2024 Headliners

21 hours ago, foolee said:

Madonna, Green Day & Taylor Swift would be such a good set of headliners. 

I'd be over the moon with that set of headliners. I don't think anything would pull me away. I also don't think there is a chance Green Day will do it though and I'm 95% sure Dua Lip will. I've put some money on her.

I know it doesn't mean too much but on the skybet, Foo Fighters have gone from under evens to 7/4. 
My bet guess would be Rihanna and Dua Lipa. Madonna might be willing to do it should she feel anything towards it after her recent scare that it's one to tick off but I get a feeling she's as far away from probably being bothered as possible. The moment she does Glastonbury she accepts that 200k people less are interested in her ticket prices because she's a tick of for most people at this point. The like of Taylor are going to be around a while and even if you see her at Glastonbury, big fans are going to want to see her on her next album release etc.

2 hours ago, AVALON.G said:

The more I think about it the more obvious is seems to be. 

I think that TS will add more dates but to assume that one of these will be a 3rd date In Dublin is bonkers 

Ireland is a tiny nation of just 5million people 3 dates would be absolutely overkill. More dates in London makes sense but Dublin no way.

Garth Brooks of all people played five sold out nights in Dublin last year. And that was in the larger Croke Park. The biggest pop star on earth is perfectly capable of selling three nights in a 60,000 capacity stadium. It’s all love. 

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Because when theres been a big sporting match in dublin or a huge concert tour they havent managed? The city doesnt get to decide on such a thing. Theyll gladly take the tourist money. And I would guarantee you right now the hotel prices in Dublin have spiked already. Every city in the u.s that has the tour coming has ridiculous hotel and airbnb prices. It translates everywhere. The other thing is that lets say dublin doesnt get an extra date and she just never ends up on the lineup, then what? Whose fault is it gonna be. Most glasto headliners arent coming off 2 straight gigs in a row anyway. A day off is welcome regardless of who you are. If this was going to be 100% happening and Emily knew the tour routing and all that which she clearly does then you have her play thursday and friday which leave Sunday perfectly open. She has mid week shows in some cities so thats not a weird thing either.

just looked and multiple properties are either sold out or high priced. 

IMG_6393.jpeg

Dude they're normal hotel prices in Dublin. Place is f**ked that way. I saw two nights in a Wetherspoons midweek for the equivalent of 700 bucks.

32 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Garth Brooks of all people played five sold out nights in Dublin last year. And that was in the larger Croke Park. The biggest pop star on earth is perfectly capable of selling three nights in a 60,000 capacity stadium. It’s all love. 

Would it be fair to say that you can not imagine any possible future where Taylor Swift does not play a gig in Dublin on June the 30th across all possible timelines........

14 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Would it be fair to say that you can not imagine any possible future where Taylor Swift does not play a gig in Dublin on June the 30th across all possible timelines........

No. I think it’s very likely but not an absolute certainty. In the timeline where Michelle Yeoh has sausages for fingers I can imagine her adding the Wednesday in Dublin, having the Thursday off, and then playing the Friday and Saturday in Dublin with Glastonbury on the Sunday. Especially if she does Coachella so has a festival-friendly set ready to go.

I wouldn’t put my mortgage on it happening, for all the reasons we’ve discussed over and over again - and also the under-discussed factor that we think there’s a Pyramid headliner already booked in for 2025, with Swifty one of probably less than 10 acts the fest would book that far in advance. But I wouldn’t bet my dog’s life on it not happening either because you never truly know. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 hours ago, AVALON.G said:

Honestly London is nearly twice the pop size of the entire country of Ireland that is where international visitors will gravitate to. 

Again Taylor does more than 3  or even 4 gigs in a row all the time so not a blocker. 

I'm not committed to thinking TS will headline 

The only point I'm making is people are celebrating finding conclusive evidence that she cant headline and its certainly not concrete its mostly assumptions at this point. 

Remember when Elton John was ruled out for having a gig in France?..    

I think you need to wait for the 3rd gig in Ireland to actually exist before you rule her out.   We will know in 2 weeks. Assuming the extra dates are announced straight after sales. 

Till then it seems absolutely bonkers to rule TS out. 

I know people seem absolutely desperate to rule her out but its definitely too soon for that. 

To quote Stevan Segall  "assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups" 

Youre still not getting the point of city size or anything. Who gives a flying f**k if Dublin is small and London is large. If im coming from another country to go see her I am sure as hell not trying London despite the 5 dates. Lisbon, Dublin, Lyon, Warsaw, Hamburg are all ideal cities to get a ticket. Thats been the plan from the get go from international ticket buyers since they even announced the tour.

Right now the thing that would count her out until a 3rd date comes up is theres zero precedent for this at all. Has never travelled to another city overnight to perform somewhere else. If she had done this already on this tour  and had played in Texas then done Coachella or in a couple weeks played in Seattle then done Lollapalooza then you can say its doable because theyre actually doing it and prepared for the scenario. And Taylors team would also be smart enough to figure it all out so its not a pain in the ass, same for the festival.  Even in 2020 she had a day in between before she wouldve played Glasto and Norway isnt a long flight. Seen it happen plenty of times, somebody has one day open and you just assume theyre in and it never materializes. You know the other scenario is that what if the 3rd dublin date surfaces in a few months. Then youll take it as they attempted to book her and it fell through.

