2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Considering any half big act are charging mega money for a 2 hour show, it's no surprise. It's in line with the market. 

Admittedly, I bought the tickets a year in advance but tickets for The Cure are/were £56.

Bands do still have a say in the ticket price - see Paul Heaton's recent comments. Some acts are just milking their fanbase.

On topic, I was expecting £310 tops for Glastonbury this year, so was quite surprised by the hike. It's still good value for money but it's also pricing a lot of people out and that is affecting the demographic. Do we need more rich people at Glastonbury? It's moved a long way from its original roots.

1 hour ago, rgill3 said:

I don’t mind - I think its worth every penny.

But I’m 23 and have decent paying job and no major responsibilities in terms of bills so quite fortunate I can make the decision to pay. Gutted for those who’ve been priced out as it’s a tremendous jump in price.

For me its not now, it's changed a lot but I do want my ten years to bow out on. Then it'll be 11 after that lol.

58 minutes ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury is a different kettle of fish to a one off gig, though. Including travel, food, drink and camping gear, we’re now looking at the price of an all inclusive holiday. It may very well sell out in seconds again, but Glastonbury sits in the holiday bracket, not a one off event.

Yeah I find it mad how people just justify it by saying this band cost this. For one, you have the comfort of being indoors meaning no weather issues and two you can get as close as you want in your chosen area.  At Glastonbury, you might see the headliner but unless you've really made effort in getting close it won't be the same.

Edited by thewayiam

A bit more than I thought it would be but it still represents decent value for money when you take into consideration the amount, sometimes over a hundred quid, currently being charged for one off gigs.  Pre erected camping costs will be increased given that the prices for this year were set in 2019.  If it wasn’t for our increasing years we would have loved to go back to the halcyon days of camping down on site but it will be WV again if we get tickets. 

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

For one, you have the comfort of being indoors meaning no weather issues.

Yea massive risk IMO.

I struggle to imagine how terrible it could be with 5 days of heavy rain, crap tent in a pile of mud. No way to properly dry off.

Just now, Skip997 said:

This is my main concern, this is just going to take the festival further from that.

Been that way for decades now. Arcadia, Glastonbury on Sea, The Park, the SE Corner, insurance, security, megafences et al. 

Long way away from strolling in from the hippy van with a pocket of cheap hash.

I "made my money back" this year by 7pm on the Friday I calculated from the bands I saw.

Just now, The Nal said:

Been that way for decades now. Arcadia, Glastonbury on Sea, The Park, the SE Corner, insurance, security, megafences et al. 

I "made my money back" this year by 7pm on the Friday I calculated from the bands I saw.

I'm occasionally reminded of a comment I made in the mid 90's. It was along the lines of

"this is my last Glastonbury, it's become far too mainstream"

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Yea massive risk IMO.

I struggle to imagine how terrible it could be with 5 days of heavy rain, crap tent in a pile of mud. No way to properly dry off.

Not sure if serious but at the start it's okay but I'm now heading towards a combination of 40 festivals in if I haven't topped that now which is quite probable. About 20 of that is actual weekends from when I was 18 and you just ask yourself  when you've been there, done it and seen it, is it worth it.

17 minutes ago, northernringo said:

For me now, it would likely come down to who is playing.

I'm not trying for tickets this year due to my wedding being a couple of weeks after, but in future if I was lucky enough to get a ticket I'd base my decision on who was playing. Cant afford to pay that much if the headliners are people I've zero interest in, despite how good the rest of the festival is.

This is increasingly a bit of a 'thing' for Glasto – who is playing these days that you absolutely cannot see anywhere else? The likes of Arcadia, Shangri-La etc. are a unique feature, but if you're judging the decision to buy tickets based on the line-up, I'm not sure what Glastonbury line-up would do it for me given that the main stages have a very heavy Radio 1 influence, and they rarely (ever?) get exclusive headliners.

I went into 2023 thinking the same thing as you've said here (I am also getting married so... congrats!/I can relate), I'm just not sure there's anyone they announce that'll justify the cost. Prince back from the dead maybe? Daft Punk reunion?

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You're right, of course.

But the Leftfield tent (and politics at Glastonbury) gets grief from some festival goers - even on this forum. And a lot of people spend zero time or thought in the green and healing fields. These are the bits of 'old glastonbury' that have survived. How long until these are evicted or leave of their own choice? Or VIP circles or enclosures start springing up?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

The journey to £400 in 5 years just got a lot closer. Hooray for the pound vs the dollar being even, its a bargain.

Five years? It'll be there in 2. 

At the start of this decade price rises were about 4% per festival. 

In the second half price rises were 6% per festival. 

This skews that average to 8% which would put 2025 tickets at £402. 

2 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

and they rarely (ever?) get exclusive headliners

Billie was a European festival exclusive and would have been a world festival exclusive if coachella didn't need a last min stand in.

Macca was a World festival exclusive

Kendrick was a UK exclusive

They don't advertise it and for these acts to make the money that Glastonbury pay worth it have to do other shows.

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea massive risk IMO.

Many many including me and Mrs C have done the muddy wet and sometimes cold ones and enjoyed them immensely. We’ve been spoiled with the good weather recently since the quagmire of2016!😊.  

5 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

You're right, of course.

But the Leftfield tent (and politics at Glastonbury) gets grief from some festival goers - even on this forum. And a lot of people spend zero time or thought in the green and healing fields. These are the bits of 'old glastonbury' that have survived. How long until these are evicted or leave of their own choice? Or VIP circles or enclosures start springing up?

The vast majority of the old school long term Glastonbury types I know that are still going are in the SE corner, Green Fields, healing fields and Acoustic.

I still believe that Michael realises how important these people were, and still are to the festival. He's also friends with some of them. He also likes to keep at least some of the original vibe where possible.