2024 Festival

Chad888

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry am I being thick... aren't Catfish supposed to be on now and showing on iPlayer live?

I specifically checked yesterday and it said both Catfish and Liam will be showed live on iPlayer...?

They're at Reading on Sunday so the livestream will be of those sets, not Leeds tonight.

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

They're at Reading on Sunday so the livestream will be of those sets, not Leeds tonight.

You're kidding no way?! Multiple sites said all of Leeds fully streamed live. f**k!!! 

Appreciate the response btw!

Edited by Stokesy10

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

It's been the way for years. Even as far back as 2005/06 it was only Reading getting TV broadcast.

Yeh I thought that... and I even saw an article mentioning that for the first time it's all being completely live streamed. I'm sure it was Radio Times, or similar. That had got me through work today knowing a bottle of bourbon and those two sets were waiting for me 😄 oh well. Bowie 2000 Glasto set for the 1000th time it is!

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I'd be surprised, don't festivals well cover themselves with T+Cs saying the likes of "lineup subject to change" 

Theres change and then theres this. This is a significan change which i highly doubt that would cover. They need to be handing refunds out.

I can see both sides of this, the organisers can't be blamed for the weather but equally so I can see why people would be thoroughly frustrated by what's happening 

That being said, I don't see how FR can dismiss people saying that losing 2 stages (3 on the Friday) isn't a significant change 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's been the way for years. Even as far back as 2005/06 it was only Reading getting TV broadcast.

In 2006 when the BBC first took over the coverage, the NME/Radio 1 Stage was broadcast from Leeds.

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can see both sides of this, the organisers can't be blamed for the weather but equally so I can see why people would be thoroughly frustrated by what's happening 

That being said, I don't see how FR can dismiss people saying that losing 2 stages (3 on the Friday) isn't a significant change 

It was in the forecast and they should have prepared better. Whether they could have prevented it well who knows.

The chev might not be open tomorrow at Leeds either. They need to offer something, even money off next year.

Edited by wghennessy

4 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

It was in the forecast and they should have prepared better. Whether they could have prevented it well who knows.

How would you prepare for that? The stages are temporary structures in the middle of a field. They could've taken some of it down but it takes time (hours or even days) to put it up again.