2024 Festival

Chad888

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Also, R&L is now just a dance festival. It’s all you hear at the after hours stages, at the vendors, over the PAs. It’s those acts who are drawing the biggest crowds. All I’ve heard walking through the campsites all weekend is Drum n Bass coming from somewhere. 

It's certainly all I could hear during Lana del Rey last night...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bleachers were spectacular this afternoon at Leeds. Proper feel good set. Just a shame it wasn’t in the blazing sunshine. 

Militarie Gun were sick just now too. I’m so out of breath after Do It Faster (OOH OOH!) 

You weren’t the fella with two others who was shouting ooh ooh at the top of his voice and ran full pelt from the left of the crowd into the middle during do it faster were you? 😂

39 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

You weren’t the fella with two others who was shouting ooh ooh at the top of his voice and ran full pelt from the left of the crowd into the middle during do it faster were you? 😂

That was me, yes 😂 was on my mate’s shoulders just before. 

10 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Saw Lana at Glasto where she turned up about 40 minutes late and was cut off before playing her biggest hits. 

nice to know she's still pulling the same tricks. Shame on the festival for taking the fall for her unprofessionalism.  

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Also, R&L is now just a dance festival. It’s all you hear at the after hours stages, at the vendors, over the PAs. It’s those acts who are drawing the biggest crowds. All I’ve heard walking through the campsites all weekend is Drum n Bass coming from somewhere. 

I bet Fred has a ginormous crowd tonight. We watched the first 30 mins of Blink and then left for The Prodigy, as my wife really wanted to see them and made some valid points about seeing them on that stage being the only chance we will probably get, and they definitely got a much bigger crowd than Blink, it was really deep and quite wide. The Blink crowd was much lighter than I expected and a lot smaller the 2014 crowd considering the amount of people who were obviously on day tickets just for Blink.

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Liam Gallagher, properly brilliant tonight at Reading

ad at the end for Oasis tickets on sale from 8am Tuesday

no need to buy them after that show

I would say Tuesday at 8am is the announcement  not an on sale time 

9 hours ago, bingobear said:

I would say Tuesday at 8am is the announcement  not an on sale time 

Wasn’t obviously noticeable. They did have a lengthy technical issue though, so maybe had to cut songs due to that

Again their set was ruined by bass coming through from the Chevron stage, just couldn’t get into the vibe of it at all, with a different rhythm from over there

Luckily wasn’t as bad for Liam, strange how it varied so much

They deffo can’t have that set up again next year though

Edited by Benj

I don’t know exactly what’s causing it but yeah f**king hell the crowds were arse this time round. 

Never had such a problem getting people to f**king move when someone needs out the crowd, people elbowing for just having a small sway… someone else said it seems like people don’t even enjoy the festival, it’s very true. Don’t get why you’d spend £300 to stand chatting to your mates. 

• Like 2

I had a great time apart from the 5 hour wait to get into the festival on Friday.

I have attended most Leeds weekends since 2007, the line ups have changed from my taste over the past few years, so I have only attended twice in the past 6 years..  I last time I went in 2022, and as a young 50 year old, I thought my days of attending for the whole weekend were over as the crowd seemed very young back in 2022.

This year felt very different, loads more people the same age, and even much older than me staying for the whole weekend and people with young children etc.  Not quite as varied as Glastonbury, though for a festival that is thought of as a GSCE festival, I didn't feel too out of place (apart from the night time activities)

I really enjoyed it (highlights for me being Fred Again, Bleachers, Militarie Gun, Prodigy, Liam, Dead Pony, Amity Affliction and Loathe.

Hopefully the line up gets me back in 2025!

No oldies has always been a myth, they’ve always made up a relatively large proportion of the audience

Deffo more than usual this year though, esp Blink day where (avoiding the Chevron all day) you’d have assumed the average age of the fest was about 40…

• Upvote 2

First time back at Leeds festival in a decade for the day yesterday, crowd definitely felt the youngest I've been in for a while. Definitely agree with the large amounts of groups trying to shove through packed crowds.

Curious how big the crowd was for Fred Again, he seems like he'd be massive but the amount of people leaving the arena after Lana was insane. 

