Download 2024

FeverDream

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hellfest still has 3 headliners to announce, Copenhell still has 2 (or 3?), Greenfield still has 1. Graspop, Rock Wechter, Pinkpop, Resurrection and a bunch of others haven't announced yet. Still headliner level bands we don't know about to come. 

I feel like Copenhell might get some of the acts around like Parkway Drive. Same for Graspop. Avenged will do a few you’ve mentioned. Can imagine Rock Werchter will probably be Green Day, Foos and Pearl Jam. 

35 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Festivals themselves have said that the headliner pool this year was weak.

The only big band we are doing loads of fests is Green Day and the UK is their biggest cash cow. Download can't compete with an offer like a festival that can say similar to Download, plus the two biggest stadiums in the UK and an outdoor show in Glasgow.

Only other big name that is doing any fests is Foos who are doing one show at Hellfest, which is why they moved their festival a week and will be Foos biggest ever UK show, plus 7 massive stadiums shows in the UK before going back to the US.

I will never understand the download exclusive logic. They could feasibly book both green Day and foos provided they get their own tour dates in, and sell the festival out. It's a win for everyone.

The alternative is foos are playing in the UK on download weekend and punters may opt for their show over download.

13 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hellfest still has 3 headliners to announce, Copenhell still has 2 (or 3?), Greenfield still has 1. Graspop, Rock Wechter, Pinkpop, Resurrection and a bunch of others haven't announced yet. Still headliner level bands we don't know about to come. 

Hellfest, Resurrection and Graspop will all have Avenged and I wouldn't be surprised if all didn't have Bring Me either.

Resurrection and Greenfield normally have a couple of smaller headliners than Download, Hellfest and Graspop.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Sabaton doing headline slots in Europe and a second stage headline slot at Download. Same for Judas Priest.

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like Copenhell might get some of the acts around like Parkway Drive. Same for Graspop. Avenged will do a few you’ve mentioned. Can imagine Rock Werchter will probably be Green Day, Foos and Pearl Jam. 

Foos start their US tour on the 7th July. Wertcher is 4th-6th. I think it is unlikely.

Green Day have the gap and I assume they do it.

Pearl Jam is anyone's guess.

Nova rock festival announcement in Austria same weekend as download has gone live. Headliners green day, avenged sevenfold, maneskin and bring me the horizon. 
obviously we won’t be getting maneskin …however I’d love to see them at download .maybe not headline though. 
green day …maybe ? Bmth not 2 years running . Which leaves avenged ….and they can only play Saturday or Sunday slots they are at nova rock on Friday . Are they big enough for a Saturday headline slot …I’m thinking no but what’s everyone else’s thoughts 

33 minutes ago, Hazz said:

Nova rock festival announcement in Austria same weekend as download has gone live. Headliners green day, avenged sevenfold, maneskin and bring me the horizon. 
obviously we won’t be getting maneskin …however I’d love to see them at download .maybe not headline though. 
green day …maybe ? Bmth not 2 years running . Which leaves avenged ….and they can only play Saturday or Sunday slots they are at nova rock on Friday . Are they big enough for a Saturday headline slot …I’m thinking no but what’s everyone else’s thoughts 

Avenged are headlining the Sunday of download. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hazz said:

The day the band plays is down to their touring schedule not their size 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Top 10 bands we hope to be announced? 

In no particular order:

Fightstar

Between the Buried and Me

Free Throw (outside chance, but not at Slam Dunk yet)

Avenged Sevenfold

Agent Fresco

El Moono

Skin Failure

Dream Widow (Dave Grohl secret set)

Holding Absence

Delaire The Liar

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Unless they’re a European exclusive for 2024. 

There's that but Fall Out Boy seem an odd choice to make a European exclusive deal for, you'd usually do that for someone massive that would get people to go to different countries to see them like Rock Am Ring did with Foo Fighters. 

As popular as Fall Out Boy are I don't think they have that kind of pulling power. 

Purely to play Devil's advocate (as I don't seriously believe they will do it) but Rammstein announced alot of extra dates for the cities they are playing but not either of the French ones. They have Fri and Sun of Download free and the Sat of Hellfest free. Also have first 3 days of Graspop free and are playing Netherlands right beforehand. And the tour finishes in Germany the day Wacken starts, who have at least one more headliner to announce.

Coincidence? Surely....but if they were gonna do a few select festivals on the side of their tour dates then those 4 would be logical choices. Especially as they are essentially next door for each date.

LIke I said, just playing devil's advocate! 

12 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Purely to play Devil's advocate (as I don't seriously believe they will do it) but Rammstein announced alot of extra dates for the cities they are playing but not either of the French ones. They have Fri and Sun of Download free and the Sat of Hellfest free. Also have first 3 days of Graspop free and are playing Netherlands right beforehand. And the tour finishes in Germany the day Wacken starts, who have at least one more headliner to announce.

Coincidence? Surely....but if they were gonna do a few select festivals on the side of their tour dates then those 4 would be logical choices. Especially as they are essentially next door for each date.

LIke I said, just playing devil's advocate! 

The band has already said all European dates have been announced.

Edited by Marka23

40 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

The band has already said all European dates have been announced.

''All cities for the Rammstein Europe Stadium Tour 2024 have now been announced.'' 

Like I said I'm just playing devil's advocate as technically festivals wouldn't count as part of a stadium tour especially as it would have to be a very different set up.

All in seriousness though, no I don't think they will play.

4 hours ago, Hazz said:

Greenday are playing isle of Wight and that's a uk exclusive so they're ruled out . 

Avenged playing nova on a friday means Saturday would be ruled out as a day of rest and travelling which means Sunday is only day they could do . 

Bring me possible but again highly unlikely because of this year played. 

34 minutes ago, mattowler said:

Greenday are playing isle of Wight and that's a uk exclusive so they're ruled out . 

Avenged playing nova on a friday means Saturday would be ruled out as a day of rest and travelling which means Sunday is only day they could do . 

Bring me possible but again highly unlikely because of this year played. 

So that surely means Alice Cooper, Avril Lavigne, Sum 41 and Against The Current are not at Download. Machine Head can only be Sunday and to be honest fit under A7X. Corey Taylor, Billy Talent, Mudvayne are either Saturday or Sunday.

I still think Sum-41 are a shoe in. Last time they played, Deryck told this story about how he had a photo of their Download second stage crowd by his bed in hospital and that was the thing that made him decide to... (insert inspirational comeback story). If it's a final tour, I think they might've actively sought Download out as a last UK date. I've got them headlining the second stage.

Edited by Heyzoos