2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, Jbucks said:

Does anyone here know what “Reading Festival 2024 - Weekend Industry” tickets are? Got them through a sponsor but no information of where to go entrance-wise yet. Are they the same as Guest tickets?

I'm sure someone will help you on the gate

Aim for the GA entrance near the Reading Rowing Club - if you have gone to the wrong one and it is infact guest then it will be easy to change to the right one would be my suggestion if you don't hear anything more useful!

5 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Never seen Reading so quiet on the Wednesday, it’s empty. 

I was at Leeds earlier setting my tent up and I left about 1:30pm and it was pretty quiet there too. Happy days for me in the very back corner of Green, as far away from any noise as I could possibly be!

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I was at Leeds earlier setting my tent up and I left about 1:30pm and it was pretty quiet there too. Happy days for me in the very back corner of Green, as far away from any noise as I could possibly be!

Green is the place to be, makes the time I stayed in red feel like a warzone

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dukey said:

Dammit, it’s all the small things that get you excited before the festival. I’m sure we’ll really be feeling this by the weekend. Just hope we don’t feel

too down after the weekend is done. It’s exciting though with tomorrow being the first date of the festival.

Somebody's excited for the rock show.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I'm near Bramham Park and it is freezing so if you are packing for Leeds, then make sure you include several hoodies and maybe a warm hat for sleeping! 

That takes me back. Only time I've done camping at Reading was in 2011 when I borrowed my friend's tent for the night after turning up for the day and holy f**k it was cold.

• Upvote 1

Morning, campers! 

What’s the weather been like at Leeds throughout the night and into this morning? Because I’m 40mins away in Donny and it’s been raining and windy as hell. Seems bloody cold out! 

Incredibly windy, some stewards are asking for gazebos to be put down as they would blow away. The toilet sign has been blown off at the toilets near us

Morning, campers! 

What’s the weather been like at Leeds throughout the night and into this morning? Because I’m 40mins away in Donny and it’s been raining and windy as hell. Seems bloody cold out! 

No rain yet but it’s meant to kick off any minute till about dinner time. I’m more bracing myself for the weather tonight, first time in ten years going I’ve packed a coat 😂

Do we think they will use the two bands pulling out as an opportunity for someone to do a secret set in the FR Stage?

It would be wasted opportunity not to to have asked The Streets, Royal Blood or even someone like the Vaccines who are mentioned a few days ago.

Hopefully something is revealed later from a poster in the arena!

5 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Do we think they will use the two bands pulling out as an opportunity for someone to do a secret set in the FR Stage?

It would be wasted opportunity not to to have asked The Streets, Royal Blood or even someone like the Vaccines who are mentioned a few days ago.

Hopefully something is revealed later from a poster in the arena!

There hasn’t been a hint of any kind yet re: secret sets. Last year soft play were announced on the Wednesday ish, and in the two years before that bands teased it online. My money is still on royal blood on the Sunday R1 stage Leeds.

22 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Does anyone know if day ticket holders get directed to a specific car park at Leeds? Or is it just any depending on where you’re coming from?

Wherever you park make sure you double and triple check where you are and in relation to where you enter and exit.   I went to Leeds for the Artic Monkeys day in 2022 and swear we spent an hour wandering round in the dark looking for the car. 

Then took about another hour to get out of Bramham Park.

Just now, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Wherever you park make sure you double and triple check where you are and in relation to where you enter and exit.   I went to Leeds for the Artic Monkeys day in 2022 and swear we spent an hour wandering round in the dark looking for the car. 

Then took about another hour to get out of Bramham Park.

Cheers I’ll pass that onto my mate. He’s leaving halfway though LG so should alright getting out. Hopefully the car park doesn’t turn into a swamp!

3 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Cheers I’ll pass that onto my mate. He’s leaving halfway though LG so should alright getting out. Hopefully the car park doesn’t turn into a swamp!

Should be OK on the Friday for getting out.  Problem with the Sunday when I went there will have been day tickets and weekenders leaving so was chaos.

For Reading 

Weather warning for tonight 
Hi , we have high wind warning for overnight into tomorrow morning- till 9am possible gusts 35-40mph .. Can we spread the word- Tech production- Traders - Campsites teams- Air hub people. -  Warning: Expected strong winds from southwest to west, gusts between 35-40 mph with sustained winds of up to 18 mph.