Download 2024

FeverDream

32 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

So Andy Copping interview with Planet Rock is quite revealing! Says they approached 21 Bands to headline overall which is obvs a crazy amount.

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/andy-copping-download-2024/

Let's try name them 😂

1. Rammstein, 2. SOAD, 3. Maiden, 4. aerosmith, 5. Green day, 6. Paramore, 7. blink, 8. Foos, 9. ACDC, 10. GNR, 11, Alter Bridge / Creed, 12. Tool, 13. Pearl Jam, 14. Limp Bizkit, 15. The Prodigy, 16. Korn, 17. Springsteen, 18. Ozzy no more tours PT.100. 19, QOTSA, 20. A7X, 21. FOB

13 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Where did you hear this from? Shikari are still to be announced and they are definitely a logo band…

Where did you hear Shikari to be announced ?

I've just gone off previous years posters.

3 logo bands for main, 2 for second, 1 for Avalanche, 1 for Dogtooth x 3 = 21

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

QOTSA / Royal Blood / Sum 41 / Beartooth / Fear Factory

Enter Shikari / Billy Talent 

The Used 

Heilung 

FOB / The Offspring / Bad Omens / Electric Callboy / Wargasm

Pantera / Corey Taylor / 

Thy Art Is Murder / of mice & men

The Black Dahlia Murder 

A7X / Machine Head / While She Sleeps / Baby Metal / Biohazard

Avril Lavigne or Sleep Token / Dropkick Murphys

Bowling For Soup 

Polyphia

something like this??? would look like a 9/10 line up for me...

Billy Talent and Sum 41 are almost definitely not playing Friday

31 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Not too surprising given who they landed on. Knew there was no chance they willingly went with QOTSA and FOB straight off the bat.

21 though?! Doubt I could list 21 bands who could realistically headline Download.

Yeah I mean it's a definite that those two aren't first choice Download headliners. It does not help Download cause though how long it has taken to give BMTH the bump up. Had the festival actually called themselves a rock festival and ever tried to book a rock headliner it might help lol.

9 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

Let's try name them 😂

1. Rammstein, 2. SOAD, 3. Maiden, 4. aerosmith, 5. Green day, 6. Paramore, 7. blink, 8. Foos, 9. ACDC, 10. GNR, 11, Alter Bridge / Creed, 12. Tool, 13. Pearl Jam, 14. Limp Bizkit, 15. The Prodigy, 16. Korn, 17. Springsteen, 18. Ozzy no more tours PT.100. 19, QOTSA, 20. A7X, 21. FOB

I tried naming all the potential headliners on the Download forum. 

1. Iron Maiden 2. SOAD 3. G'n'R 4. Tool 5. MCR 6. KISS 7.Slipknot 8.Def Leppard 9.Faith No More? 10. RATM 11.Aerosmith 12.AC/DC 13.The Prodigy 14.Rammstein 15.A7X 16.Muse 17.Biffy Clyro 18.FOB 19.QOTSA 20.Green Day 21.Blink 182 22.Foo Fighters 23.Pearl Jam 24.Paramore 25.Metallica 26.BMTH 27.Ghost 28.Parkway Drive 29.Bon Jovi 30.Nickelback 31.The Cure 32.Depeche Mode 33.NIN

There's probably a handful more than this like 30STM and Imagine Dragons who I don't really want to admit would headline but you could probably make a case for. 

14 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Where did you hear Shikari to be announced ?

I've just gone off previous years posters.

3 logo bands for main, 2 for second, 1 for Avalanche, 1 for Dogtooth x 3 = 21

BBC leaked it

yeah I get that but I think some of those small logo bands aren’t actually logo bands on a usual poster 

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Billy Talent and Sum 41 are almost definitely not playing Friday

Yeah I mean it's a definite that those two aren't first choice Download headliners. It does not help Download cause though how long it has taken to give BMTH the bump up. Had the festival actually called themselves a rock festival and ever tried to book a rock headliner it might help lol.

Sum41 have download listed as the Friday on their website but that might not be true

Slipknot, Metallica, BMTH ruled out due to headlining last year.

1. QOTSA 2. FOB 3. A7X 4. Maiden 5. Rammstein 6. SOAD 7. GnR 8. Tool 9. Aerosmith 10. Kiss 11. Biffy 12. Muse 13. RATM 14. AC/DC 15. Def Leppard 16. MCR 17. Foos 18. Blink 19. Pearl Jam 20. Green Day 21. RHCP

Suppose the names are there and a lot of those have been at least semi-active in the last couple of years, but seems like he really must’ve gone through everybody in his phone book before landing on the three we got. 

