2024 Festival

Chad888

37 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Rock hard all weekend! Bit windy still but sunny (possible shower at 4pm)

You'd have thought all the rain would've loosened it up so that's something.

But maybe it's my nostalgia talking. My trip to Reading in 2011 on the Sunday after heavy rain on the Thursday and Friday and a little on Saturday. At the back it was pretty hard, but at front of the main stage during Muse, it felt like being on a f**king ice rink.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

BBC coverage isn't great this year. Doesn't seem to be much that's actually live and they're selective with who is being broadcast from the Main Stage.

Since about 2014/15 it seems to have become significantly more sparse in what they do there. Maybe there's been cutbacks or something I dunno.

14 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Just watched Lana on IPlayer. What a fiasco. Looked like she had to stop her song dead due to fireworks. She came on 15 mins late too. 

Worse thing was the stomping bass from Sonny whathisface 

Chevron set up at Reading is a pisstake

Absolutely huge crowd to hear Lana sing and all you could hear through half the songs was THUD THUD THUD

She even mentioned it herself “I hope you can hear me over the techno”

It hadn’t been a (massive) problem until that point, it was a proper f**king joke though

Saturday Reading highlights

Bleachers

Wunderhorse - had barely heard a note from them before, packed the R1 tent and were top notch)

Wombats - Overfilled the R1 tent we were about 3 of 5 rows out the back but they were great fun as ever

https://www.nme.com/news/music/reading-festival-apologise-unreservedly-for-cutting-lana-del-reys-headline-set-short-3786890?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Pc7YDk6P9I5gnmG2EUmLQYwUSU0l3Dur6496ewktjzbNg5RMEx3ndXiI_aem_yliQOZn7u_cXHAzan9TaYw

Seems Lana's awkward ending was down to the festival rather than her 

(Granted she shouldn't have turned up 15 minutes late but you get the idea) 

Edited by Chapple12345

29 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Since about 2014/15 it seems to have become significantly more sparse in what they do there. Maybe there's been cutbacks or something I dunno.

There's usually a live stream on iPlayer but this year there isn't much live.

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

They had to apologise and take the blame or risk her throwing a strop and not doing Leeds today. 

I have a lot of gripes about a lot of the young kids at the festival this year. And it isn’t that they’re nasty or destructive etc like in the past; they’re just SO f**king boring and take themselves way too seriously. Just groups of lads stood there looking miserable as f**k trying to look aloof who then look at you like you’re some sort of mutant when you’re dancing about and singing. It’s a music festival, not a funeral. Crack a f**king smile. Groups of girls stood there looking and laughing at people enjoying themselves whilst they stand and talk throughout the whole set. 

• Upvote 2

Also, R&L is now just a dance festival. It’s all you hear at the after hours stages, at the vendors, over the PAs. It’s those acts who are drawing the biggest crowds. All I’ve heard walking through the campsites all weekend is Drum n Bass coming from somewhere. 

29 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Cutting her off by accident is an impressive way to please no-one.

But I guess that was the peril of not having her on last. Although saying that there's a not-zero chance it would have been cut off early anyway.

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I have a lot of gripes about a lot of the young kids at the festival this year. And it isn’t that they’re nasty or destructive etc like in the past; they’re just SO f**king boring and take themselves way too seriously. Just groups of lads stood there looking miserable as f**k trying to look aloof who then look at you like you’re some sort of mutant when you’re dancing about and singing. It’s a music festival, not a funeral. Crack a f**king smile. Groups of girls stood there looking and laughing at people enjoying themselves whilst they stand and talk throughout the whole set. 

We're getting old and are just enjoying things in different ways to those after.

Though yeah that does all sound a little strange.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

We're getting old and are just enjoying things in different ways to those after.

Though yeah that does all sound a little strange.

But they’re not showing any signs of enjoying it? I’m not saying it’s everybody but it’s a lot of people who look like they don’t even want to be there. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Piccadilly is also DEAD at Leeds. I’ve never known it so empty. Playing stuff like Natasha Beddingfield and YMCA. 

I went last night for the first time in a few years and it was shite. More people attending this and LS23 than many of the bands on the Main Stage.

Oh and they have killed the Silent Disco! 

Apart from that, I'm having lots of fun.