2024 Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, festiall said:

Barry Cant Swim has been moved earlier and now shortened 5pm - 6pm clashes with Fontaines now. Raging was excited to catch his whole set now will miss the first 20 mins

EDIT: This only seams to be for leeds? 

Absolutely fuming about the changes, was looking forward to seeing Goddard but now he clashes with Raye, who is a must see for most of our group who have never seen her live. 

6 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Absolutely fuming about the changes, was looking forward to seeing Goddard but now he clashes with Raye, who is a must see for most of our group who have never seen her live. 

just annoying to change it so late. They should have just found a replacement for Digga D instead of moving everything about 

14 minutes ago, Trnsmt12311 said:

just annoying to change it so late. They should have just found a replacement for Digga D instead of moving everything about 

Aye, we're just going for the day and Goddard was our plan for getting in early and then see someone we really wanted to see, theres now no one on early for us to see. 

26 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Does anyone else think Prodigy might get a bigger crowd thank Blink?

Not played the festival for 15 years. Blink played twice since.

New stage with amazing light show. Suited more to younger people 

Last time they played the crowd was unreal.

This point holds zero weight - reckon what 5% absolute max have kept going since Blink last played in 2014 lol

The size of Chevron will be a limiting factor I think

30 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I’ve no doubt Prodigy are more relevant with todays demographic than Blink. 

31 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Aye, we're just going for the day and Goddard was our plan for getting in early and then see someone we really wanted to see, theres now no one on early for us to see. 

I reccomend 4AM KRU. I seen them 3x absolutely brilliant. Will be class on the chevron stage 

21 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Catfish playing Spurs ground and Millennium Stadium is absolutely wild. Quite the leap and I say that as a fan

Agree. Will be interesting to see the price. I certainly wouldn’t pay more than say £65 a ticket to see them, but with it being stadiums I wonder if it’ll push £90+.

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

No

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Agree. Will be interesting to see the price. I certainly wouldn’t pay more than say £65 a ticket to see them, but with it being stadiums I wonder if it’ll push £90+.

Surely can’t charge close to £90 when the stadiums are already ambitious. Also interesting there’s no dates in their heartland areas of Manchester and Glasgow - Trnsmt nailed on.

21 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Some drone footage here of the chevron stage at Reading https://x.com/droneskyshark/status/1824775120788828385?s=46&t=pI72sf3_Rr0DRG2bPU0PDA

Looks a little lame there but hard to judge really.  

Confirm the R1 stage is still small, really hoping they have new screens in at least

1 hour 45 min gap between the end of Bad Nerves and the start of Amity Affliction on the FR stage on Friday (Reading). Seeing as they’ve not replaced the likes of Digga D, I Wouldn’t put it past them to just leave this as a gap though. 

49 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Some drone footage here of the chevron stage at Reading https://x.com/droneskyshark/status/1824775120788828385?s=46&t=pI72sf3_Rr0DRG2bPU0PDA

The Chevron layout is interesting because the LED's obviously come down at the side so you'd have to be in the middle or central at the back to be able to see the stage when the lights are on as they'll likely block off that bit to stop people touching or climbing on the lights etc 

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Surely can’t charge close to £90 when the stadiums are already ambitious. Also interesting there’s no dates in their heartland areas of Manchester and Glasgow - Trnsmt nailed on.

Ah yeah good point tbf. I think also the fact it’s on sale pretty much a year in advance indicates they may not expect it to sell out 

35 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Ah yeah good point tbf. I think also the fact it’s on sale pretty much a year in advance indicates they may not expect it to sell out 

surely there'll be an album in the meantime? 

They're such a weirdly marketed band. Also, apparently they didn't play their new single at the comeback shows. 

Will be interested to see if they get a decent sized crowd at Reading on Sunday. Are they really that big or is it a loud online minority? 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They're such a weirdly marketed band. Also, apparently they didn't play their new single at the comeback shows. 

Will be interested to see if they get a decent sized crowd at Reading on Sunday. Are they really that big or is it a loud online minority? 

See that’s the thing I’d have assumed new album this year but then they haven’t played the new song as you said. I’d imagine they’ll get a pretty healthy crowd at R&L

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They do have a big pull but their biggest headline gigs to date have been this summer during their comeback hype - Edinburgh Highland Centre (35,000 cap) and Liverpool Sefton Park (30,000 cap), Cardiff Castle (10,000 cap). Before that it was arenas, Neighbourhood Weekender and Swansea Singleton Park (5,000 cap) and the R&L MSW headline set.