Download 2024

FeverDream

I think they may have added some logo slots to appease some egos. There’s no reason why 4th down Main couldn’t be a logo band, or Avalanche or Dogtooth subs. It’s just a design choice and if it keeps some bands happy having their logo on the poster, then go for it. I’m not expecting many more logo bands though, maybe 2 or 3. 

23 minutes ago, foolee said:

Oh it makes sense of course, I just think the information was incorrect as I don’t see why Download would give us all these logo acts to then downgrade someone as this wouldn’t go down well with said downgraded band. When bands are booked at festivals their placement on posters is actually discussed so either Enter Shikari aren’t playing or more logo acts will be on the poster this year. For some reason I can see them doing Trees instead. 

It’s not 100% comparable because they removed all logos from last years poster but 4th on main was given the “big bold font” treatment last year, rather than being lumped into the alphabetical lists. On the Saturday 5th on main even got that billing due to Creeper being a surprise. Sometimes it’s just about looking good on a poster.

IMG_7197.jpeg

3 minutes ago, King101 said:

It’s not 100% comparable because they removed all logos from last years poster but 4th on main was given the “big bold font” treatment last year

Yep, was just about to say the same, people are completely ignoring this. They only did the old fashioned poster with 7 logos as a shirt, that poster isn't even on the website. 

I think we’ll get callboy, Beartooth and shikari as logo additions. Got a feeling that WSS could play 4th and have Beartooth above them, WSS are about the same size as Neck Deep I feel so wouldn’t be out of place. 

there’s an outside chance of Sleep Token as they have their European tour in December and could be announced for festivals in the new year. They could also be a 2000 trees headliner though.

3 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

Shikari are weird ain’t they, brilliant band, but when they try and do a bigger tour it doesn’t sell well.

I remember when they done Cardiff arena years back I’ve never seen the arena so empty, barely a quarter full.

I think their last arena tour sold pretty well from memory, but yeah I can’t see them selling out Wembley arena. There is no chance they play less than 3rd on main though 

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

I think we’ll get callboy, Beartooth and shikari as logo additions. Got a feeling that WSS could play 4th and have Beartooth above them, WSS are about the same size as Neck Deep I feel so wouldn’t be out of place. 

there’s an outside chance of Sleep Token as they have their European tour in December and could be announced for festivals in the new year. They could also be a 2000 trees headliner though.

I would have put WSS above Beartooth, but none are going to increase my ticket chances.

3 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Shikari are weird ain’t they, brilliant band, but when they try and do a bigger tour it doesn’t sell well.

I remember when they done Cardiff arena years back I’ve never seen the arena so empty, barely a quarter full.

Probably cause they tour constantly, they play the UK every year. Not a fan myself but one of my close friends loves them and asks to go the gigs with them cause I go to loads of gigs. He messages me 2 or 3 times a year with them announcing shows it feels like 

They played slam dunk this year and played small venues 3 times earlier this year too, surely demand for a big show would be small

I think given the weakness of the lineup they’d be a pretty good sub for fall out boy to be fair

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I find Enter Shikari a walking paradox of a band. There was a moment where they felt they could crossover and be massive. Instead, they're a reliable mid-bill booking that seems to struggle to shift bigger tours, despite having some pretty reasonable prices in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah Shikari should be able to sell those tours at their prices but they tour all the time. I don't ever see them subbing.

12 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah Shikari should be able to sell those tours at their prices but they tour all the time. I don't ever see them subbing.

They could sub on the basis that they are a great live band and put on a good production. They headlined the pilot and blew everyone away. 3rd on main is probably where they are but I wouldn’t question them getting a sub position either 

The thing I Like about Shikari is they have no massive egos, they love what they do and they always deliver live, I have seen them 5/6 times and they’ve never disappointed even in a tiny crowd in an arena to which Rou jokingly said 'Making arena shows intimate’ due to the lack of attendance, similar to Broco the bigger venues they do don’t sell as well due to how much they tour I guess, but there’s no way Shikari play lower than a 3rd down main slot.

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Copping said on a podcast last year that Shikari are now a main stage special guest but I don’t believe him. They would be a solid third down for sure. 

Well here is our answer then.

Get ready for the third wave of names to have "and special guests Enter Shikari are back to play third on main stage of fall out boy day"

On 11/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, Andre91 said:

Copping said on a podcast last year that Shikari are now a main stage special guest but I don’t believe him. They would be a solid third down for sure. 

That makes that space next to Pantera look very interesting. 

They're not though. Not even close.