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Dude they're normal hotel prices in Dublin. Place is f**ked that way. I saw two nights in a Wetherspoons midweek for the equivalent of 700 bucks.

Why did I book a place for way less when I went.. Could show you hotel prices in Kansas City, Cincinatti, etc that are hyper inflated cause Taylor is coming to town. These people are relentless. When eventually plays I wont be surprised at increased attempts at sneaking in or a spike in volunteer applications which could even happen right now cause some of the obsessed would find any way to get in there. Imagine if she booked Hyde now? There would be a rush at the gates and just another 60,000 outside the walls hoping they could see her on the screens.

• Like 1

Gonna attempt this, though too early to call.

FRIDAY

PYRAMID: The 1975 / Pulp / Becky Hill / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: The Prodigy / KSI / Bastille / Beabadoobee / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .paak
JOHN PEEL: Wolf Alice
PARK: PJ Harvey

SATURDAY

PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Tyler, The Creator / Yungblud / Phoebe Bridgers / Bad Boy Chiller Crew / Gary Clark Jr. / Young Fathers
OTHER: The National / Wet Leg / Joy Crookes / DMAs / Yard Act
WEST HOLTS: Nas
JOHN PEEL: Fontaines D.C.
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY

PYRAMID: Blur / Halsey / Iggy Pop / Cher / John Fogerty / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Doja Cat / Jack Harlow / IDLES / Sigrid / Pale Waves
WEST HOLTS: Mabel
JOHN PEEL: Bloc Party
PARK; Pavement

On 6/29/2023 at 11:23 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Anyone but Madge, really need to stop with the dinosaurs. 

it should be Madge just so she sees how much everyone calls her "Madge", which she apparently hates. 😛 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Early enough to call that Taylor Swift is playing Dublin that Saturday 

Maybe swap her and Blur around then.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The thought of Phoebe playing to a crowd waiting for Yungblud makes me ill 

They seem to have a bit of crossover in fanbase demographics.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Gross. Let’s have her headlining the Park up against AC/DC or something instead please ❤️

No way Phoebe Bridgers plays the Park now. Honestly with another album out I could see her getting a prime Other/Pyramid slot.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Gonna attempt this, though too early to call.

FRIDAY

PYRAMID: The 1975 / Pulp / Becky Hill / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: The Prodigy / KSI / Bastille / Beabadoobee / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .paak
JOHN PEEL: Wolf Alice
PARK: PJ Harvey

SATURDAY

PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Tyler, The Creator / Yungblud / Phoebe Bridgers / Bad Boy Chiller Crew / Gary Clark Jr. / Young Fathers
OTHER: The National / Wet Leg / Joy Crookes / DMAs / Yard Act
WEST HOLTS: Nas
JOHN PEEL: Fontaines D.C.
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY

PYRAMID: Blur / Halsey / Iggy Pop / Cher / John Fogerty / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Doja Cat / Jack Harlow / IDLES / Sigrid / Pale Waves
WEST HOLTS: Mabel
JOHN PEEL: Bloc Party
PARK; Pavement

Two female Pyramid headliners. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:41 PM, foolee said:

Madonna, Green Day & Taylor Swift would be such a good set of headliners. 

I was actually wondering what the likelihood of Green Day or RHCP ever headlining would be. Huge international names, with plenty of crowd pleasing bangers, but also, while I wouldn't quite describe them as left turn by Glasto headliner's standards, they're probably not acts you'd expect to be front runners.

Edited by VCK

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Are we sure this is definitely happening? I know it's what they're aiming to do, but is it set in stone.

I believe Emilys words are along the lines of "one booked, one close to"

Just now, incident said:

I believe Emilys words are along the lines of "one booked, one close to"

So Taylor Swift and...who else do we reckon? Can only think of other pop acts who would realistically do it, which would ironically make the headliners less diverse.

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Are we sure this is definitely happening? I know it's what they're aiming to do, but is it set in stone.

Emily said “next year it's looking like we've got two female headliners, so fingers crossed.” It’s not definitely happening but it looks like that’s what they’re aiming for so it’s a safe assumption to make that we’ll have two female headliners next year

Edited by All Caps

Just now, VCK said:

So Taylor Swift and...who else do we reckon? Can only think of other pop acts who would realistically do it, which would ironically make the headliners less diverse.

Almost definitely not Taylor Swift given the unlikeliness of the scheduling. Ultimately if she was playing, then she'd not have booked in stadium shows a plane/helicopter ride away on each of the previous nights.

My best guess is that one of those is Dua Lipa, and the other is Madge. Though I'm not confident on either.

The 1975 at their Finsbury Park show today have announced another UK tour next year along with confirming they’re working on their sixth album, surely that makes them front runners for next year?

Although a top-billing of The 1975 / Dua Lipa / Madonna does seem rather poppy