Download 2024

FeverDream

Spiral Low makes a good point that the Opus headliners have finished before Apex for the last couple of years. Last time I went to a second stage headliner (about 6-7 years ago) that wasn't the case.

Any chance they'll revert to a timeslot that gives a genuine second headliner alternative, given the reaction to the Apex headliners?

Ask your mate for us Judas Yeast 😉

I guess the counter argument would be that you'd risk emptying the field at Apex a bit. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

£350 seems nuts for a three day lineup Download. Is this just the standard for festivals now or have they gone a bit far on that pricing? I know Glastonbury is similar/more… but that’s Glastonbury. 

Way too expensive for what they’ve produced. For what it’s worth I think it’s a good lineup but to have Slipknot and Metallica twice last year (with the extra day) and arguably the biggest new headliner they could have but still be charging the same is a bit mental. Glasto is at 350 is well worth it with how big it is and you can save some money on drinks there. IOW is 270 and 225 if you’re a student and you get Green Day/The Prodigy in that. You could even go to Rock Am Ring Or Rock Im Park for 220 and you have Green Day/QOTSA/A7X so definitely much better value out there. 

3 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Id have thought Pantera headline 2nd to pull away all the FOB haters 

Second stage finishes before the headliners so that makes no difference. It is a day though that that rule should should back, even if that means people having Corey and The Offspring clash or something. But I don't see Pantera accepting second stage over main.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Way too expensive for what they’ve produced. For what it’s worth I think it’s a good lineup but to have Slipknot and Metallica twice last year (with the extra day) and arguably the biggest new headliner they could have but still be charging the same is a bit mental. Glasto is at 350 is well worth it with how big it is and you can save some money on drinks there. IOW is 270 and 225 if you’re a student and you get Green Day/The Prodigy in that. You could even go to Rock Am Ring Or Rock Im Park for 220 and you have Green Day/QOTSA/A7X so definitely much better value out there. 

Even Glastonbury though is testing patience now. Regardless of what you get, for people that have attended it and seen virtually the lot of it that interests them, £400 befoee travel with parking is a lot still. 

30 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

One thing that might be worth mentioning but might not be. I was sent a long list of bands who all were in the announcement except one. Of Mice and Men weren't announced. Might be that they pulled out or might just have been a band being misread but still, is a strange one

There is also an article mentioning Shikari which naturally they couldn't be announced yet which might also add to the poster not directly appearing to have 3rd mains. They wouldn't do anything for changing my mind, but they are another booking of the back of a band that currently can't sell their tickets quickly so in another way Download exposure won't hurt them. 

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

but they are another booking of the back of a band that currently can't sell their tickets quickly so in another way Download exposure won't hurt them. 

If people think they'll see them at Download anyway surely they're less likely to buy tickets to their shows? This is a strange one tbh, two separate sources had them confirmed. Of Mice and Men going and Wargasm seemingly being added is sort of a like for like (both non-logo bands) but ES would almost certainly be a logo band. The only thing I think is that they could have asked late not to be included because their tour isn't selling very well?

6 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Enter Shikari were in the press release email from Live Nation but not on the released poster for some reason.

I'd watch QOTSA, Pantera, Babymetal, Biohazard, Fear Factory, Celestial Sanctuary, Gel, Heriot, Pest Control, Scowl, Speed and Zulu but it's still nowhere near worth the money.

I'd watch FOB, Offspring, Sum 41, Billy Talent, Hoobastank, Corey Taylor. Maybe Wargasm and Vukovi.

I've seen Offspring twice on this tour on the arena tour and Slam Dunk. For me it's just Download getting them as a final thing. Billy Talent saw at Slam Dunk and they aren't as good material wise as early. Hoobastank I have seen as I did Sum 41 at Ally Pally and thier tagging of final UK Fest instead of UK show is telling. So really I've got FOB and Corey.

3 minutes ago, OKMess said:

If people think they'll see them at Download anyway surely they're less likely to buy tickets to their shows? This is a strange one tbh, two separate sources had them confirmed. Of Mice and Men going and Wargasm seemingly being added is sort of a like for like (both non-logo bands) but ES would almost certainly be a logo band. The only thing I think is that they could have asked late not to be included because their tour isn't selling very well?

Yes. To be honest, that all depends on who else they like at Download and being 3rd down, their own show will be longer so I wouldn't shun it.

18 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Enter Shikari were in the press release email from Live Nation but not on the released poster for some reason.

