2024 Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, Chad888 said:

A couple of things I've noticed with the announcement:

1. Seems to be the end of the US xanax rap "Lil ..... " acts.

2. The dance acts seem to be the mellow Ibiza lounge types.

3. There's a complete shift away from the drill and British rap acts.

4. The lineup seems to have moved in a new direction away from BBC Radio 1, V-fest, zeitgeist teen acts, and towards garage band indie punk and rock acts.

5. There are acts through the undercard that you will enjoy if you enjoy the headliners. 

6. There are acts that will be headlining in 5 or 10 years playing, not filled with one hit soundcloud and tik tok wonders.

I think this is the festival trying to move to a more mature audience.

Not the 1xtra tent stabbings,

Not the campfire riots and tent burnings,

Not the broke 16 year olds sitting in a campsite all day not spending a penny in an empty arena.

This is tailored to music lovers who want to go all day and watch great live bands. The last few years it's all got a bit grimey, moody, angsty, people turning up just to cause trouble. Seems to be a huge step from that and back to the music.

Not sure on all of these

1. these acts have stopped coming through in general, very much a pre-covid / covid thing

2. Not really sure on this one - Nia Archives, Pendulum, Prodigy and Skrillex hardly ibiza vibe acts. Those are 4/5 of the largest dance acts on the bill. Its as much as a mix as ever i think, they have just booked the most hyped dance acts of the year

3. UK rappers will 100% be back, theres no way acts like AJ Tracey won't be returning eventually

4/5. agree

6. there's definitely still a healthy smothering of tiktok acts, along with some great bookings that will age well

---

It will be interesting to see if it stays this dancey next year

15 hours ago, VCK2 said:

It's pretty much a dead cert that Squire will appear with Liam, right?

He didn't last time so i wouldn't count on it

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, nathanh said:

This is something im interested by as well because i think we will run out of Dance acts that are headline level

There’s still some of the usual lot like Solardo, MK, Andy C. I could see Bicep returning to that stage too. They could have hip hop acts on there too. 

If the festivals going to enter a more dance dominated era does that mean we are also likely to see Dance main headliners like Fred more likely? If so who would they be I'm drawing a blank. Chase and Status? Calvin Harris?

Edited by nathanh

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

If the festivals going to enter a more dance dominated era does that mean we are also likely to see Dance main headliners like Fred more likely? If so who would they be I'm drawing a blank. Chase and Status? Calvin Harris?

The only one I can see is Chase and Status really. I don’t think we’re entering a more dance dominated era higher up the stages, it’s just we might see more DnB artist, for example, on the main stage etc. 

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

I can't imagine anyone who isn't Fred tbh. He's massive, and has the versatility to pull of a full headlining set. Looks like a bunch of dance music will start to get booked further down the line-up hopefully.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Sellout in Reading, but reckon Leeds might only make it a few weeks before.

Regardless, after what I believe were sluggish sales last year - with a very good top-line trio, in my opinion - it'll be a significant boost.

Will 100% be busier than last year i can imagine

1 minute ago, CG31 said:

Reckon anymore more added on the main stages?

Currently 5 + 2 headliners every day, but then one day will have 21 Savage so 

I’m expecting one more act on each of the other two days to make it up to 8 acts like the LG day. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m expecting one more act on each of the other two days to make it up to 8 acts like the LG day. 

Was hoping so, as long as the option to go Courting -> LDP/Wunderhorse -> Wunderhorse/LDP exists I’ll be a happy man 

Also, Prodigy in a tent is orgasmic

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Was 9 pre 2020 wasn’t it?

Wouldnt be surprised if they reduce it. Hopefully we’ll get longer sets rather than longer gaps…

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Was 9 pre 2020 wasn’t it?

Wouldnt be surprised if they reduce it. Hopefully we’ll get longer sets rather than longer gaps…

Yep just reminded myself of the poster because I wasnt there that year but it was 9 per day on mainstage and 10/11 on R1 

17 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

So are we still expecting 5 more main stage acts across the weekends?

Would like to hope so but could also be as little as 2 (to get them all up to the 8 on the sunday reading) if they are prioritising budgets. Hopeful based on the tents return that they arent overly worried about saving too much as long as the people come. 

And roughly another 13 across the weekend for R1 with any luck to get to 10 acts a day

Edited by nathanh

I put the lineup into the old style poster format (cba to change dates or stage names etc), guess we still have a LOT more acts to be announced. I wanted to see what we are still missing from what we used to have almost 10 years ago now.

5 more for Main Stage,

25 for R1 stage,

8 for Dance (Chevron)

16 for FR

plus probably another 90 across the other unannounced stages (1xtra, pit, alternative, introducing..)

RL24.jpg

Edited by Chad888