2024 Headliners

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wet Leg are a lot of fun but I can't see them getting any bigger than they are now. They'll get a decent slot next year off the back of the next album then they'll start sliding down the lineups.

Agreed. Saw them support Pulp at Finsbury Park and wasn't anywhere near as exciting as seeing them at The Park last year.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They are bad.

But think of the risk in booking them to headline.

I think you might need to put that strawman back in his box as I doubt you'd find a single person prepared to argue that Wet Leg should headline Glastonbury Festival Of Contemporary Performing Arts 2024.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

1975, Sam Fender & Dave are probably next up of the "new" British acts.

I have no interest in 1975 or Dave, but I'd much rather have them headline than Chris Martin's House Band.

Reckon two of these have both got a chance of the playing in 2025. If The 1975 aren't there next year, surely they are going to have to wait until after the fallow.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have no interest in 1975 or Dave, but I'd much rather have them headline than Chris Martin's House Band.

Fender certainly feels like an inevitability in the next year or two.

Even if you can’t stand them doing their own stuff, there’s a lot to enjoy besides:

Anyone who didn’t go off for the holographic Pyramid projection thing they did in 2011 - jail

Anyone who didn’t go off for Big Baz and Stayin’ Alive in 2016 - jail
Anyone who didn’t go off for the Kylie cover in 2005 - jail

Anyone who didn’t go off for the first time the whole field got lit up with wristbands in 2016 - straight to jail

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Even if you can’t stand them doing their own stuff, there’s a lot to enjoy besides:

Anyone who didn’t go off for the holographic Pyramid projection thing they did in 2011 - jail

Anyone who didn’t go off for Big Baz and Stayin’ Alive in 2016 - jail
Anyone who didn’t go off for the Kylie cover in 2005 - jail

Anyone who didn’t go off for the first time the whole field got lit up with wristbands in 2016 - straight to jail

Never seen any of those. 

Would rather watch Barry Gibb & Kylie on their own.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never seen any of those. 

Would rather watch Barry Gibb & Kylie on their own.

Of course it's pretty certain & documented that Barry Gibb wouldn't have happened without Coldplay getting him involved.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

True, but they've also done about 20 stadium dates in 22 and 23. It's not like opportunities to see them recently haven't been there.

Given their fondness for Ticketmasters Dynamic pricing atrocity it was surprisingly difficult.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

would have thought anything cold would be good for you  after seeing the weather thread  🙂 ..... ill get my coat 🙂 

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yep, so did I.

Good stuff all round.

Barry Gibb is probably my favourite "Sunday Legend'. 

Setlist was incredible. Elton level of big jams.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/barry-gibb/2017/worthy-farm-pilton-england-23e4e8f3.html

Plus the rarity factor in that he doesn't seem in a hurry to ever do another gig.

Chef's kiss for Bazz. 

• Upvote 1