Edited by FloopFiller

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Not too surprising given who they landed on. Knew there was no chance they willingly went with QOTSA and FOB straight off the bat.

21 though?! Doubt I could list 21 bands who could realistically headline Download.

I do wonder how many didn't happen because of Downloads insistence that bands don't do their own shows as well as headline. 

1 hour ago, callum97 said:

BBC leaked it

yeah I get that but I think some of those small logo bands aren’t actually logo bands on a usual poster 

Sum41 have download listed as the Friday on their website but that might not be true

I think that might be a standard date, although i guess if they aren't playing RFP it could happen. 3rd down under RB, if they headline second again Friday it's the exact same spot

37 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

Are we fully ruling out Limp Bizkit and Turnstile at this point? 

The poster is odd because it has the full number of logo bands yet they have left 2 big gaps. Maybe they've increased the logos I dunno. But anyway I don't think either of those bands have any Euro fest dates announced yet? From the way Copping spoke in that interview I posted I think alot of big bands are gonna be doing their own thing(s) next year and until we start seeing more announcements it's hard to tell what. 

Edit: maybe they finally listened and gone dual main stage hence the increase haha but I doubt it. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

OMG AND THEY’RE GOING TO CLOSE THEIR SET WITH SATURDAY

That's an awful song Haha 

40 minutes ago, Dukey said:

It’ll be interesting to see the day splits. Based on Nova Rock

Bad Omens, Babymetal Fri / Sat

Sum 41 Fri / Sun

Wargasm / Machiehead Sat / Sun

Well Sum 41 apparently have Friday on their site which would rule out RFP fest.

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

That's an awful song Haha 

Well Sum 41 apparently have Friday on their site which would rule out RFP fest.

Isn’t that just because it’s the first day of the festival? Wouldn’t put too much credit into that just yet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

Isn’t that just because it’s the first day of the festival? Wouldn’t put too much credit into that just yet. 

That was my initial response too but if they aren't doing RFP like some in Czech Republic then they don't have an angle like others did. They are still having no recovering time from travelling whichever one comes first, unless time difference allows differently one way which it probably does. Also if they are say playing earlier in the day over there and topping a stage over here then Sunday is likely given they'll no doubt gain time.

14 hours ago, OKMess said:

I tried naming all the potential headliners on the Download forum. 

1. Iron Maiden 2. SOAD 3. G'n'R 4. Tool 5. MCR 6. KISS 7.Slipknot 8.Def Leppard 9.Faith No More? 10. RATM 11.Aerosmith 12.AC/DC 13.The Prodigy 14.Rammstein 15.A7X 16.Muse 17.Biffy Clyro 18.FOB 19.QOTSA 20.Green Day 21.Blink 182 22.Foo Fighters 23.Pearl Jam 24.Paramore 25.Metallica 26.BMTH 27.Ghost 28.Parkway Drive 29.Bon Jovi 30.Nickelback 31.The Cure 32.Depeche Mode 33.NIN

There's probably a handful more than this like 30STM and Imagine Dragons who I don't really want to admit would headline but you could probably make a case for. 

Some of fhose wouldn't be asked but to be honest if they offered it to The Prodigy I couldn't see then turning it down except for Boomtown not being an option if they did it

21 hours ago, callum97 said:

Corey won’t be 3rd down imo, think he’ll be 4th main or sub 2nd. 

shikari will get added later as they need to sell tickets to their tour, they’ll get a 3rd down main slot or headline second 

Think we have 2 3rd down/2nd stage headliner to be announced, think we will have plenty of low down main stage bands announced in the new year too. Also think we have an avalanche headliner left too. 

as said before I think some of those logo bands won’t get logo slots…

Seems a given not all the logo acts will actually be logo acts since since about 6 of them could all easily be dogtooth headliners 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Some of fhose wouldn't be asked but to be honest if they offered it to The Prodigy I couldn't see then turning it down except for Boomtown not being an option if they did it

But if IOW got them first they wouldn’t go there as Download like exclusive headliners. 

52 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

Seems a given not all the logo acts will actually be logo acts since since about 6 of them could all easily be dogtooth headliners 

They've never done that before though have they? Using a logo on a poster for a band that then isn't a 'logo act' in one of the spaces we know logos usually are.