2024 Headliners

Someone very well connected in the music industry mentioned Madge’s name to me in December, he said it was “for the next Glastonbury” which I assumed was for this year but I think he works pretty much a year in advance when sorting bookings so I’d say she’s nailed for ‘24.

Taylor, Madonna and Sam Fender my complete guess. Complete opposite of this year with two females and an up and comer 

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rihanna's having another baby. Don't see her getting back on the road any time soon.

Riri has show plans eventually so its not out of the question. But I bet its Coachella first cause they had been negotiating since around this time last year and obviously they almost had her pending the  pregnancy and super bowl jumping in.

Dua - ??? - Depeche

whoever is betting Madge you better pray she doesnt get injured on the tour.

Edited by Suprefan

9 hours ago, wro_lap said:

The next year has just flashed before me. The next 200 pages of this thread will be endlessly debating back and forth whether the Guardian meant "first time headliner", "first time performer", or forgot about Dua's tiny JP slot a few years back.

I’ll kick it off. It was a direct Emily quote, not a Guardian opinion piece, and here is what she is supposed to have said.....

Next year’s festival should see two women headline, said Eavis – one confirmed, one close, and both of them Glastonbury first-timers. 

It’s almost definitely gonna be two of Dua, Taylor and Madonna, right? Like a tiny outside chance that Rihanna actually ups and tours, but basically those three are the real contenders here, and Dua and Taylor make the most sense given one is next in line to step up and the other was booked for 2020. I think that quote can easily be read as ‘first time headliners’ and that’s what it’ll inevitably come down to, although obviously the moment Madonna announces more shows for next year, it’s all up in the air. 

Third headliner is the bigger mystery that will hopefully keep us guessing for the next year or so, and then it’ll just be The 1975.

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s almost definitely gonna be two of Dua, Taylor and Madonna, right? Like a tiny outside chance that Rihanna actually ups and tours, but basically those three are the real contenders here, and Dua and Taylor make the most sense given one is next in line to step up and the other was booked for 2020. I think that quote can easily be read as ‘first time headliners’ and that’s what it’ll inevitably come down to, although obviously the moment Madonna announces more shows for next year, it’s all up in the air. 

Third headliner is the bigger mystery that will hopefully keep us guessing for the next year or so, and then it’ll just be The 1975.

Wait til Depeche announce their 2024 Europe tour in 6 months and it has a curious gap. Theres already been talk that they have an opening on their schedule. 

Same for Taylor but there was the Emily quote that said she hopes Taylor is back within the next 5 years which clearly doesnt point towards 2024. She prob wont announce 2024 til North America is done anyway and by then its mid August.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Wait til Depeche announce their 2024 Europe tour in 6 months and it has a curious gap. Theres already been talk that they have an opening on their schedule.

Yeah I think the third headliner will be between The 1975 and Depeche Mode tbh, and I’m hoping for the latter as Matt Healy’s lot have got years down the line to do it, whereas it’s more or less Depeche Mode’s last chance before they disband. 

Depeche Mode and then two out of those three female acts would be a great set of headliners for me personally - be at the Pyramid every night. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pink or Gaga?

Ehh I suppose. Tbh I just don’t see Pink being somebody they’re all that bothered about getting, and remains to be seen if Gaga is gonna be active and touring again or still busy doing movie stuff. Can’t rule either out, but at this point it’s far more in favour of the other three imo.