as a solid shout to fill a slot or to be secret set (especially with having intimate gigs in Leeds on 28th/29th) set but that date in France is bugging me 🤔

I know they're not the most progressive of acts but I really enjoyed their last album and they have a nice back catalogue of crowd pleasers.

4 hours ago, thescientist said:

So confused what set times are correct, crawlers just posted to say they were on at 1:40, in app they are 1:45. And I’m guessing we aren’t getting any replacements now ?

Download was the same. It was Friday morning and the times were still changing on the app. It’s a complete joke and I’m so sure it never used to be this bad pre-app dependent days. There used to be a couple of slight changes but now we get whole-sale changes the day off and it’s insane to me. Especially because R&L were stupid enough to release stage times in bloody May or whatever it was this year. 

Edited by Andre91

Barry Cant Swim has been moved earlier and now shortened 5pm - 6pm clashes with Fontaines now. Raging was excited to catch his whole set now will miss the first 20 mins

EDIT: This only seams to be for leeds? 

Edited by festiall

11 minutes ago, festiall said:

Barry Cant Swim has been moved earlier and now shortened 5pm - 6pm clashes with Fontaines now. Raging was excited to catch his whole set now will miss the first 20 mins

You’re joking? Bloody hell. 

I was really looking forward to seeing Fontaines AND him. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, festiall said:

Yeah reading his set hasn’t changed, will be so upset if they clash him and Fontaines at reading

3 hours ago, Cammers said:

I'd have The Vaccines as a solid shout to fill a slot or to be secret set (especially with having intimate gigs in Leeds on 28th/29th) set but that date in France is bugging me 🤔

I'd assume already having shows in Leeds and France rules them out. But who knows.

They are still a decent catch tbf. Saw them open for Kings of Leon in Leeds two months ago and they were rather good.