3 hours ago, Benj said:

Wasn’t obviously noticeable. They did have a lengthy technical issue though, so maybe had to cut songs due to that

Again their set was ruined by bass coming through from the Chevron stage, just couldn’t get into the vibe of it at all, with a different rhythm from over there

Luckily wasn’t as bad for Liam, strange how it varied so much

They deffo can’t have that set up again next year though

There weren't any issues with bleed to the mainstage at Leeds because there is obviously the hill down to the mainstage and while I've never been to Reading from what I have seen on TV the arena area at Leeds looks bigger too, but they definitely made The Chevron the loudest stage on site.

I can't see them binning it off as it seemed like a big success and there was always a big crowd there. Maybe they'd need to have it so it doesn't point towards the mainstage?

4 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

There weren't any issues with bleed to the mainstage at Leeds because there is obviously the hill down to the mainstage and while I've never been to Reading from what I have seen on TV the arena area at Leeds looks bigger too, but they definitely made The Chevron the loudest stage on site.

I can't see them binning it off as it seemed like a big success and there was always a big crowd there. Maybe they'd need to have it so it doesn't point towards the mainstage?

I guess with Leeds the arena is really long and skinny. So the distance between the Chevron and Main Stage seems to be enough to avoid the noise bleed that Reading seemed to have (plus you’ve the two other stages in between, a row of trees etc). But you’re right, I’m surprised they had them facing each other at Reading given they’d have acts on them at the same time. Something MSW and MSE didn’t do so sound bleed was never an issue.

Edited by FeverDream

2 hours ago, Dan R said:

First time back at Leeds festival in a decade for the day yesterday, crowd definitely felt the youngest I've been in for a while. Definitely agree with the large amounts of groups trying to shove through packed crowds.

Curious how big the crowd was for Fred Again, he seems like he'd be massive but the amount of people leaving the arena after Lana was insane. 

It was a decent size though i came into the arena to watch the last 5 songs of Lana (after watching Loathe) and that was biggest crowd I've seen for many years at Leeds for Lana.

2 hours ago, RedJosh said:

There was some sound bleed from the Chevron to the Main Stage during Fred’s set at times, especially on the left hand side. It could have been the wind bringing it down but we kept getting the odd massive blast of noise from behind. 

Lana’s crowd was HUGE. It started raining during Fred’s set and it thinned out a hell of a lot compared to when he started. Saw loads of people in waterproofs and ponchos walking off? Odd. 

2 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Yeah was hugely popular with the kids, just need to re-arrange things somehow. I think the problem would be if they face it in another direction the awful bass will head over residential areas.

Maybe some kind of sound barrier could be constructed, would cost💰💰💰though

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There was some sound bleed from the Chevron to the Main Stage during Fred’s set at times, especially on the left hand side. It could have been the wind bringing it down but we kept getting the odd massive blast of noise from behind. 

Lana’s crowd was HUGE. It started raining during Fred’s set and it thinned out a hell of a lot compared to when he started. Saw loads of people in waterproofs and ponchos walking off? Odd. 

Sonny Fedora and Wombats were overly loud last night even right at the back. All my group thought the main stage sound was very quiet all weekend.

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

We didn't hear any on Saturday, but we only saw Neck Deep and Spiritbox while there was any clashing with The Chevron, and while we were down the front we didn't hear any sound from The Chevron until we got to the top of the hill, but the wind could definitely carry and that stage was loud.

Sounds like they need a Drownload to understand what rain is like. To me a bit of mud and rain is part of a festival experience and if you can't deal with mud, it wasn't going to get muddy right at the end, the ground was pretty dry.

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Sonny Fedora and Wombats were overly loud last night even right at the back. All my group thought the main stage sound was very quiet all weekend.

Yeah, that Sonny set was insanely loud. When we were having a mooch around that end of the arena after Lana and before Fred, it was really loud. 

I thought the sound at Main was great on Saturday but yeah, Friday and Sunday has some issues in terms of seeming quiet. I think that’s down to the win both days as obviously Friday was nuts re; wind and it picked up again yesterday too.