2024 Headliners

On 7/11/2023 at 8:04 PM, Leyrulion said:

What about one of Cardi B and Doja cat?

Has that been discussed?

I know for a load of people on here they'd go down like a wet long drop but they're undeniably big names to top el pointo.

Well, Cardi B released her big comeback single today…

It debuted at just #70 on Spotify and #138 on Apple Music (both UK), quite a way off WAP charting at #1 a few years ago! 

2 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Well, Cardi B released her big comeback single today…

It debuted at just #70 on Spotify and #138 on Apple Music (both UK), quite a way off WAP charting at #1 a few years ago! 

Not keen on it at all, but I think it could be a song to watch, reckon it could be a riser.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:16 AM, Baggieboy said:

FFS Glastonbury just announce The 1975 as headliners. No other band comes close to them atm. Selling tickets faster than Swifty is telling you something. BOOK THEM NOW.

Faster than taylor swift i've heard it all now ffs

2018 being a non-festival year and then COVID coming along in 2020/21 is the reason they’ve not played in a while as it all aligned with their albums and touring plans - reckon they could’ve subbed in ‘18 and/or headlined in ‘21 if the festival was on those years. 

Problem is, there are often just bigger or better options that take priority over them so they’re no doubt on the back burner until the festival is low on choices. Could very well do 2025 with a new album, but could just as easily be passed up once again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

Anyone find it weird how this time last year we all seemed to have a good idea of the 3 headliners and this chat was booming.

This year nothing is set in stone and everyone is quiet?

Elton didn't come about until the it was noticed the dates were changed, some time after the main sale.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doesn't sound like there's anything else going to be happening with Head and the lads 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-talking-heads-reunite-for-the-first-time-in-20-years-q-and-a-stop-making-sense-3496454

Shame, but lets see what the fallout of the concert reshowing in cinemas is. Surely if there's serious serious interest in the film then conversations will be had - assuming they aren't being had already.

Even if it's a one off - although that one off will end up being a mega payday at Coachella.

I think there's been serious interest for a long time in a reformed Talking Heads tour, especially as the oldest generation of legends starts to retire (or... the other thing). I think you're right that it would be a one-off, maybe not for Coachella's Gen Z/Alpha types but for a future Desert Trip on the same site

15 hours ago, stanh said:

Also completely different price points; Taylor's cheapest tickets were almost The 1975's most expensive (other than what went into platinum for them). Comparing those 2 is ludicrous😂 

14 hours ago, northernangel said:

Let's not compare lol, one is a magician on stage the others are shite

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

One of those arenas is called the World Arena in fairness, so it's obviously way more, mega, mega important. 

My only point is that Taylor Swift is a bigger ticket seller than the 1975, something which is apparently ludicrous to all of you??