2024 Headliners

14 hours ago, kalifire said:

Emily said two women headliners. 

And when its just one  then everyones going to be pissed or say emily lied. She should never give specifics out like that because its extra pressure thats not needed.  Cause of course there can always be issues and somebody backs out and you gotta scramble

The actual quote that isn’t a quote but a line from a journalist in an article 15 months before the festival is this….

Next year’s festival should see two women headline, said Eavis – one confirmed, one close, and both of them Glastonbury first-timers. Rihanna and Madonna are among the top-billing acts who have never played the festival.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

56 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And when its just one  then everyones going to be pissed or say emily lied. She should never give specifics out like that because its extra pressure thats not needed.  Cause of course there can always be issues and somebody backs out and you gotta scramble

"Next years festival SHOULD see two women headline."

That's fairly clear.  She ain't scambling.

On 8/13/2023 at 1:12 PM, northernangel said:

Yeah, I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Dave coming out certainly made it a moment for than something you felt you couldn't miss. I just about chose them because I can see Fatboy there every year but I don't due to that exact reason over someone else.

I did see him play the secret set at Green piece but it was a DJ set so none of his own stuff anyway. Then went to Blondie which was OK....better on their Other stage slot previously I thought where it wasn't such a huge field for them to play.

Last hour was absolutely great. From Civil War onward. I enjoyed most of it but before that needed a slightly bigger spread of well known songs. 

Yeah Blondie was spectacularly OK

5 hours ago, stuie said:

"Next years festival SHOULD see two women headline."

That's fairly clear.  She ain't scambling.

A lot can change. ‘Should’ is not the same as ‘will’

Even then it isn’t a direct quote, it’s the journalists interpretation.

Long time posting here, kept away having missed out on tickets for this year. Are we thinking there is a good chance The 1975 headline, I know there has always been rumours they will tour the UK again next year (Think Matty said it at some point), and the fact they have played alot of other festivals this year, makes me think they will be playing Glastonbury next year...

15 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Long time posting here, kept away having missed out on tickets for this year. Are we thinking there is a good chance The 1975 headline, I know there has always been rumours they will tour the UK again next year (Think Matty said it at some point), and the fact they have played alot of other festivals this year, makes me think they will be playing Glastonbury next year...

They confirmed a UK tour next year at their Finsbury Park show.

Looks unlikely they'll be headlining any time soon, especially with them doing the fake main stage at R&L this year - think they can be brought into the conversation again when they next release an album. But until then, I'd be surprised if the Eavi go for them, unless they settle for Other headline, but can't imagine Matty accepting that slot.

36 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

they are after 2 female headliners this year and then it seems coldplay are nailed on so probably not... too many male acts around to waste it on the 1975

20 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

She said they’re trying for two, not that two are booked.

I think two is extremely likely. I take the wording for debut as a female headliner, which puts Madonna, Dua Lipa and Rihanna in the frame. They aren't not going to book Dua Lipa because she's not completely new.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That's just an awful read, half of it is about Blur's forthcoming tour with a gap for Glastonbury that has gone, and the rest we know. Even a link the Madonna's rescheduled dates that haven't been rescheduled yet.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

A lot can change. ‘Should’ is not the same as ‘will’

Even then it isn’t a direct quote, it’s the journalists interpretation.

Exactly. It then clarifies that the contract isn't done so it's subject to change! 

Madonna.....

01/08 – Boston, MD @ TD Garden
01/09 – Boston, MD @ TD Garden
01/11 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
01/12 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
01/15 – Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
01/18 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
01/20 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
01/22 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
01/23 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
01/25 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
01/29 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
02/01 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
02/02 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
02/05 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
02/08 – Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
02/13 – St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
02/17 – Seattle, WA @ Climate Pledge Arena
02/18 – Seattle, WA @ Climate Pledge Arena
02/21 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
02/24 – Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
02/27 – San Francisco, CA @ Chase Center
02/28 – San Francisco, CA @ Chase Center
03/01 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
03/02 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
03/04 – Los Angeles, CA @ Kia Forum
03/05 – Los Angeles, CA @ Kia Forum
03/07 – Los Angeles, CA @ Kia Forum
03/09 – Los Angeles, CA @ Kia Forum
03/11 – Los Angeles, CA @ Kia Forum
03/16 – Phoenix, AZ @ Footprint Center
03/19 – Denver, CO @ Ball Arena
03/24 – Dallas, TX @ America Airlines Center
03/25 – Dallas, TX @ America Airlines Center
03/28 – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
03/29 – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
04/01 – Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena
04/04 – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
04/06 – Miami, FL @ Kaseya Center
04/07 – Miami, FL @ Kaseya Center
04/14 – Austin, TX @ Moody Center
04/15 – Austin, TX @ Moody Center
04/20 – Mexico City, MX @ Palacio De Los Deportes
04/21 – Mexico City, MX @ Palacio De Los Deportes
04/23 – Mexico City, MX @ Palacio De Los Deportes
04/24 – Mexico City, MX @ Palacio De Los Deportes

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I think two is extremely likely. I take the wording for debut as a female headliner, which puts Madonna, Dua Lipa and Rihanna in the frame. They aren't not going to book Dua Lipa because she's not completely new.

That's just an awful read, half of it is about Blur's forthcoming tour with a gap for Glastonbury that has gone, and the rest we know. Even a link the Madonna's rescheduled dates that haven't been rescheduled yet.

Iggy is looking for people to write articles / reviews for this website im sure he will be interested if you or anyone else would like to do any write ups . I posted the latest one that someone has spent time doing , so thanks to the author it was likely done for no financial reward 

• Upvote 1