2024 Festival

Chad888

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Leeds and Reading should have different pint prices really - Reading is basically working with London prices so is fairly reasonable but up north it must be like double most nearby pubs

Yup, there’s even an argument for ticket prices to be 5-10% lower

2 hours ago, CG31 said:

An excellent point, might give Fred a go and then wander over to the Wombats if not feeling it

That’s what I’ll be doing 

Deffo catch some Fred, if we’re not feeling it, head over the Wombats, you know you’re gonna have fun there whatever

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, there’s even an argument for ticket prices to be 5-10% lower

Harder to justify - they pay artists the same amount per site

Can't really say sorry mate your getting 10% less money and you have to go up north!

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Harder to justify - they pay artists the same amount per site

Can't really say sorry mate you’re getting 10% less money and you have to go up north!

It doesn’t affect the artists contracts. The idea would be they’d sell more tickets that cover the difference, so could therefore pay more!

23 minutes ago, glastorome said:

How strict have the security been in the last few years for not letting disposable vapes in ? 

Wouldn’t know as I don’t vape but I imagine it’s like anything else that’s banned. So long as your bag doesn’t get searched it’s probably incredibly easy. I mean even if it does they don’t (or at least in my experience) search very thoroughly. More they open it up take a 3 second look and send you on your merry way

Edited by FeverDream

27 minutes ago, glastorome said:

How strict have the security been in the last few years for not letting disposable vapes in ? 

Should be easy enough to get into the campsite. Going into the arena when they’ve patted me down and found mine they’ve literally asked me to point out the charging port. That was on a rechargeable disposable and they still let me in.

49 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Just put them in the bottom of your bag or in something else (cereal bar box, etc.). As for getting them into the arena, just gooch it. 

1 hour ago, Benj said:

It doesn’t affect the artists contracts. The idea would be they’d sell more tickets that cover the difference, so could therefore pay more!

They book aiming for a sell out though surely - at least do usually.

Not sure 10% difference would make an impact tbh - especially since a large amount of the audience's ticket is paid for by parents etc

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Just put them in the bottom of your bag or in something else (cereal bar box, etc.). As for getting them into the arena, just gooch it. 

Andre91 gooches his vape

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

They book aiming for a sell out though surely - at least do usually.

Not sure 10% difference would make an impact tbh - especially since a large amount of the audience's ticket is paid for by parents etc

Dunno…

reckon 299 vs 320, would def make a fair old difference

At some point people will pay 349 but not 350…. It’s obv a spectrum but I’m sure every quid cheaper will add x sales

Ultimately it’s a profit game, 15% more sales at £100 vs £115 is nothing unless you can take some kind of scale advantage

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

Dunno…

reckon 299 vs 320, would def make a fair old difference

At some point people will pay 349 but not 350…. It’s obv a spectrum but I’m sure every quid cheaper will add x sales

Ultimately it’s a profit game, 15% more sales at £100 vs £115 is nothing unless you can take some kind of scale advantage

Vs all the easy to get a ticket for camping festivals that book a similar lineup, R&L is already in a price category completely of its own.

Boardmasters maybe is close behind - its still only around £250 ish i think? Plus a nightmare for most to get to.

You can't provide the acts R&L does without the price

edit: added camping in first sentence!

Edited by gfa

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Vs all the easy to get a ticket for camping festivals that book a similar lineup, R&L is already in a price category completely of its own.

Boardmasters maybe is close behind - its still only around £250 ish i think? Plus a nightmare for most to get to.

You can't provide the acts R&L does without the price

edit: added camping in first sentence!

Not saying they don’t need to charge what they do, just that it doesn’t make much sense to charge the same in Leeds vs Reading, given wage differences etc…

During the times Reading sold out and Leeds didn’t it made even less sense (unless they did and we simply don’t remember!)

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

First time Leeds has sold out before Reading? 

IMG_1282.jpeg

Has it sold out or is it just the usual licensing stuff?

V good news for them if so 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

In 10 years time there’ll be a major question on all global forums

Andre91  vape

or

Gwyneth Paltrow candle

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Probably licensing, I expect Reading will be “sold out” in the next 24 hours. 

Certainly I'd be surprised if trying to do anything in the main arena doesn't immediately direct you into a crowd of tens of thousands of people.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Loads of Liam Gallagher fans will want to watch catfish - they are two of the biggest dark fruits acts. Maybe not some of the older people but its not like theres a rapper on before LG

Certainly it's less of a cultural blender than Gerry Cinnamon followed by blink-182. Or Imagine Dragons into Billie Eilish as seen last year.

Download was also "sold out" for the week in the run-up to the festival and definitely wasn't, just standard marketing fare to get those final FOMO sales. 

Still gutted I didn't get tier 1 Fred day at the time, will be an insane run. 

46 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just wanted to make a rubbish joke about this being page 182 and Blink 182 headlining but can’t be arsed to think of one.

Dammit, it’s all the small things that get you excited before the festival. I’m sure we’ll really be feeling this by the weekend. Just hope we don’t feel

too down after the weekend is done. It’s exciting though with tomorrow being the first date of the festival.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Dammit, it’s all the small things that get you excited before the festival. I’m sure we’ll really be feeling this by the weekend. Just hope we don’t feel

too down after the weekend is done. It’s exciting though with tomorrow being the first date of the festival.

Can’t wait to see them one more time