2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

18 minutes ago, stanh said:

Yeah, would be very useful, I do similar for my Glastonbury ticket, and just put 'X' amount into my savings account each pay day, so I know if I'm successful getting tickets I'll have the money already there for it. Definitely think having monthly payment/Klarna options helps festivals with a younger clientele shift tickets.

Yeah deffo... She normally borrows off me which I never get back so Iam  pleased she's took responsibility for her own ticket🤣

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Lineup very poorly received i think - boardmasters is the same audience mostly and sold out a while back

Boardmasters is slowly becoming a bigger player, I'd argue that this year is their biggest lineup to date, despite some lukewarm responses by a fair few ticket holders. I wonder how many in the south west choose Boardmasters over Reading these days? As you say, the demographic is largely similar. Victorious, held over the same weekend, seems to be also gaining momentum. Definitely bound to affect Reading's sales.

I think RnL have struggled with their identity for a while now. It always used to be a distant second behind the Big G in my eyes. Not sure I can say that now. 

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Boardmasters is slowly becoming a bigger player, I'd argue that this year is their biggest lineup to date, despite some lukewarm responses by a fair few ticket holders. I wonder how many in the south west choose Boardmasters over Reading these days? As you say, the demographic is largely similar. Victorious, held over the same weekend, seems to be also gaining momentum. Definitely bound to affect Reading's sales.

I think RnL have struggled with their identity for a while now. It always used to be a distant second behind the Big G in my eyes. Not sure I can say that now. 

I hadn't seen their lineup. That's pretty decent. 

17 hours ago, gfa said:

Seems to be the smaller fests doing poorly while larger ones are doing very well. best download sales for years, boardmasters all out, boomtown seems to be doing decently too and imagine creamfields will too etc. Reading the only one seeming to be doing poorly.

Pretty similar story to last year, interesting read i must say. Confused how there's a fencing shortage though!

Don't think they said there was a fencing shortage, just that it was another area where prices had gone up. Would guess through staffing and transport mostly.

There were shortages during covid cos all that infrastructure stuff was being used at testing and vaccination sites.

12 hours ago, gfa said:

its kind of mad that nobody thought of it sooner. I bet for Reading/Boardmasters they shift a very large amount through these plans.

was glasto the first to do it (albeit the deposit thing vs monthly payments)

Coachella has had a payment plan since 2008 and then started the blind presale  with payments in june of 2011 when 2 weekends were introduced. Lots of fests here  currently do $9 - $19 down payment then you start paying it off later. Ticketmaster started accepting klarna around 2019.

The benefit for Glasto having payment plan is they would be gaining some extra funds via interest accrued over those few months instead of just taking all the money during balance window and only skirt the tax stuff. Payments could possibly change the audience because you wouldnt have that extra time to save up the money for balance window as opposed to making payments each month.

will be interesting to see how many people cant pay it off next month and put their ticket back in. 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Coachella has had a payment plan since 2008 and then started the blind presale  with payments in june of 2011 when 2 weekends were introduced. Lots of fests here  currently do $9 - $19 down payment then you start paying it off later. Ticketmaster started accepting klarna around 2019.

The benefit for Glasto having payment plan is they would be gaining some extra funds via interest accrued over those few months instead of just taking all the money during balance window and only skirt the tax stuff. Payments could possibly change the audience because you wouldnt have that extra time to save up the money for balance window as opposed to making payments each month.

will be interesting to see how many people cant pay it off next month and put their ticket back in. 

Good point to be fair, i'm sure a lot of people on here given the option would just pay it off straight away anyway. I know that I likely would if possible

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be interesting if they declared that number ahead of the sale. I'm thinking no more than a 10% return

No idea what the actual percentage will be - we've only ever been able to guess at it - but my gut feeling is that it'll be nowhere near the level they saw last year, and probably not much outside the normal margin of error on this.

43 minutes ago, incident said:

No idea what the actual percentage will be - we've only ever been able to guess at it - but my gut feeling is that it'll be nowhere near the level they saw last year, and probably not much outside the normal margin of error on this.

agree

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, carlsberg said:

Selling a festival ticket with premium snowboard hire, goggles and helmet hire.  Cost £539.55, will sell for £400.  Have email confirmation etc.

unable to travel due to illness

Snow in Somerset? In June? 
Bloody climate change.

Helmet could be useful.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

above post reported please do not fall for this or quote it . not sure there will be a need for snowboards in June anyway ? is this a nal alt account ? 

Oops... quoted it lol 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

above post reported please do not fall for this or quote it . not sure there will be a need for snowboards in June anyway ? is this a nal alt account ? 

I’m guessing they’re talking about a Snowbombing festival ticket, but just worked it very badly for a Glasto forum?