2024 Headliners

6 hours ago, mufcok said:

I haven't been in this thread for a little while, so apologies if this has been covered - but Blur seem to be cracking on touring this album, think it's South America at the end of the year?

Surely Emily will be knocking on their door... 

Yes, including this Mexico festival, a few names on here we may see next year

6BB381D1-08DF-4883-B649-FF0907DBA5A1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

No, no it is isn't. Widely accepted by who? It isn't as bad as After Laughter but not much could be. Sales from This Is Why make your claim laughable. I don't care what you've got from Spotify stats.

Nor Katy Perry or Miley were selling out stadiums, though Miley would headline now. She has grown significantly in stature since then.

Surely you arent comparing sales of an album in 2023 to an album from 2013 in terms of sales?

Who buys albums anymore? You might not care about spotify streams but they are absolutely relevant.

Oh and sales doesnt mean its a good product.

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

No, no it is isn't. Widely accepted by who? It isn't as bad as After Laughter but not much could be. Sales from This Is Why make your claim laughable. I don't care what you've got from Spotify stats.

Nor Katy Perry or Miley were selling out stadiums, though Miley would headline now. She has grown significantly in stature since then.

I just went to check. Metacritic. Pretty objective, that.

15 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Surely you arent comparing sales of an album in 2023 to an album from 2013 in terms of sales?

Who buys albums anymore? You might not care about spotify streams but they are absolutely relevant.

Oh and sales doesnt mean its a good product.

By sales, I meant ticket sales quite clearly. Forget products from a band, Both of the artists in question are without a doubt selling tours at their peak in a period where it is the hardest financially.

I don't need to compare sales to know that going based on spotify, which I don't say is completely useless but it's easy to access songs. Also going based on that, one one songs from This is Why features on people's playlists....way down the line. 8.6m compared to songs featuring from Riot!, Self Entitled and BNE way up the line. If we then switch over to popularity, it is much the same sequence. 2013's Self Titled is definitely their best album since BNE an an overall popularity, even I am happy to listen to 5 songs from that album and went to that tour.

As for P!nk, I don't know enough of her stuff to debate it.

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

I just went to check. Metacritic. Pretty objective, that.

So you used an aggregate critic, how is that different from just different people's views. Spotify if you want to know what people are listening to will tell you all you need to know....and the hint it, it is not This is Why.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

By sales, I meant ticket sales quite clearly. Forget products from a band, Both of the artists in question are without a doubt selling tours at their peak in a period where it is the hardest financially.

I don't need to compare sales to know that going based on spotify, which I don't say is completely useless but it's easy to access songs. Also going based on that, one one songs from This is Why features on people's playlists....way down the line. 8.6m compared to songs featuring from Riot!, Self Entitled and BNE way up the line. If we then switch over to popularity, it is much the same sequence. 2013's Self Titled is definitely their best album since BNE an an overall popularity, even I am happy to listen to 5 songs from that album and went to that tour.

So you used an aggregate critic, how is that different from just different people's views. Spotify if you want to know what people are listening to will tell you all you need to know....and the hint it, it is not This is Why.

Numbers of people listening to a record does not tell you how good a record is. 

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Bad Bunny is objectively good, then!

Ha, I've not checked. This amuses me. You don't understand the rules though. If I like something and metacritic says it's good, it is. If I disagree, metacritic opinion is invalid. Tbf, the one review of BB I checked, user score was only 6.0 

- I'll take that 😉😘

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

" It isn't as bad as After Laughter but not much could be. Sales from This Is Why make your claim laughable. I don't care what you've got from Spotify stats."

So "clear" you meant ticket sales 🙄

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

Yeah, I'm desperately trying to piss my missus off so much that she divorces me and I can go

You should've gone the game then 🤣🤣🤣 @grayzer1said thanks very much for the ticket👏👏👏

IMG_20230925_070758.jpg

Edited by gazzared
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, wghennessy said:

" It isn't as bad as After Laughter but not much could be. Sales from This Is Why make your claim laughable. I don't care what you've got from Spotify stats."

So "clear" you meant ticket sales 🙄

Do they?, so you're comparing sales of an album that's had 6 years compared to 6 months and where the sales of music are these days. After Laughter reaching 6 and This Is Why reaching 2 is a big difference. You could bring Riot! etc reach way lower into the conversation but given the sales numbers as well, I think it's clear that's a physical buying period.

The difference if you bring spotify stats into it, that music is there ready to listen to at the touch of a button and not the spending needed on a record.

I said ticket sales is what matter from the very start lol, and it is not necessarily that people are buying tickets to watch the newer material. Their first 

On 9/23/2023 at 7:40 PM, northernangel said:

Miley Cyrus would not headline Glastonbury.