2024 Festival

Chad888

I was really surprised to see the FR tent full to the brim and spilling out the back and sides for a band like The Amity Affliction on Saturday. It wasn’t just people waiting around for Neck Deep either because you could hear the crowd inside singing along and there were large numbers leaving after the set. Neck Deep’s set was even busier.

Liam, the king 👑 Still buzzing from his set. Love that the stage looks like the Definitely Maybe cover and the visuals and animations on the screens are amazing, too. Not to mention that Oasis announcement teaser at the end 🙌

Finally I got to see Lana , well there were some issues with the sound and her set cut short, but still happy. Too bad she rarely plays her own concerts over here

1 hour ago, Drella said:

Liam, the king 👑 Still buzzing from his set. Love that the stage looks like the Definitely Maybe cover and the visuals and animations on the screens are amazing, too. Not to mention that Oasis announcement teaser at the end 🙌

incredible wasn't it? the quality and size of the screens really allowed us to see the visuals, when I saw him at Co-Op we were a bit far away to take that aspect in (not to mention I'd had loads of beers...). Love hearing the lesser played tracks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

incredible wasn't it? the quality and size of the screens really allowed us to see the visuals, when I saw him at Co-Op we were a bit far away to take that aspect in (not to mention I'd had loads of beers...). Love hearing the lesser played tracks 

Yup.  Visuals were ace. Really added to the show

I've not been to Leeds fest since the Foos in 2019 as the lineups have not been good enough and Shambala is the same weekend.

However, reading this thread has made me happy that the festival may be turning a corner. Really glad to hear Blink were great and not as past it as I thought and watching videos of Lana Del Rey has made me want to see her live surprisingly

8 hours ago, JayA5 said:

Done well to work around the stage closures at Leeds - the acts I wanted to see managed to reschedule bar 2 that ended up doing gigs in the City Centre (which we couldn't make but it was a nice touch)

Which two put on gigs in Leeds city centre? Totally missed that!

14 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Which two put on gigs in Leeds city centre? Totally missed that!

Yeah, I was referencing Corella playing key club and Crawlers too (think James Marriott was also meant to be on so did a gig in the centre and they offered to be support) 

On 8/26/2024 at 5:00 PM, jonnyisRFC said:

Positives at Reading.

-Some wicked performances from Blink, Neck Deep, Kneecap, Deijavhs, Militarie Gun, Destroy Boys and Amity Affliction. 

-Didn’t feel overcrowded in the arena once, campsite was really quiet too with plenty of room. 

-Less d*ckheads and a slightly older crowd than usual. 

-Chevron stage isn’t my cup of tea, but it’s really cool. 

-Easy to smuggle cans in the arena, anyone else notice they don’t pat you down anymore? Maybe I just got lucky. 

Negatives at Reading. 

- No effort to try and replace the bands that pulled out, no secret sets. 

- £25 entry for the silent disco, the music is absolutely sh*te too, surely they should have a separate channel that plays rock, indie, punk etc..

-Sound bleed on the main stage, I was about 50 rows back but to the right of the stage for Liam last night, but all I could hear and feel was the base from Skrillex. 

-Queues for the bar on Friday, no idea what that was about. It was sorted for Saturday and Sunday though.

-Price of food was sickening. I understand their fees are high for having a pitch, but the standard of the food and portions are terrible when you compare it to the likes of Glastonbury. 

glad to hear they sorted out the bar queues for the rest of the weekend or was it just a case of all the blink day trippers (myself included) on the Friday as opposed to the demographic the rest of the weekend? Felt like they simply didn't have enough bars or bar staff.

3 minutes ago, some dude said:

glad to hear they sorted out the bar queues for the rest of the weekend or was it just a case of all the blink day trippers (myself included) on the Friday as opposed to the demographic the rest of the weekend? Felt like they simply didn't have enough bars or bar staff.

Think it was a bit of both, more supply, less demand