2024 Festival

Chad888

7 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I didn't queue once in the 5-6 visits though went to the bars away from the Main Stage

All seemed bad at Reading at all times post 4pm. The bars were much shorter than prior years and also seemed to have less people serving.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kirkwood said:

Not a fan of 21 Savage at all but he truly took the piss out of his fans yesterday. Sent out a hype man for 50 mins then came out for 10 minutes. What a joke. Should never play here again.

It’s also insulting to some of the artists who had their sets cancelled because of the wind. If I was R&L he’d be pulled from Reading on Sunday.

Have a great time everyone no matter what happens it will all be OK. Remember 1992 and the weather was awful and rumours were nirvana were not turning up. Turned out to be the best night ever. 

On 8/23/2024 at 8:48 PM, charlierc said:

It's been the way for years. Even as far back as 2005/06 it was only Reading getting TV broadcast.

My understanding is that Reading get the coverage and Leeds gets the radio

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The Prodigy were outstanding at Leeds, blew everything away. That Chevron stage is spot on for stuff like that but it went unnoticed as Prodigy were doing more than enough themselves

Crowd was unreal. Pits everywhere. Lights amazing. The base was a bit too high where i was on the right hand side (facing stage). I could actually feel my bones shake. Not sure how it impacted my ears yet! 

Like you say the lights were great. Chemical Brothers should play that stage next year 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, drfisher said:

There are rumours of an Oasis reunion announcement this week. Any chance of anything happening regarding it at Liams set tonight?

0% chance. He even took the piss out of Noel at Leeds saying he will be playing Wonderwall, and then covered Noel song from his latest album (though it is an old Oasis song)