Same on the BBC. They also have form for that, this year they announced Queens of the Stone Age for Glastonbury when they weren’t on the first official lineup release. So I’d expect Shikari to be announced in the new year. 

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Same on the BBC. They also have form for that, this year they announced Queens of the Stone Age for Glastonbury when they weren’t on the first official lineup release. So I’d expect Shikari to be announced in the new year. 

Yup, they would fit 3rd down on any of the days to be honest but Saturday 3rd down looks taken. 

11 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yup, they would fit 3rd down on any of the days to be honest but Saturday 3rd down looks taken. 

Looking at the poster again, i think Corey and WSS are 3rd down. Bad Omens, Shikari and Sum 41 head second with 3 of BFS, Billy Talent, Baby Metal and The Used subbing then.

Corey won’t be 3rd down imo, think he’ll be 4th main or sub 2nd. 

shikari will get added later as they need to sell tickets to their tour, they’ll get a 3rd down main slot or headline second 

Think we have 2 3rd down/2nd stage headliner to be announced, think we will have plenty of low down main stage bands announced in the new year too. Also think we have an avalanche headliner left too. 

as said before I think some of those logo bands won’t get logo slots…

5 minutes ago, callum97 said:

shikari will get added later as they need to sell tickets to their tour, they’ll get a 3rd down main slot or headline second 

Think we have 2 3rd down/2nd stage headliner to be announced, think we will have plenty of low down main stage bands announced in the new year too. Also think we have an avalanche headliner left too. 

Yep, I agree with pretty much all of this. 

8 minutes ago, callum97 said:

It is confusing as the logo slots are kinda filled out in terms of the numbers we'd expect. I am worried that this is it and we have no more logo bands to come

34 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

It is confusing as the logo slots are kinda filled out in terms of the numbers we'd expect. I am worried that this is it and we have no more logo bands to come

They can easily add slots that get logos. No reason a 3rd and 4th sub can't have one if they fancy.

• Like 1

Not sure where the £350 ticket price is coming from? This is what I'm seeing:

£267 - Weekend Arena Only

£300 - Weekend & 3 Night GA Camping

£322 - Weekend & 5 Night GA Camping

£35 - Parking

From here: https://www.theticketfactory.com/tickets/events/download-festival/

Still an argument to be made as to whether or not it's value for money, but it's not the case that it's basically as much as Glastonbury.

45 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not sure where the £350 ticket price is coming from? This is what I'm seeing:

£267 - Weekend Arena Only

£300 - Weekend & 3 Night GA Camping

£322 - Weekend & 5 Night GA Camping

£35 - Parking

From here: https://www.theticketfactory.com/tickets/events/download-festival/

Still an argument to be made as to whether or not it's value for money, but it's not the case that it's basically as much as Glastonbury.

I think the £322 figure if the Barclays 10% off price. Not sure if the 10% off is a non-sale or if ticketfactory just listing a lower price, or if they slap fees on the face value whereas the Barclays card presale is £322 with no fees.

QOTSA / Royal Blood / Sum 41 / Beartooth / Fear Factory

Enter Shikari / Billy Talent 

The Used 

Heilung 

FOB / The Offspring / Bad Omens / Electric Callboy / Wargasm

Pantera / Corey Taylor / 

Thy Art Is Murder / of mice & men

The Black Dahlia Murder 

A7X / Machine Head / While She Sleeps / Baby Metal / Biohazard

Avril Lavigne or Sleep Token / Dropkick Murphys

Bowling For Soup 

Polyphia

something like this??? would look like a 9/10 line up for me...

5 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

So Andy Copping interview with Planet Rock is quite revealing! Says they approached 21 Bands to headline overall which is obvs a crazy amount.

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/andy-copping-download-2024/

Not too surprising given who they landed on. Knew there was no chance they willingly went with QOTSA and FOB straight off the bat.

21 though?! Doubt I could list 21 bands who could realistically headline Download.

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

QOTSA / Royal Blood / Sum 41 / Beartooth / Fear Factory

Enter Shikari / Billy Talent 

The Used 

Heilung 

FOB / The Offspring / Bad Omens / Electric Callboy / Wargasm

Pantera / Corey Taylor / 

Thy Art Is Murder / of mice & men

The Black Dahlia Murder 

A7X / Machine Head / While She Sleeps / Baby Metal / Biohazard

Avril Lavigne or Sleep Token / Dropkick Murphys

Bowling For Soup 

Polyphia

something like this??? would look like a 9/10 line up for me...

No more logo bands.

image.gif.798af386b02ca1ec660bbe91924df6d4.gif