2024 Festival

Chad888

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Surely can’t charge close to £90 when the stadiums are already ambitious. Also interesting there’s no dates in their heartland areas of Manchester and Glasgow - Trnsmt nailed on.

Neighbourhood Weekender if it comes back probably a shout too

55 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I think they’re a fantastic band but there won’t be much take up of seats I imagine, let alone the ones up in the gods

The standing will go quite quick if reasonably priced but seats definitely won't!

Theres a gold circle too

48 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They do have a big pull but their biggest headline gigs to date have been this summer during their comeback hype - Edinburgh Highland Centre (35,000 cap) and Liverpool Sefton Park (30,000 cap), Cardiff Castle (10,000 cap). Before that it was arenas, Neighbourhood Weekender and Swansea Singleton Park (5,000 cap) and the R&L MSW headline set.

they did finsbury for community twice as well

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Neighbourhood Weekender if it comes back probably a shout too

The standing will go quite quick if reasonably priced but seats definitely won't!

Theres a gold circle too

they did finsbury for community twice as well

I’d expect gold circle to be £90 as the going rate but maybe £65 further back? That’s what they charged for the other outdoor gigs this summer I believe.

Somehow forgot about Community, I was there 😂

28 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I’d expect gold circle to be £90 as the going rate but maybe £65 further back? That’s what they charged for the other outdoor gigs this summer I believe.

given standing is likely the only thing that will sell out i doubt it will be that cheap - they've got to rent the stadium!

4 hours ago, FeverDream said:

See that’s the thing I’d have assumed new album this year but then they haven’t played the new song as you said. I’d imagine they’ll get a pretty healthy crowd at R&L

Given they're on before Liam Gallagher there's a not-zero chance many of them will just be getting there early for the ex-Oasis man and are just waiting out through everyone beforehand. Bit like I did when I saw Muse at Reading 2011

... even if that introduced me to Friendly Fires and they were awesome. Outshone Interpol and I'm a big fan of theirs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I'm curious to the pricing too tbf. I guess you want the balance between getting people in the door and making money to pay the stadium rent bill back.

Yungblud charged less than £50 for his all-day festival at Milton Keynes Bowl tbf and did seem to draw a fairly healthy crowd, albeit less of one than Chase and Status on the same weekend judging by pictures (or indeed Muse in 2023, which paradoxically wasn't a sell out but reportedly drew about 5-10,000 more people than C&S because I don't know).

The idea of them doing headline shows at Tottenham Stadium and what's no longer called the Millennium in Cardiff is wild enough without there also being the "Pay extra for golden circle" sh*t too. Would've thought you could get away with just doing one tariff standing.

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

Any idea on secret sets for the pit on Friday? 

This post was bought to you by the year 2021

The gap on the FR has been caused by the tragic loss of Mannequin Pussy, as opposed to a planned secret set slot.

Given they haven’t announced anyone to fill the gap, anyone who does fill it will be ‘secret’, there is just as much chance of the organisers just leaving it blank though I’d have thought…

• Upvote 2

Really torn between Fred again and the Wombats

think the wombats in the tent will be mega, but also think Fred’s headline set will be one that I’ll later regret not seeing 

3 minutes ago, CG31 said:

Really torn between Fred again and the Wombats

think the wombats in the tent will be mega, but also think Fred’s headline set will be one that I’ll later regret not seeing 

They were outstanding in the tent in 2016 but they’ll be back, how many times will you get to see Fred Again

54 minutes ago, Benj said:

This post was bought to you by the year 2021

The gap on the FR has been caused by the tragic loss of Mannequin Pussy, as opposed to a planned secret set slot.

Given they haven’t announced anyone to fill the gap, anyone who does fill it will be ‘secret’, there is just as much chance of the organisers just leaving it blank though I’d have thought…

The gap is also because Loveless have dropped out too 

7 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Gazebos banned. 36 hours before gates open 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

dced330d-bb0c-444f-a892-8733aa4430d9.jpeg

They’ve deleted the gazebo post from their story now, but left all the others about campfires, bbqs, vapes etc.. up. Maybe for the first time, common sense has prevailed. 

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

Given they're on before Liam Gallagher there's a not-zero chance many of them will just be getting there early for the ex-Oasis man and are just waiting out through everyone beforehand. Bit like I did when I saw Muse at Reading 2011

... even if that introduced me to Friendly Fires and they were awesome. Outshone Interpol and I'm a big fan of theirs.

Loads of Liam Gallagher fans will want to watch catfish - they are two of the biggest dark fruits acts. Maybe not some of the older people but its not like theres a rapper on before LG

2 hours ago, RichardHarrison86 said:

Disposable BBQ’s banned? Really!?

Get a proper stove instead of a disposable one which f**ks the field and is bad for the environment. they cost like £20

On the topic of yellow camp, this will be my first year in there. 

Is the easiest way (at Leeds) to park in South and enter through Squirrel Lane?

Doesn't appear to be any standard public parking on the Yellow side of site.

Edited by Cammers

14 minutes ago, glastorome said:

On that note how much do we reckon a pint will be , I think it'll be pushing a tenner a pint 

30-50p more than last year. around £8 probably