2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

The Common 100% works still and they just got the rumshack this year. Unfairground is crying out for change

Rumshack wasn't new this year. 

Unfairground defo needs a shake up but it's not going to happen when the budget is frozen.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

see follow up 

set infrastructure is already paid for ...... new stuff needs to be paid for 

It doesn't necessarily follow that their overall costs must be more though. 

Hard to say without seeing budgets but if you know you've a big capital expenditure to pay for you can look to make efficiency elsewhere in budgets or have it depreciated over a number of years on the accounts to lower the initial cost. 

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Hard to say without seeing budgets but if you know you've a big capital expenditure to pay for you can look to make efficiency elsewhere in budgets or have it depreciated over a number of years on the accounts to lower the initial cost. 

much as everyone wants some refresh I absolutely cant see it happening during this shit thats going on .... and they wont be reducing punters either ..... 

15 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

How you show it in the accounts is one thing and paying for it is another.  Areas such as Shangri-La receive a budget from the festival to stage their area.  If they buy a massive new set piece or create a new stage it still needs to be paid for, either from the budget (which was frozen for 2022) or by borrowing, unless they have reserve funds sitting around, which I doubt. 

2023 isn't going to see many changes - unless it's something that is cheaper than what they have done previously. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

2023 isn't going to see many changes - unless it's something that is cheaper than what they have done previously. 

only things we might see is updated Arcadia ...ongoing project , maybe Silver Hayes as that is in the  process of changing , and maybe a replacement for the mouldy Genosys ?  

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You can’t plug a 24 pack of beers up your arse mate.

Its a bit easier to police than disco powder!

Everything is pluggable with some imagination....

The point I meant was that there isn't the security to count 24 cans for everyone. People with big trolleys of booze would say it's split between the group, despite them all having another crate in their backpack.  They don't have time to check you don't have more crates in your backpack/daysack/ up your arse. Or that you've got the allowed mix between wine/beer/cocktail cans.

It was probably 1 in 200 people got a minimal pat down when I went in this year. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

only things we might see is updated Arcadia ...ongoing project , maybe Silver Hayes as that is in the  process of changing , and maybe a replacement for the mouldy Genosys ?  

Yeah maybe... but I'd guess Arcadia's budget will be the same as always.  This year, they brought the spider back and spent it all on DJ's.  If they use up their budget on the helicopter, next year they won't have big name DJ's again. 

Silver Hayes just borrowed LSTD's stage, so that's probably a cheaper option!

I reckon Genosys will just be the bus again.  But I think that worked well, tbh.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Everything is pluggable with some imagination....

The point I meant was that there isn't the security to count 24 cans for everyone. People with big trolleys of booze would say it's split between the group, despite them all having another crate in their backpack.  They don't have time to check you don't have more crates in your backpack/daysack/ up your arse. Or that you've got the allowed mix between wine/beer/cocktail cans.

It was probably 1 in 200 people got a minimal pat down when I went in this year. 

Boomtown manage it.

Most smaller/boutique festivals have alcohol limits too. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Boomtown manage it.

Most smaller/boutique festivals have alcohol limits too. 

Do they though? In practice, not theory. The alcohol limits at wilderness are more a token to appease the council since it was never checked. I wasn't checked at all at Boomtown.

There's also the scaling issue with that many ticket holders entering. 

I'm not trying to say it's impossible for them to write that as a condition of entry, just that in practice it'd be very difficult to enforce in a way that would realistically reduce the alcohol an individual can bring in. Especially considering there are barely any checks currently. 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Do they though? In practice, not theory. The alcohol limits at wilderness are more a token to appease the council since it was never checked. I wasn't checked at all at Boomtown.

I'm not trying to say it's impossible for them to write that as a condition of entry, just that in practice it'd be very difficult to enforce in a way that would realistically reduce the alcohol an individual can bring in. Especially considering there are barely any checks currently. 

If you are coming by car then surely a few trips to the  car. As you say not enforceable.  

21 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't think Glasto will do impose this - it's one of the Glasto perks. 

But it's totally enforceable to a meaningful level.  People come through the gates with sack barrows full of crates for example. They could also say 'no spirits allowed' and that's also easy to enforce.  It happens at lots of festivals.  Boomtown absolutely do enforce it and we've lost booze there before! 

15 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

If you are coming by car then surely a few trips to the  car. As you say not enforceable.  

Festivals that have alcohol restrictions state alcohol is only allowed on first entry. 

23 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That does now feel like some sort of challenge. 

19 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Hold my beer. 

😂

• Upvote 1

One thing that, in my opinion, isn’t understood  in by some folk is the feel good factor for want of a better phrase. That incredible high you experience when you have success on ticket day.  Then you have months of anticipation, checking the most recent rumours followed by the incredible build up to the festival.  It’s almost impossible to put a price on this, something I don’t get with other things such as gigs, holidays etc.  All this is part of what I reckon is good value for money and why it will sell out as quickly as possible, though I really do sympathise with those who feel priced out of this. 

• Upvote 2