Download 2024

FeverDream

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Same. But would need to know that at least Dogtooth would be cashing with main headliners to have an alternative. 

2008 actually had a fair bit for me.

43 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

don't see why Green Day are ruled out. They are clearly doing late summer dates in US because of Smashing Pumpkins who are touring in june 

also think that they are bringing SP to support in headline dates around Europe, that's why they are doing UK with Weezer

if anything this announcement made it clear to me that Green Day are doing a UK festival next summer instead of another stadium run

Green Day are doing a UK stadium tour ruling them completely out of Download.

Let’s have a go… 

APEX: Fall Out Boy / Enter Shikari / While She Sleeps / Bad Omens / Creeper / Wargasm / Static Dress  

OPUS: Pantera / Bruce Dickinson 

AVALANCHE: The Menzingers 

DOGTOOTH: Sick Of It All 

APEX: Queens Of The Stone Age / Limp Bizkit / Alice In Chains / The Pretty Reckless / The Interrupters / Feeder / Cassyette  

OPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: Bury Tomorrow  

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder 

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Killswitch Engage / Spiritbox / Babymetal / Bleed From Within / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Sabaton / The Darkness

AVALANCHE: Yellowcard 

DOGTOOTH: Periphery 

23 minutes ago, northernangel said:

2008 actually had a fair bit for me.

Green Day are doing a UK stadium tour ruling them completely out of Download.

That's not been confirmed anywhere. The poster said EU/UK you're next, which could mean "your dates are coming next."

Any idea when the next announcement is?

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

On a side note, I get that gigs are expensive these days but £150 for Cardiff Castle for The Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer is just insane. Other venues are way cheaper (though still like £85 which is alot) I don't get why the dramatic increase just cuz of the venue. 

The tickets for Cardiff Castle were £82.50 similar to the other venues but it seems to have pretty much sold out and so the increased prices you’re seeing are dynamic pricing or resellers at work. 

56 minutes ago, nicolaspepsi said:

Fall out boy is a headliner possibility????? Come on.... That is a third o fourth level band.

Hope: Pearl jam, Qotsa, the strokes, foo fighters, the cure. Please god, something good

This is a ridiculous take. They're a solid arena level band.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I said 2025. I think they'll get them and foos

It hasn't but the sun are saying uk stadium tour.

The sun said "stadium sized." Download is stadium sized.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nicolaspepsi said:

Fall out boy is a headliner possibility????? Come on.... That is a third o fourth level band.

Hope: Pearl jam, Qotsa, the strokes, foo fighters, the cure. Please god, something good

Given they were sub headlining last time they played they're a headliner. No chance of the Foo Fighters as they have a stadium tour with a date directly on Download weekend 

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

No they didn't, they said stadium tour of the UK. Don't try and make it into your own words in the hope they are playing a festival they do not need to ever play.

Direct quote from the article...

“A string of stadium level gigs have been lined up over the summer - it’s going to be huge.”

55 minutes ago, mikeh said:

Direct quote from the article...

“A string of stadium level gigs have been lined up over the summer - it’s going to be huge.”

36 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

They actually said stadium sized not stadiums 

To put it a bit more blunt for you guys to understand. A string or stadium or stadium levels gigs rules them out of download! 

Screenshot_20231020_233222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_233231_Chrome.jpg